Southern Sweet Tea is great no matter what time of the year, but did you know you can take that same sweet tea recipe and turn it into a delightful, thirst quenching slushie? Your new favorite drink to serve at a summer party starts and ready for you to sip starts below:
The birth place of sweet tea goes back pretty far to the 1800s. Easily identifiable as a southern drink, everyone I know has their own special recipe for what works best for them. 2 parts sugar to one part tea or the total opposite, its so easy to make your drink peach, pink, strawberry, or in this case, a slushy.
Chances are you haven’t had it this way yet but the south has been enjoying since the dawn of time. And you will be surprised how easy it is to take this technique and use for any of your favorite drink options.
Southern Sweet Tea Slushy
Yields: 4 servings
Sweet Tea Slushy INGREDIENTS
- 6 cups sweet tea (homemade or store bought), divided
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- Lemon wheels or slices, to garnish
- Fresh strawberries, to garnish
TIP: If you do not know how to make sweet tea, you can usually find some pre-made in the cold aisle. I personally like Milo’s if you can find it. Its a flawless blend of tea.
Sweet Tea Slushie Recipe
Fill 2 ice cube trays with sweet tea and freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
If you do not know what an ice cube tray is or actually own one, you can pick one up here.
Fill a blender entirely up with the frozen sweet tea ice cubes.
Add lemon juice and the remaining sweet tea (about 2 cups) and blend for 30 seconds or until all of the ice is crushed.
How to make a Slushie
Now here is the fun part!
Place the sweet tea mixture in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get a real slushy consistency.
Stir and pour into your favorite mason jar glasses.
Garnish with lemon wheels, strawberries and your favorite straw.
(Psst, no one will tell if you throw in a shot of whiskey either)
ENJOY by the pool, the beach, or on your front porch gossiping* about the neighbors. (*kidding)
Ready to flip from day to night?
Try this Red Sangria Recipe, a perfect blend of fruits and alcohol for adults only.
Southern Sweet Tea Slushy Recipe is a perfect way to sip away the summer, this non-alcoholic sweet tea recipe is even better in slushie form
- 6 cups sweet tea homemade or store bought, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon about 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon wheels or slices to garnish
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- Fill 2 ice cube trays with sweet tea and freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Fill a blender with the frozen sweet tea ice cubes.
- Add the lemon juice and remaining sweet tea (about 2 cups) and blend for 30 seconds or until all of the ice is crushed.
- Place the sweet tea mixture in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get a real slushy consistency.
- Stir and pour into your favorite serving glasses. Garnish with lemon wheels and a strawberry.