Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Dip without Ranch, is a creamy and easy oven baked Buffalo Chicken dip recipe with Frank’s hot sauce, Cheddar, and Crumbled Blue Cheese!
Need a delicious dip that will just be gobbled up by the whole crew? This buffalo chicken dip with crumbled blue cheese and no ranch is a great dip option for parties of any kind!
Please see the bottom of this post for a printable and condensed version of this recipe post so you can easily follow along in your kitchen.
- cream cheese, softened
- red hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled blue cheese
- cayenne pepper
- fresh scallions
- celery and/or pita, or tortilla chips for serving
What kind of chicken is used for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Easy Chicken: Drained canned chicken works in a pinch
- Store Bought: Torn rotisserie chicken makes great buffalo chicken dip and you can pick up a rotisserie chicken quite easily from the store. Pre-made chickens give you a bit of homemade taste without the work. You can typical get one in the deli department of a grocery store.
- Prepped at home: Boiled chicken works great for chicken shreds or baked from the oven and diced down. Personally I think when it comes to dips that torn chickens work better over diced, but its more of a preference.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip WITHOUT Ranch
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, blue cheese and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Mix everything together really well.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until hot in the center and bubbly around the edges.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with celery and chips.
Can Buffalo Chicken Dip be made in the Crock Pot?
Absolutely! Everyone likes a hot dip and dips in the slow cooker stay warm and melty all day. Just make your dip the same way (cook the chicken first) assemble and place on low for 2-3 hours.
Add crumbled blue cheese about 10 minutes prior to serving.
Can Ranch be added?
Yep. Just split half hot sauce and half ranch dressing, like Hidden Valley. Using ranch provides a tamer, more creamy sauce. Additionally, you can buy a combined ranch hot sauce (like this one) in the condiment department that works well if you are looking for less spice.
What makes the best appetizer and finger food dippers for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- CHIPS: Nothing says love like homemade tortilla chips and since they don’t take too long to make up a whole slew of them, I go this route. You can also use bagel bites, torn pieces of french bread, garlic chips and pretzels.
- VEGGIES: For veggies, anything that can be made into a “stick” makes a great dipper – celery, carrots are the most popular.
Connect with Us!