Dive into a no-egg delight with our hearty chicken hash brown casserole!
Featuring frozen hashbrowns, shredded cheese, and savory seasonings, this no-egg breakfast casserole is a family must-have, ideal for those bustling holiday mornings.
Why Breakfast Casserole Reigns Supreme All Holiday Season
Ease of Meal Prep: Breakfast casseroles, especially those with hashbrown potatoes, offer the convenience of prepping ahead, ensuring a stress-free holiday morning.
Wholesome: An entire dish with the goodness of potatoes, cheese, and chicken will satisfy everyone and become one of their favorite recipes.
Versatility: With the base of hashbrowns, you can customize the casserole to cater to different palates, making it a hit year-round.
Simple Chicken Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Frozen hash browns kept frozen
- cream of chicken soup
- French onion dip
- Seasonings: salt, paprika, garlic powder, dried parsley, and ground black pepper
- chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- Milk (***see notes on milk)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- French fried onions (the same you find in Green Bean Casserole)
***We have made this recipe with and without milk. The milk makes the mixture a little more “runny,” but it thickens up as it rests. If you omit the milk, you may need to add some while reheating leftovers.
How to Make Chicken Hash Brown Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease a 9×13 baking casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Combine shredded potatoes (frozen), cream of chicken condensed soup, French onion dip, seasonings, chicken, milk, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and spread evenly into the prepared greased baking dish.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and onions.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35–45 minutes or until the edges are bubbly, the center is hot, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Incorporating Hot Sauce or Other Spices
Spice up your casserole with hot sauce for an added kick. Pour it into the mix of French Onion Dip, stir, and then add in the second step.
- Sides: Complement this casserole with fresh fruit, creamy biscuits and gravy, or smooth grits for a well-rounded breakfast or complete meal.
- Cheese variations: Switch up the cheese topping in this delicious casserole by trying with Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, or a simple mild cheddar.
- Toppings: Enhance flavors with a sprinkle of green onions, trade out crispy onions for a crunchy layer of cornflakes, or top with some crispy bacon.
- Storage: Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Not just for breakfast: Do not discount this cheesy potato and chicken baked casserole as a perfect weeknight family dinner choice.
Making Ahead and Storing French Onion Hash Brown Casserole
This casserole recipe is perfect for planning ahead.
- Mix the ingredients as directed and place them in a baking dish without the cheese or onion toppings.
- Cover with plastic wrap to maintain freshness.
- Refrigerate for up to two days.
- When ready, add toppings and bake according to the recipe instructions.
More Amazingly Delicious Breakfast Casserole Ideas
Breakfast casserole recipes are the ultimate winter-weather dish. Filling, hearty, and delicious—there is no shortage of breakfast ideas here on Salty Side Dish.
Here is a small list of some of our very favorites that won’t let you down. Our extensive experience with breakfast recipes (coming second only to sides) have our readers coming back for more.
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrowns Casserole: This family-favorite dish brings the iconic restaurant’s flavor to your dining table.
- Sausage Hashbrown Casserole: The most iconic breakfast casserole, sausage hashbrown casserole, is the perfect potluck and family meal when you can’t decide.
- Ham and Potato Casserole: A savory delight combining the saltiness of ham with the crispiness of hashbrowns, this casserole is great for ham leftovers.
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole: A sweet twist to the traditional casserole, fresh blueberries burst with flavor in every bite. We do have other great v, but this one is hands down the most asked for.
- Cowboy Breakfast Casserole: For those mornings when you need a hearty, robust meal with a wild-west flair, this breakfast casserole is full of veggies and is comfort food at its best.
- Ultimate Sunday Breakfast Casserole: The perfect ingredients to make your Sunday mornings memorable.