Are you craving something sweet, creamy, and utterly irresistible? You’re in luck! Reese’s dip is not just a dessert—it’s a decadent experience that’s gone viral on TikTok for a good reason.
Perfect for those impromptu sweet cravings or wowing guests at your next gathering, this peanut butter cup cream cheese dip is a delicious twist on a classic no-bake cheesecake dip merged with the rich, nutty flavor of peanut butter.
Why This Dessert Dip Recipe is a Must-Make
Embracing the love for peanut butter desserts, this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip is the perfect treat for nearly every occasion.
Whether you’re looking for a satisfying school snack for the kids, a hit dessert for family gatherings, or simply a way to enjoy your favorite cookies with a twist, this family favorite dip is sure to deliver for anyone’s sweet tooth.
- Cream cheese
- Softened butter
- favorite classic peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped mini peanut butter cups
- Mini chocolate chips
How to make Viral Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Dip
- Combine for creaminess: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Peanut Butter Fusion: Introduce the peanut butter to the mix, followed by powdered sugar and vanilla, and continue to blend until the peanut butter mixture is smooth.
- The Fun Part—Mix-ins: Gently fold in mini peanut butter cups and chocolate chips, saving some extra peanut butter cups for the final topping.
- Serving and Storing: Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle the remaining candy and chocolate chips on top, and it’s ready to serve! If, by some miracle, there’s dip left over, it’ll hang out just fine in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you know that Reese’s has their own brand of peanut butter?
This would be great to keep on hand for this dip and make it truly an authentic Reeses Dip Recipe! SEE REES’S PEANUT BUTTER HERE.
Note: This dessert dip is moderately sweet at first taste. But once you add a dipper like a cookie or an apple to it, the sweetness is noticed. Be careful not to jump the gun and add extra sugar.
Create Your Signature Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip
Transforming this classic dip into something distinctly yours is a piece of cake—or, in this case, a scoop of dip!
- Peanut Butter Varieties: Venture beyond the creamy classic. Crunchy peanut butter adds texture, while almond or cashew butter can bring a new flavor profile to the mix.
- Sweeten It Your Way: Adjust the powdered sugar to your liking. A little less makes it more peanut-forward; a little more for those with a sweeter tooth.
- Flavor Twists: Swap out the vanilla extract for almond or maple extract.
- Mix-in Magic: Stir anything from crushed cookies to chopped nuts or cereal for a fun texture.
- Topping Tricks: Finish with a drizzle of homemade fudge sauce, caramel, or even a sprinkle of sea salt for a gourmet touch.
Remember, there are no rules in the dips world—only delicious experiments waiting to happen.
Preserving Reese’s Dip
Enjoying your dip to the fullest means storing it properly. Here’s your guide to keeping it as fresh as when you first made it:
- Airtight Is Right: Oxygen is the enemy of freshness. Seal your dip in an airtight container to keep it from absorbing fridge flavors.
- Chill Out: The refrigerator is the optimal spot for your dip, keeping it chilled and extending its life.
——> Our favorite airtight containers for leftovers can be found here.
- Time Frame: Ideally, enjoy your dip within three days for the best quality. Past that, it’s still safe to eat, but the quality may decline.
- Serving Suggestions: When you’re ready to indulge again, let the dip sit at room temperature for 10–15 minutes for easier scooping.
Sweet Treat Tips for Dessert Dip
- Texture Options: Peanut butter can significantly affect the dip’s texture. For a velvety smooth dip, use creamy peanut butter. If you prefer a bit of crunch and contrast, opt for a crunchy variety.
- Whipping the Base: To achieve a light and fluffy consistency, beat the cream cheese until it’s airy and smooth before adding other ingredients. This step is crucial for a dip that’s not too dense.
- Sweet Balance: Gradually add powdered sugar to taste. It’s easier to sweeten the dip than to correct oversweetening. Vanilla extract complements the sugar and should be mixed enough to enhance the dip’s flavor without overpowering it.
Choosing the Perfect Dippers
When it comes to what you can dunk into your Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip, the sky’s the limit! Here’s how to select a favorite dipper for this perfect party dip.
- Graham Crackers: A classic dipper, they add a honeyed crunch that pairs beautifully with the creamy richness of the dip. Animal crackers are also a great choice.
- Cookies: Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, nutter butter, vanilla wafers, or shortbread can be a delightful contrast to the dip’s smooth texture. Mini cookies work great!
Savory Meets Sweet:
- 🥨 Pretzels: Their saltiness contrasts perfectly with the sweet dip, creating a satisfying balance. (my personal favorite for a fluffy dessert dip)
- Salted Crackers: A buttery cracker with a hint of salt enhances the flavors in the peanut butter and chocolate.
Fresh and fruity:
- Apple Slices: The freshness and slight acidity of apples cut through the richness of the dip. Try with green apple slices, too! 🍎
- Banana Slices: Bananas and peanut butter are a time-honored combination; dipping them enhances this classic pairing.
- Strawberries: Their tartness and juiciness offer a refreshing bite that cleanses the palate between dips.
For the adventurous:
- Bacon Strips: If you’re feeling adventurous, the smoky flavor of bacon dipped into the sweet dip makes for an unexpected yet delicious choice.