With its fresh vegetables and flavorful sweet corn, and creamy avocado chunks, summer corn salad is the perfect side dish salad to serve poolside.
Great for potlucks and BBQs, this festive corn avocado salad will be devoured!
The light combination of corn kernels off the cob, tomatoes, avocado, and fresh homemade vinaigrette has simple ingredients but seriously impacts your taste buds.
Why you will love making Avocado Corn Salad
Great Summer Salad – With summer back in full force, nothing more delicious than a great summer salad. This corn salad recipe is complementary to sitting by the pool, tailgating in the preseason, or enjoying a lovely get-together. Fresh seasonal vegetables, bright colors, and light flavors make this colorful side salad perfect for serving and enjoying in hot weather.
Easy to alter – Fresh salad recipes are so easy to adjust. Delicious additions to the ingredients include crunchy cooked bacon (this twisted bacon recipe is perfect), cooked shrimp (like we do in Mediterranean salad), or sliced cucumber. Or try topping with everything but the bagel seasoning.
Delicious and Fresh – While this dish could be made with thawed frozen corn (we don’t suggest canned corn for a salad), FRESH corn on the cob brings this salad recipe to another level.
Corn Salad Ingredients
- Fresh – Cobs of sweet corn, ripe avocados, grape tomatoes, and red onion.
- Dressing – Fresh cilantro leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt.
- Dried cranberries – Other choices include dried cherries or dried yellow raisins.
How to make Fresh Fiesta Corn Salad
- Place corn cobs in a pan of water, and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and carefully drain. Place cold water and ice in the pan to cool the corn.
- When ears of corn are cool, carefully slice off the cobs and place them into a bowl. You may want to break apart the corn into smaller corn kernel pieces with your hands before placing it in the bowl.
- Add avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cranberries, and cilantro to the bowl and mix well.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a smaller bowl, and whisk well.
- Pour into a large bowl and mix well to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered until ready to serve.
Easy Recipe Alterations
There are so many fresh flavors that can be brought into summer side dishes like this. Chopped bell pepper, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or chili powder, feta or goat cheese, or even chicken breast for a complete meal.
This fresh summer corn salad can also be served as a hearty dip recipe with corn chips or tortilla chips.
Make it Mexican corn salad – Add rinsed black beans and taco seasoning.
Prep the corn – It’s also easy to prep by using the pressure cooker corn on the cob method or grilling the corn for a charred and smokey flavor.
Related Summer Salad Recipes
- Need an excellent potluck summer salad? This Amish macaroni salad recipe and ambrosia salad recipe are perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Fresh shredded carrot salad with raisins is an ever-popular recipe that is welcome with a pulled pork sandwich.
- The most popular pea salad recipe online.
- Nothing is more sweet and savory than a seasonal strawberry Caprese salad recipe.
- Cold, creamy pesto bowtie salad is a unique but incredible potluck side dish.
- The best lunch salad recipe ever.
Fiesta Corn Salad
- 3 cobs corn on the cob stalk and silk removed
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup red onions sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ tps salt
- Place corn in a pan of water, and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and carefully drain. Place cold water and ice in the pan to cool the corn.
- When corn is cool, carefully slice off the cobs and place them into a bowl. You may want to break apart the corn into small pieces with your hands before placing in the bowl.
- Add ripe diced avocado, quartered tomatoes, sliced red onion, dried cranberries, and fresh cilantro to the bowl and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over veggies and mix well to evenly coat.
- Serve corn salad immediately or refrigerate, covered until ready to serve.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.