Craving a crockpot meal that effortlessly combines flavor and convenience? This cheesy garlic parmesan chicken potato recipe is the answer you’ve been looking for!
With the classic combination of chicken, potatoes, garlic, and parmesan, every bite promises a burst of deliciousness.
A total game-changer, especially if you’re catering to a picky eater, this slow cooker chicken recipe will redefine the perfect busy weeknight meal.
Why Using a Slow Cooker Wins for Weeknight Meals
In today’s bustling world, coming home to a comforting meal without the hassle of last-minute cooking is nothing short of a blessing. Enter the slow cooker!
This handy kitchen appliance is your ticket to tasty dinners with amazing flavors. Its genius lies in its simplicity.
- Prepare your meal in the morning.
- Set the timer.
- Return to a house with a freshly cooked meal.
This slow cooker recipe is a must-try for those nights when you’re craving the comfort of chicken and potatoes.
Let’s dive into how you can whip up this cheesy garlic parmesan delight.
We tested this viral recipe from TikTok creator @cookinginthemidwest. Visit his page for more delicious inspiration!
- Russet potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2″ pieces.
- Olive oil
- Salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- Parmesan garlic wing sauce (also used in Slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken – no potatoes)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
Crock Pot Cook Time: 4-6 Hours on low
- Start by spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add your pre-cut potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Generously drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt, paprika, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of onion powder. Give it a good mix, making sure each potato is well-coated.
- In a separate bowl, season the raw chicken with the remaining onion powder and Italian seasoning.
- Place the seasoned chicken over the potatoes in the slow cooker and drizzle with garlic parmesan sauce.
- Secure the lid and set your cooker on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Once done and the chicken is cooked, and the potatoes are tender, give it a gentle stir. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and cover for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot and with a side dish for a complete meal.
Cooking Tip ——-> Cooking time generally depends on how small your chicken and potatoes are cut. Smaller pieces will cook much quicker than larger pieces.
It can also vary depending on the length and depth of your crockpot. A 6-quart one was used for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I experiment with other herbs? Absolutely! The beauty of cooking is in the experimentation. If you’re looking to switch up the Italian seasoning, here are some alternatives the entire family will love:
- Fresh Parsley: This herb lends any dish a vibrant, fresh flavor.
- Marjoram: Its sweet, lemony touch can add a floral taste to the creamy sauce.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: This can add spice for those who love a kick.
- Other often-used flavor alternatives include: rosemary sprigs, garlic cloves, fresh thyme, or fresh rosemary.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers are great for lunch the next day! Here’s how you can store them safely:
- Allow the dish to cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled meal to an airtight container, leaving some space at the top.
- Refrigerate immediately. Generally, these leftovers can stay fresh for 3–4 days.
- Pro tip: Label slow cooker meals with the date of storage—easy to write on a piece of tape and put on a container. Always inspect leftovers for any signs of spoilage before reheating.
Ideal Side Dishes with Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
Every delicious main course needs a delicious side dish or two. Choosing the perfect sides for a heavy entrée like cheesy garlic parmesan chicken potatoes enhances the meal.
Slow-cooker chicken recipes you must try
Crockpot Chicken and Rice – This slow-cooked chicken and rice meal is a comfort favorite. A one-pot miracle that satisfies and comforts
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole: This slow-cooked meal has everything but the tortilla. Enjoy delicious Mexican flavors that can be piled on rice or added to a shell. Perfection.