Prepare to be amazed by this simple, straightforward, and delicious Air Fried Eggplant.
Crispy, delightful, and perfectly seasoned, this easy-to-make side dish will win over everyone’s taste buds and effortlessly complement nearly any main course.
By cubing the eggplant and seasoning it with just a few pantry spices and a touch of olive oil, it undergoes a remarkable transformation in the air fryer. If you are an eggplant fan but get sick of the same old breaded parmesan, this recipe is for you!
Cubed Eggplant for the Win!
Leave behind any misconceptions you may have about its mushy texture and enjoy its enhanced flavor, light crunch, and tender interior.
In just 18 minutes, the air fryer eggplant emerges victorious, boasting an incredible texture and seriously enticing taste. It’s time to give this often underestimated vegetable the recognition it deserves!
Eggplants are summer vegetables. It is harvested and available from late spring to early October in summer, depending on the environment. Eggplants love warm weather and summer cuisines.
- Eggplant – implement below our recommendation for air fryer cutting.
- extra virgin olive oil
Recommended Eggplant Seasonings
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- Hungarian paprika (a slightly deeper and smoky flavor that we also use in charred corn)
- kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- fresh parsley
Learn how to cut eggplant for the Air Fryer.
Begin by selecting a medium-sized eggplant with smooth and unblemished skin. Rinse it thoroughly with water and pat it dry using a paper towel. Trim off the ends of the eggplant, providing a stable base for slicing and holding it securely.
Using a large chef’s knife, cut the eggplant slices lengthwise into thin, uniform slices about 1/2 inch thick. Apply gentle pressure to ensure the eggplant remains intact during the cutting process.
After completing the slicing step, use a paring knife to peel the skin off the eggplant. Stack the peeled slices and cut them into approximately 1/2-inch cubes, doing your best to keep them even for the best cooking.
Should you preheat Air Fryer before Cooking Eggplant Cubes?
How to Cook Air Fried Eggplant
- Place a paper towel on a large baking sheet and place eggplant onto the paper towel in a single layer. Generously salt. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Blot the top of the eggplant with another paper towel to soak up moisture.
- Discard paper towels.
- Add eggplant to a mixing bowl and stir in olive oil. Mix well.
- Top with spices and mix well to coat evenly.
- WE USE THE NINJA FOODI. THIS FUNCTION MAY VARY ON YOUR AIR FRYER BRAND. Using the Air Crisp function, set the Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add eggplant to the basket and heat for 18 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately, topped with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Discover Serving Suggestions
Air-fried eggplant shines as a simple side dish that pairs perfectly with meat and vegetarian mains, creating a satisfying and flavorsome meal.
When seeking a healthy snack, air-fried eggplant stands out on its own. Its low-carb and low-calorie nature can be enjoyed solo or paired with your favorite dip or condiment.
How to Store Leftover Eggplant
- Allow the cooked eggplant to cool completely at room temperature. Place the leftovers in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Seal the container tightly to prevent air exposure.
- Store the container in the refrigerator. Consume the leftover eggplant within 2-3 days for the best quality and taste.
Reheating the refrigerated leftovers in the air fryer or oven can help regain some crispiness before serving.
Experiment with Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
Are you searching for simple, delicious, air-fried side dishes to elevate your meals? Look no further! We’ve got you covered with a selection of easy-to-make air-fried recipes.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes: Enjoy a healthier twist on fried sweet potatoes with air fryer cooking. These potatoes are low in calories and fat due to minimal oil usage. No need to wait till Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole to get on this awesome veggie.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges: Crispy and flavorful potato wedges can be achieved with an air fryer. Their even and quick cooking method makes them a delicious alternative to traditional frying. Snacks, parties, or movie nights, there really is no wrong time to eat a potato.
Air Fryer Crispy Green Beans: Try air-fried crispy green beans for a nutritious and tasty alternative to fried green beans. The hot air circulation in the air fryer ensures even and quick cooking of the garlic and cayenne, making sure every bite is worth it.