Does Nacho casserole ever cross your mind when you’re craving something warm, cheesy, and downright satisfying?
This beef nacho casserole is an easy, cheesy, Mexican-inspired, and full-on filling. Loaded with beef, beans, and all those tasty taco flavors you know and love, you can forget the word “diet” and grab a fork. Let’s dive in!
Why You’ll Fall in Love with Beef Nacho Casserole.
Who doesn’t crave a warm, comfortable meal on weeknights? This beef nacho casserole, brimming with seasoned ground beef and flavorful chili beans, will satisfy your cravings and become a regular in your meal rotation.
One of the best things about this Mexican-inspired dish is its filling. You won’t even think about seconds once you have a plate piled high. It’s a whole meal packed with all the comforting flavors you adore in Mexican food.
Though primarily a main dish, you can serve this easy recipe as an appetizer or a pre-football meal. Imagine sitting down with family and friends with a bubbling pan of homemade nachos in the center of the table and digging in together.
If you are looking for a dinner casserole dish with flour tortillas, try this recipe for BEEF TORTILLA CASSEROLE instead.
- tortilla chips
- beef or ground sirloin
- red beans in chili sauce
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese or shredded pepper jack
- sliced green onions
Use Thick Tortilla chips. Thin chips may break down under the weight of the toppings, leaving you with a soggy mess. Opt for thick, sturdy tortilla chips that hold up to the delicious beef and bean mixture.
How to make Beef Nacho Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla chips in the baking pan and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until it’s no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa and beans, cooking for 5 minutes or until heated. If desired, you can add some drained corn at this stage.
- Spoon the beef mixture over the layer of chips in the baking pan.
- Top with sour cream, olives, chopped tomato, and a layer of pre-shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh toppings like sliced green onions, diced avocado, and lime wedges.
- Serve the nacho bake to your family and friends, and enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
What are some suggested toppings for the nacho casserole?
In addition to the delicious layers already in this beef nacho casserole, you can customize it further with some additional favorite nacho toppings.
Add chopped fresh cilantro.
Try adding black beans or refried beans to the mixture.
The red beans in chili sauce provide all the seasonings you need, but if you prefer to skip the pre-seasoned beans and instead use lean ground beef combined with taco seasoning, that is fine. This opens you up to using rinsed black beans over red beans.
Any tips and tricks for this nacho bake?
Certainly! Making the perfect nacho casserole doesn’t have to be challenging, but following these tips can make it even better:
- Season to Taste: While the salsa and beans add a lot of flavors, don’t hesitate to season your beef with salt, pepper, or even a touch of chili powder if you like a spicier dish.
- Serve Immediately: Nachos with ground beef is best enjoyed hot and fresh from the oven. Leftovers will not keep well.
- Customize Your Toppings: As mentioned earlier, add additional toppings according to your taste preferences. It’s incredibly easy to make baked nachos on your own, whether it’s extra heat with jalapeno pepper, extra cheese, or diced yellow onion in the meat mixture.
Five Easy Mexican-Inspired Recipes
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers: For those who love a touch of heat, this Jalapeno Poppers recipe is a perfect party appetizer.
TikTok Viral Queso Dip: Add a cheesy flair to your snack time with this Queso Dip recipe. It’s a comforting classic that’s gone viral for all the right reasons.
Enchilada Dip: Looking for a hearty dip with robust flavors? Serve it hot with tortilla chips, and you’ve got a hearty appetizer that’s a meal in itself.
Salsa Chicken: Chicken breasts are baked with salsa, cheese, and spices, creating a tender and juicy dish that pairs well with rice or tortillas.
TikTok Chicken Taquitos: Offering a fun twist on traditional tacos, this recipe features shredded chicken, cheese, and various spices rolled into corn tortillas.
Nacho Casserole (Easy, Cheesy!)
- 13 oz. tortilla chips thick and sturdy
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 16 oz. red beans in chili sauce do not drain
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can black olives any size can, drained of water
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the chips evenly in the prepared baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until it's fully browned and no longer pink.
- Add the salsa and beans to the skillet with the beef, and cook together for about 5 minutes or until everything is well heated.
- Remove the skillet from heat, and carefully spoon the beef mixture over the chips in the baking pan.
- Top the beef and chips with sour cream, olives, tomato, and cheese.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until everything is heated through and bubbly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and garnish with sliced green onions before serving. Enjoy your beef nacho casserole!
Alternative Extra Toppings
- Extra Salsa
- Diced Jalapenos
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Avocado
- A Squeeze of Lime
StorageBeef Nacho Casserole does not store well due to the tortilla chips. Unless you like soggy nachos, this is best served immediately when made.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.