With only three ingredients, this super creamy summertime treat is effortless to put together – without the trip to a local fast food joint.
Nothing is more convenient than using at-home staple ingredients to create a great dessert recipe. With only chocolate milk, sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip, this CopyCat Wendy’s Frosty is a top-tier viral recipe.
Why you will love making this Dessert Recipe
Summer Month Fun – Everyone loves a cool treat, and ice cream is right up there for hot summer months.
Move over old-fashioned malts and shakes; this at-home take on the well-known Wendys Frosty is a perfect copycat that is the real deal and only needs just a few minutes to prepare.
No Ice Cream Machine Needed – While we adore a great copycat recipe and a great ice cream recipe, relying on a bulky ice cream machine can seem daunting.
- chocolate milk
- sweetened condensed milk
- whipped topping
How to make a Copycat Wendy’s Frosty Recipe
- Place cold chocolate milk, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover blender with plastic wrap and freeze the chocolate mixture for 2 hours, up to 3. The blender can be added to freeze if your blender is freezer safe like ours. Otherwise, pour into a freezer-safe container.
- Once the mixture is half frozen in the blender, remove the container from the freezer.
- Scrape down the sides of the frosty mixture (and any ice crystals that have formed) and blend again.
- Pour Copycat Wendy’s Frosty into serving glasses and serve.
Expert Frosty Treat Tips
- Do not substitute evaporated milk for sweetened condensed milk – it’s not the same thing and is not interchangeable.
- You can double these ingredients; however, most blenders won’t hold a whole gallon of milk plus additional ingredients.
- This frozen beverage needs time to freeze, so while it only takes a few minutes to prep, it still needs between 2-3 hours to freeze for the correct Frosty consistency.
Related Beverage Recipes
Dive into a perfect fruit-filled Red Sangria Recipe.
Great for every holiday, learn how to make layered Jello Shots here.