Famous TikTok Whipped Coffee with instant coffee, hand-mixed, and poured over a blend of whole cream and milk – say good morning to a fluffy indulgence!
Dalgona TikTok Whipped Coffee Recipe
There is a reason some recipes go viral on social media. And if you aren’t on TikTok yet, you’re missing out on these hot recipes! Come join our 1.4+ million strong community on TikTok to find more fun creations and recipes!
This delicious whipped coffee recipe is a unique way to enjoy an after-dinner dessert coffee. Control how creamy, sugary, or over the top coffee, you get pretty easily with this step by step instruction on the famous TikTok recipe. If you love the creamy sugary taste of a caramel macchiato from Starbucks, you’ll love this to-die-for TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe!
Like all coffees, this TikTok whipped coffee recipe is to our tastes. But you could easily alter it for your favorites like oat milk, crunchy caramel bits, or even some chocolate fudge drizzle.
Also, make sure you serve this one up with TikTok miniature pancakes.
- Instant coffee
- White sugar
- Hot water
- Whole cream
Exact measurements for the TikTok Whipped Coffee are at the end of the article.
Optional ingredients to dial up your TikTok whipped coffee recipe:
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Cookie Crumbles
RELATED RECIPES: 10 Best TikTok Recipes, Hot Chocolate Cocoa Balls, TikTok Cloud Bread, Lava Mug Cake in 1 Minute
How To Make The Famous TikTok Whipped Coffee Recipe (Dalgona Whipped Coffee)
You’ll find many recipes that recommend equal parts of coffee to sugar and water. But the truth about instant coffee is you know the drink can taste too bitter. To counteract the bitter taste for something more delectable, follow the below step by step TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe.
I find this recipe to have a bit more sugar intake, which is what people expect it to have.
If you’re wondering, “what does the famous TikTok whipped coffee recipe taste like?”
Well, this Dalgona Coffee Recipe tastes like a caramel macchiato. Only better without the bitter espresso aftertaste.
Step 1: Combine The Whipped Coffee Ingredients
To create the whipped coffee, combine the ingredients with their full measurements at the end of the article.
You’ll need to mix instant coffee, white sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix And Whip The Coffee
You can manually mix by hand or use a hand mixer until you achieve a thick consistency. I recommend mixing with the hand mixer to save yourself time and energy.
Keep in mind – the color of your whipped coffee will depend on the actual instant coffee brand.
Step 3: Assemble The Final Whipped Coffee Drink
- Drizzle caramel sauce on the inside of your drinking glass. I like to use a stemless wine glass or short tumbler.
- Pour milk about 1/3rd of the glass
- Then pour whole whipping cream 1/3 of the glass
- Top off your whipped coffee with a spoon
Looks may be deceiving not having a lot of whipped coffee in the glass.
Bear in mind, it’s strong like an espresso shot.
Optional: Add whipped cream to fill the remaining glass.
Not Optional: Stir and savor! 🤤
Common Questions About The TikTok Whipped Coffee Recipe
What is “Dalgona” Coffee?
Dalgona is toffee candy placed on a stick and its origin comes from Korea. It makes a delicious and creamy whipped coffee drink on top of iced milk or ice cream. When heating and combining instant coffee, sugar, and water, you get a fluffy blend.
Did someone say a creamy sweet indulgence?
Who Started The Famous TikTok Whipped Coffee Trend?
Korean actor Jung Il-woo started the famous TikTok Whipped Coffee trend. Thousands of other channels like @alonzo_lerone, @makingmelanie, and many more followed.
Can Ground Coffee Be Used Instead Of Instant Coffee?
Unfortunately, no because using ground coffee defeats the purpose of the Korean Dalgona whipped coffee tradition. This recipe calls for instant coffee which is easily accessible from many coffee brands.
Some big-name brands that sell instant coffee include Starbucks, Folgers, and single servings like Nescafe.
How Do You Serve The TikTok Whipped Coffee Recipe?
Many people enjoy serving whipped coffee over ice and milk with a little Oreo cookie on top. But we prefer a thicker whole cream and milk combination with minimal or no ice. Coffee can be a personal drink so do not be afraid to get creative. If you want to skip the caffeine, try the TikTok Strawberry Whipped Coffee recipe.
Add a kick of flavor to your TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe:
- Sprinkle a trickle of spicy chai, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie powder before serving your delightful TikTok Whipped Coffee.
- For those with a dairy intolerance – substitute regular milk for your favorite plant-based milk like an almond, nut, or oat milk.
- Drizzle your glass with chocolate syrup instead of caramel sauce. Or why not both? 😉
Why not have your TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe with these complimentary dishes?
- Mini Pancake Cereal
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe With Caramel Sauce
- Southern Bread Pudding Recipe
- Crispy Bacon In The Oven
Do You Stir Whipped Coffee?
An iced caramel macchiato is my go-to drink – so this is a dilemma most people have. If you plop a straw right into this drink, you will suck up all the dairy and leave the frothy coffee on the bottom. This means your drink will be a combo of super sweet and then super bitter. I know it looks pretty separated, but I recommend that you slightly stir to blend it all and enjoy.
What is Dalgona, exactly?
Dalgona is a popular sweet candy that originated from the streets of Korea. The term ‘dalgona’ originated from the Korean word ‘dalguna,’ which translates to “it’s sweet” in English. Often called ‘honeycomb toffee’ in other countries, it has a taste similar to butterscotch. Other names it goes by around the world at ‘sponge candy’ in the USA, ‘cinder toffee’ in the UK, or ‘seafoam’ in California.
