Mexican Ground Beef Casserole is a cheesy Mexican inspired full on filling meal that you cannot get enough of. Piled high beef, beans, and all the other taco flavors you love, every bite makes you forget you ever even thought about the word “diet.”
Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
This Mexican ground beef casserole, complete with delicious red beans, is so filling you wont NEED a second plate.
Trust me when I say that I love nothing more than Mexican recipes. I could eat Mexican inspired food every night of the week. Mexican casserole is a great baked meal that the entire family can pile around and just truly enjoy.
While this recipe is typically not a side dish, you could easily serve this up for an appetizer or pre-football meal.
- 1 bag, 13 oz, tortilla chips
- 1lb ground beef or ground sirloin
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can, 16 oz, red beans in chili sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 small can, sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions
Our family’s favorite tortilla chips are the cantina versions that are thin and crispy, but for this recipe do not use those. The thin chips will break down the minute you pile the beef and beans, so make sure you use thick tortillas for this casserole.
Side Note: This recipe is not carb free, but you could make it a bit more health friendly by skipping the chips if you want.
Easy Mexican Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chips in baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa and beans and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Want a more filling Mexican casserole? Feel free to add some drained corn at this stage!
- Remove from heat and spoon beef mixture over chips.
- Top with sour cream, olives, tomato and cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Serve topped with green onions.