Deliciously golden brown on top, these quick and easy air fryer biscuits produce the soft, fluffy biscuit center you count on and are ready in minutes.
Pillsbury Grands or even small biscuits can be whipped up in less time than it takes to bake American biscuits in the oven, making this recipe an overall winner for weeknight dinners or a biscuits and gravy breakfast.
Why you should make canned Grands Biscuits in the air fryer.
Ease: I love golden brown biscuits as a side dish. Unfortunately, biscuits are also the last thing you want to cook before a meal is done and typically need an oven. And since many dinner recipes also use the oven, the careful dance of timing in the kitchen is a real struggle.
Skip the longer 20-minute process of baking 7 up biscuits in the oven and instead use canned, pre-made dough. Learning how to make biscuits in an air fryer allows you to make those hot biscuits simultaneously with a dinner recipe!
No more cold dinner and no more cold biscuits, making this side dish one of my favorite air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Biscuits went Viral!
- Small Canned Biscuits: The first batch (shown) is the smaller biscuits. They were store brand, and the package said: Buttermilk Biscuits, 7.5 oz., ten biscuits. They cooked well in 4 minutes total.
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits in the Air Fryer: The second batch was Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits (16.3 oz.) in a 16.3 oz. tube with 8 larger biscuits. These also cooked fine in 5 minutes total.
Did the TikTok biscuits in the air fryer work?
We found that the method in the original TikTok Video (the process was actually in the comments) didn’t work as well as the video did.
In the end, you needed no piece of parchment paper, no flipping, and no 8–10 minutes, as the video suggested.
However, the air fryer is still faster than the oven, which can take between 10-15 minutes to cook (depending on the canned instructions and type of roll), so we recommend this method for a variety of biscuit sizes with a few cooking time adjustments as noted below in the final instructions.
- One tube of refrigerated biscuits
- nonstick cooking spray
Air Fryer Biscuits Recipe
Preheat the air fryer: Yes, for 5 minutes.
Cook Time: It depends on the biscuit size, especially if they are Grand Biscuits, but typically 4-5 minutes total.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 375°F using the air crisp function.
- Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a batch of biscuits in a single layer in the basket, ensuring the raw biscuits don’t touch.
- Use the Air Crisp setting at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes. See the note on the size of the biscuit for timing.
- Carefully open the air fryer and remove the biscuits from the air fryer basket. Serve each baked biscuit warm with melted butter and jelly or as a side dish to other baked breakfast recipes for the ultimate Sunday breakfast.
How to reheat Air Fryer Biscuits
Air Fryer Biscuits can be reheated in a microwave or thrown back into a preheated air fryer 350 for about 3 minutes.
How to store leftover Biscuits.
Saved food should always be sealed in an airtight container to avoid moisture and staleness.
I find that leftover rolls are not always the best the next day, but they can still be warmed up for a day or two before tossing.
Can you store open biscuit dough?
Typically, once the dough is popped and exposed to air, it will puff and rise, making it hard to store.
For this reason, we do not recommend opening the dough until you are ready to make the entire tube.
Do biscuits always spread?
No, not all biscuits spread.
Some rise up and some rise out. Like cookie dough, each perfect biscuit is formulated differently; therefore, results may vary.
Effortless Air Fryer Recipes to get the most out of the Machine!
- You haven’t lived until you have tried one of my air fryer cake recipes.
- Need some dinner to serve with rolls? Try this steak recipe.
- All it takes is 6 minutes for a perfect breakfast of jammy eggs.
- Soft, crisped onion petals are a great midday snack with all the benefits of onion that remind you of eating at Outback.
- Did you know you can grate eggs?
- Green Beans in the Air Fryer are a kid-approved side dish.
- This tiktok cinnamon roll trend is a great way to bring fluffy rolls to your kitchen.
Air Fryer Biscuits (TikTok Grands Method)
- air fryer as shown Ninja Foodi 6.5 quart
- Canned Biscuits
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 375 using the air crisp function.
- Spray basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a batch of biscuits in a single layer in the basket, ensuring the raw biscuits don't touch.
- Use the Air Crisp setting at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully open the air fryer and remove biscuits from the air fryer basket.
- Serve each baked biscuit warm with melted butter and jelly.
- Small Canned Biscuits: The first batch (shown) is the smaller biscuits. They were store brand, and the package said: Buttermilk Biscuits 7.5 oz, 10 biscuits. They cooked well in 4 minutes TOTAL
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits in Air Fryer: The second batch was Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits 16.3 oz tube, 8 larger biscuits. These also cooked fine in 5 minutes TOTAL.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.