Its shape and texture come in a flat, round, and brittle disk – perfect with your morning whipped coffee!
Korean street vendors make Dalgona candy by stirring and melting sugar with added baking soda as a leavening agent. Once the sugary mixture foams and creates air bubbles, it then hardens and cools into a caramel-like whipped cream. This is what the Dalgona whipped coffee represents: the caramel-like candy!
Famous Koreans had the great idea of transforming this tasty sweet candy into a delectable whipped coffee drink. Another way to enjoy this style of drink is to try this delicious alternative take, TikTok whipped strawberry milk!
Why is my Dalgona whipped coffee recipe not fluffy or foamy?
If you’re not achieving the desired foam results you want, it can depend on a variety of factors. Make sure you’re adding the correct measurements by following the recipe.
Choose the right sized mixing bowl, as bigger sized bowls make it difficult to add air.
If you’re not getting a foamy mixture and exhausted all other options – generally it means you need more mixing to do. So put your back into it, because it ain’t going to whip itself!
Foam and fluff are created by adding air to your coffee mixture. Try adding more hot water to your mixture to add more air molecules.
Can I make Dalgona whipped coffee without sugar?
If you’re looking to cut down your sugar intake and are wondering how to make the TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe without sugar, you can! Though your sweet delight will be less sweet, keep in mind you will have less foam and fluff.
To make up for the lack of sweetness, here are the best sugar alternatives that still give you that sugary taste.
What’s amazing about these sugar alternatives is they are all plant-based with few to zero calories!
- Stevia – an extract from the Stevia Rebaudiana plant in South America. Stevia is a healthy plant-based sugar alternative that can be 350 times sweeter than regular sugar. One packet of stevia is packed with more nutrients than what regular sugar has.
- Monk fruit sweetener – another plant-based sugar alternative as a derivative from the monk fruit in Southeast Asia. If Stevia may be too sweet for your tastebuds, monk fruit sweetener is a more toned-down from 100-250 times sweeter than regular sugar.
- Coconut sugar – commonly known as a superfood, coconut sugar is a great sugar alternative to add if you like the taste of coconut. Not many are fans of the taste as it can be overpowering to some. But it’s a good sugar alternative, especially if you want to make your whipped coffee keto-friendly. Unlike stevia or monk fruit sweetener, coconut sugar does have a higher calorie count.
How to make keto whipped coffee or vegan whipped coffee
For the keto fans and vegan foodies – how to make the TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe is easy by adding alternative ingredients tailored to your dietary needs.
Best vegan non-dairy milk options to use for your whipped coffee recipe:
- Oat milk
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Coconut milk
- Hemp milk
Best keto sugar options to use for your whipped coffee recipe:
Other than the sugar alternatives listed above (stevia, monk fruit sweetener, and coconut sugar), you can also use the following keto-friendly sugars:
- Granulated erythritol
- Yacon syrup
Is whipped coffee supposed to be hot or cold?
You can enjoy your TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe drink at the temperature of your choice! Serve it as a cold refreshing drink on a hot summer day with ice.
Or serve it hot while cozied up next to the fireplace.
Again, if you like an iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks like me, you’ll love this drink chilled! Just don’t forget to drizzle that extra caramel!
Can I make Dalgona whipped coffee recipe ahead of time?
Sometimes you’ll be serving your irresistible drink to groups of people and parties, causing you to prep in advance. Don’t worry about your mixture losing its frothiness. I found this dalgona whipped coffee recipe able to retain its fluff for up to a good few hours.
You can make your fluffy drink ahead of time as long as you store it in an airtight container with a secure lid to prevent air from escaping. This is why I love mixing my whipped coffee mixtures into mason jars with lids!
If you do find your mixture becoming watery or losing its froth as time progresses, you will need to whip it up again.
BONUS tricks & tips on how to make Dalgona whipped coffee recipe
- For an extra chilled delight, you can freeze your dalgona whipped coffee recipe! Place your whipped coffee into an ice cube tray and enjoy the chilled ice cubes with some milk.
- Get creative by adding your whipped velvety mixture to your desserts. Because whipped foam is so light and holds well, it’s a nice addition as a topping. Try lathering your Oreo Mug Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Hot Cocoa!
- Use an electric handheld frother to speed the whipping process.
- Don’t be afraid to add more hot water if you find your frothing process isn’t working. This will add more air to the mixture.
- To prevent spills and messes in the kitchen, whisk your ingredients in a mason jar with an electric mixture or frother. Keeping your contents within the mason jar also allows easy storage if you make too much by sealing the jar tight with the lid.
More Super Fun And Easy TikTok Recipes
If you’re obsessed with TikTok 💃 like we are, you’re probably looking for more mouthwatering recipes! And there are more popular recipes other than the TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe. So if you’re looking for more fun and another delish delight, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some step-by-step amazing TikTok recipes that work to get in your kitchen and go from video to reality!
- Viral Cloud Bread – a viral yet super fun and easy TikTok recipe to make!
- Strawberry Ice box Cake – you could never go wrong eating America’s favorite cookie!
- 5 Minute Booty Dip – had a bad day? Eat your feelings away with a chocolate marshmallow dip ready in minutes.
- The Grey Stuff, It’s Delicious – If you can’t vacation to the happiest place on earth, try the Disney World Gray Stuff Copycat recipe.
We have no doubt you’ll enjoy the viral TikTok Whipped Coffee recipe at any time of the day and year. Let us know how yours came out or if you have any questions!
~Trisha & Char
Leave A Reply!