Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a perfect classic summer salad recipe with bold flavors and compliments almost every meal as a side dish. Perfect for large groups, this pasta salad folds in a variety of delicious veggies and tops with a creamy homemade ranch dressing that fully pairs with every delicious bite.
Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad
If you are looking for a traditional salad that packs a flavor punch, you cannot go wrong with bacon ranch pasta salad. This particular ranch pasta salad recipe is not only filling, but has everyone’s favorite flavors from crispy bacon to creamy ranch and shredded cheese.
And if you are looking for a no fuss, easy to make side salad, (provided your pasta is cooked) this is the perfect choice next to grilled up chicken and ribs.
(Plus- bonus with pasta salads is that they make great left overs and coming from me, someone that despises left overs, that is saying a lot!)
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Looking for the best bacon ranch pasta salad ever?? Look no further!
Skip the made in a box salads and opt for a fresh, delicious and fan favorite that is so easy to make! A little pasta boiling and cutting up some delicious ingredients like grape tomatoes and bacon make for a surprisingly filling salad.
Plus, like most cold pasta salads, a little extra protein to make it a full on dinner is so easy to do! Try adding some cold rotisserie chicken or grilling up some chicken breast, let cool, chop and top! Additionally, if you are running short on time, sliced up deli ham chunks or even turkey goes just fine for a more filling option.
Time to make this pasta salad is only about 20-30 minutes (because of boiling pasta) plus refrigeration time (best served cold)
- 1 package, 8 oz, rotini pasta
- Hellmann’s Mayo, 1 cup
- 1 packet, 1 oz, dry ranch dressing
- 10 slices, bacon, cooked and chopped
- pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3.8 oz can black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Can you use a different type of pasta in this salad?
But remember that while most pastas are made of the same ingredients, changing the type of pasta changes how the flavors soak up and the actual bite tastes.
If I were to change this pasta from Rotini to something else, it would be a small spiral pasta or large pasta shells.
All that said, I still love Rotini for this set of flavors- my tri colored pasta salad with Italian Dressing, so good and an excellent choice if you need more dishes.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
Let’s get started!
- Boil a large saucepan of water. Add pasta and cook until done, about 9-11 minutes, but refer to back of your pasta box for detailed instructions.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water.
- In a bowl, stir together cooked pasta, tomatoes, drained olives, cut up and cooked bacon, shredded cheese, ranch seasoning and mix again very well, so you make sure all the flavors go from top to bottom of the bowl.
- Now add in your mayo and mix really well.
- That’s it, SO EASY!!
- This pasta salad is best served cold, so put in fridge for 4 hours for best flavor, stirring well just before serving.
This is a fairly large salad, serving approximately 8-10 and makes a great party or picnic side dish salad.
Pasta Salad Recipes
Need a few more pasta salad recipes to go with this one?
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta Salad – Shrimp Pesto Pasta salad with creamy pesto dressing is a delicious gourmet side dish for holiday menus and potlucks, but is also a fantastic full sized dinner option with cheese tortellini and fresh bites of sautéed shrimp. You will LOVE this pasta salad and after one bite, will be sure to be a favorite!
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Tuna Pasta Salad is a great salad dish for potlucks and picnics! Ready to feed a crowd, this easy tuna pasta salad recipe tastes even better the next day and perfect cold next to a juicy burger.
- Vegetable Pasta Salad – This Vegetable Pasta Salad, a complete macaroni salad with crisp summer veggies, is a perfectly delicious side dish for your next picnic or party.
- BLT Pasta Salad – BLT Pasta Salad with mayo and ranch seasoning (making Ranch dressing) is the one salad that needs to make it to your BBQ picnics this year. With fresh tomatoes, crunchy bacon, and homemade ranch flavor, the only question you will have is why didn’t I make more!
- Mandarin Salad with Chicken – Mandarin chicken salad with tiny and sweet mandarin oranges and just the right amount of bow tie pasta, is a great spring salad full of flavor and textures. With a perfect delicious dressing and tiny slivers of almonds that bring an end crunch, you cannot go wrong with this salad at this years BBQ.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 394 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 642mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g