This perfect recipe for Tropical Sorbet is a refreshing, smooth, and naturally sweetened dessert that can be made dairy-free.
Why you will love making TikTok Tropical Sorbet
Perfect for summer – Nothing says summer like a tropical pineapple mango sorbet! Thick and creamy, serving up this dessert recipe will incite a YAY from the whole crowd.
Guilt Free Snacking – With our kids home for the summer, they raid the pantry looking for treats. Stop the bleed of carb-loaded and fake sugar-filled food and instead give them something that they will love you and you can feel good about. Sorbets meet all your needs for a perfect at-home tropical oasis!
Where did this Mango Sorbet come from?
While the original Island Way Sorbet likely inspired homemade sorbet recipes, this delicious mango pineapple tropical sorbet came from a TikTok recipe video.
We have certainly seen a variety of creamy coconut sorbet and fruit puree options out there on social media, and this one was inspired by creator @chef_bai.
Our opinion on this Viral Island Way Copycat Recipe:
This has a good flavor. It’s not sweet, so if you want something sweeter, I’d add some honey or maple syrup.
Using your favorite fruits, this delicious treat will satisfy a sweet tooth while still providing a healthier option. I love the creamy texture of blending down this tasty treat and love making “nice” cream over ice cream.
- Frozen Fruits – We used frozen bananas, frozen mango pieces, and frozen pineapple chunks.
- Liquid – Please see our note below about coconut milk versus milk (or heavy whipping cream).
- fresh lime juice
- shredded coconut/flaked coconut, optional for garnish
- fresh mint, optional for garnish
How to make Copycat Island Sorbet like TikTok
- Add bananas, mangoes, pineapple, milk, and lime juice to a heavy-duty blender.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Scrap the sides down and blend for another minute.
- Spoon into a coconut bowl and top with shredded coconut and mint. Serve immediately or store in a freezer-safe container.
Nothing says tropical oasis this summer like serving a sorbet recipe in natural fruit shells. These coconut soul bowls were inexpensive and can be used all summer long poolside.
What kind of food processor or blender must be used?
The “blender” I used was a Ninja Foodi. I don’t think a typical blender would work, and I am not sure that a typical food processor would work. You need something that can dive into the frozen fruit and blend it.
There are new fancier machines like the Ninja Creami that also claim to do a solid job of tackling sorbet mixture.
- See the price and read more about the Ninja Creami Here
- See the price and read more about the Ninja Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker
Can coconut milk be substituted for regular milk?
I bought a can of coconut milk and didn’t bother to open it. I used regular milk, but the original tiktok recipe uses a coconut sorbet base.
Please note that if you open a can of coconut milk, it will be separated into coconut cream and milk. Simply spoon out the liquid for this recipe.
Overall, any liquid will do (including fruit juice), and that choice, depending on your flavor profile, will still produce a sweet treat perfect for your taste buds.
What other tropical fruits give tropical flavor to sorbet?
Other than mangoes, bananas, and pineapples, frozen strawberries, papayas, and kiwi are often used in sorbet.
Can fresh fruit over frozen fruit be used?
If you use raw fresh fruit, you will produce a smoothie, not sorbet.
Related Viral Desserts
- Did you know you can make an Oreo Bundt Cake Recipe with a package of Oreos??
- The original cuppa cake recipe from Steel Magnolias includes Fruit Cocktail!
- Stuffing a samosa with S’mores and Nutella is a fried viral dessert recipe that will light those taste buds up!
- No need to purchase storebought, homemade cosmic brownies are easy to make from home.
- Fancy restaurant’s favorite dessert, use ice cream to make creme brulee the easy way.