Neiman Marcus dip is the 5-minute dip you need! It is smothered with bacon and cheese and ready to wrap your chips and veggies in a taste of deliciousness.
Typically a perfect appetizer, this Neiman Marcus dip often goes by the name Million Dollar Dip. Million dollar, 5 million dollars – doesn’t really matter the name, it’s certain to make your mouth water.
Why you will love this Neiman Marcus Dip
Easy to make and a huge party hit, this Neiman Marcus dip recipe makes approximately 2 cups of creamy dip.
If you are making appetizers or a tray for a football game, Thanksgiving pre-cursor or big New Years Eve party, make sure you pair this with other traditional dips like Taco and Spinach dip. Or you can serve brand new favorites like Deviled Eggs Dip and Flawless Queso and Enchilada Dip. Something sweeter?
Try Fruit Salsa!
Neiman Marcus Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese– leave on the counter to soften about 15 minutes prior to making dip for perfectly softened cream cheese that is easier to mix.
- Sour cream – We like this dip as the original says, with sour cream. But experience says that if you need a substitute, try unflavored Greek yogurt or full fat mayonnaise if short on time and ingredients.
- Finely shredded cheddar cheese – The sharpness of the Cheddar adds some zing to the dish. If you don’t have any on hand, feel free to substitute another hard cheese like Gruyere.
- Bacon– Bacon should be cooked and cut into small pieces. A short cut is to use premade microwave bacon.
- Green onions – These are there just because they look pretty, add a bit of crunchiness and have great flavor.
- Melba toast, crackers, tortilla chips or sliced veggies for serving
Million Dollar Dip
So why is it called Neiman Marcus dip? Helen Corbitt, who married into the Neiman Marcus family, created the original recipe. She made tons of amazing recipes that were served in the Neiman-Marcus (NM Cafe) restaurants.
And this dip recipe is so easy to make and also so easy to alter.
She was a genius!
How to make Neiman Marcus Dip
- To get started, make sure cream cheese has been softened. Cream cheese straight from the fridge is much harder to break down. Simply opening up the box and foil around cream cheese and laying on the kitchen counter at room temperature should be fine. Now add softened cream cheese and sour cream to a mixing bowl and beat well until smooth.
- Add shredded Cheddar Cheese to the bowl.
- Mix in cooked bacon. It’s fine to use fresh bacon (I make my bacon in the air fryer so its fresh and ready quickly), oven baked or even boxed microwave ready.
- Pour in sliced green onions. Mix all dip ingredients together well.
Refrigerate Neiman Marcus dip until ready to serve.
Top dip with additional chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions when serving.
What to serve with Neiman Marcus Dip
This is a really popular and traditional dip, so you can serve it with just about anything.
- Spread dip on a cracker
- homemade tortilla chips with corn tortillas
- bagel chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Just about anything!
How long does Neiman Marcus dip stay good in the fridge?
Honestly, this is such a delicious dip that it will probably be eaten up before you have a chance to store it for very long.
To store this 5-ingredient dip, put it in an airtight container. Plastic wrap could work if you wrap it tight enough. You need to keep the air out of it.
It will stay fresh for up to two weeks. After about a week the texture will change since the sour cream and cream cheese will soften the crunchiness of the bacon.
It really does taste the best right after you make it.
Is this a keto-friendly dip?
Yes, Nieman Marcus dip is keto-friendly. There aren’t any added sugars and dairy is naturally low in carbs.
When you eat it, just dip a low cab raw veggie like celery or cucumber into instead of crackers.
And always track your macros. Sour cream and cream cheese have higher levels of fat. If you are trying to consume less fat, it’s a good thing to keep in mind.
What other kinds of cheese can you use?
It is traditionally made with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese. But feel free to play around with other cheeses and see what you like best.
Other versions of this dip include using these cheeses:
- Pepper jack
Is this a spicy dip?
This is a really mild-flavored dip. It’s perfect for kids or anyone with sensitive taste buds. But it’s also really easy to increase the heat if you want.
Here are some ways you can make this dip spicier:
- Add chopped jalapenos
- Add a dash of hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle in red pepper flakes
- Garlic Dip
- Cheeseburger Dip
- Olive Feta Dip
- Chocolate Chip Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- Bean Dip
- Cucumber Dip
Connect with Us!