Caprese Stuffed chicken with balsamic glaze has delicious tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and is a perfect chicken breast recipe that you can count on for a WOW dinner menu.
Nothing is more delicious and more accessible to make than this restaurant-quality chicken recipe, and with this dish being under 30 minutes, it’s a true winner.
Why you will love this Balsamic Caprese Chicken
One Pan Meal – Baked chicken recipes do not have to be complicated to taste delicious, and you will be surprised at how few ingredients you can use to create menu perfection.
Caprese Chicken with balsamic reduction is about the best way to eat dinner tonight. Everyone loves garlic, fresh basil, and tons of seasonings, and you will be surprised at how easy this dish is to create.
Weeknight Magic – Hot, melty, pan-seared Caprese stuffed chicken with balsamic reduction and garlic is one of the most satisfying meals you can make in a home kitchen.
The stuffed boneless skinless chicken comes to life when loaded with mozzarella rounds, fresh basil leaves, and sun-dried tomato pieces.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- fresh mozzarella cheese rounds
- Seasonings – fresh basil leaves, dried oregano, dried basil, minced garlic salt, and black pepper.
- balsamic vinegar
How to make Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Tuck 1/4 of the sundried tomatoes jar into the chicken breast pocket.
- Now add two mozzarella cheese rounds and fresh basil leaves inside.
- Add additional sun-dried tomatoes and season chicken with half of the oregano kosher salt, pepper, and dried basil on top.
- Close the pocket and tuck the chicken breast shut with toothpicks inserted at an angle. Repeat the entire process with the other chicken breast.
- Place stuffed chicken into an ovenproof skillet and heat on medium-high heat, about 3-5 minutes on each side, until sides are golden brown. Mix minced garlic and balsamic and pour over the tops of boneless chicken breasts.
- Place cast iron pan into the preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through at recommended temperature.
- Top juicy chicken with chopped fresh basil and an extra side of balsamic glaze for dipping.
As you can see in the chicken images, we used a very sharp knife to slice through the center of the chicken, taking care to only cut partially so the cheese, tomatoes, and basil do not come out the other side.
Just a reminder to remove toothpicks before serving!
Weight Watchers Nutritional Notes: 6 Points per serving for two servings IF using fat-free mozzarella cheese.
Meal Prep for Caprese Chicken: This is quick prep to put together, maybe 10 minutes. Adding stove top and baking time, this meal is under 30 minutes, making it fast. If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, you can transfer it to a baking dish or casserole dish after browning in the skillet.
Do not forget: Make sure to remove the toothpicks before serving!
We love lots of garlic and minced garlic (comes in a jar) works in a pinch.
But if you want to get this one truly garlicy, try our recipe for roasting garlic in the oven.
A slice of mozzarella is traditionally used in Caprese but feel free to experiment with other types of cheeses. Try smoked gouda, white cheddar, asiago, or Havarti cheese.
Sun-dried tomatoes are a particular flavor for many people, and some prefer fresh tomatoes. It’s easy to substitute cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes in this dish. Sun-dried tomatoes have a beautiful tart flavor and are delicious with chicken, so give it a shot!
When cooking more than one chicken breast (as most do), ensure that each piece you choose is as even as possible with the other piece.
If one chicken is super thick, it’s OK to pound it down slightly to be even. Just be careful not to over-flatten it, or it won’t cut properly to stuff.
According to Food safety practices, the chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How to make Balsamic Glaze for dipping.
Want a little extra dip?
What to serve with Caprese Stuffed Chicken?
We like to serve our chicken with crusty Italian or French bread and a green salad or Greek salad.
If you want to keep a Caprese-themed dinner and cannot get enough of tomatoes and mozzarella, try a traditional classic Caprese Salad recipe, Strawberry Caprese Salad or our brand new recipe for corn salad.
Related Chicken Breast Recipes
We know how hard it is to find a great weeknight meal to serve, so we have a few chicken dishes that fit the bill of great while being no fuss in the kitchen.
Keeping in the theme of easy and filling, we love casserole recipes. Try this Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole recipe or this simple Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe, which are incredibly popular on our site.
Viral foods take the cake when it comes to dinners in our house, so if you want to try some trends, try TikToks McDonalds Chicken Nuggets, Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken recipe, or look through the other viral dinner recipes here.
Connect with Us!