Cranberry fluff is a delightful dessert or side dish that combines the tartness of cranberries with the sweetness of pineapple and marshmallows; all enveloped in a creamy whipped topping.
In just five minutes, whip up this cranberry fluff salad for a splendid side or dessert option that marries the tang of seasonal fruits with the sweetness of marshmallows and the silkiness of Cool Whip.
Cranberry Fluff Salad Recipe
- Fresh cranberries (thaw if frozen)
- Pineapple tidbits (see note below if using crushed pineapple instead)
- granulated sugar
- mini marshmallows
- Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed.
How to make Cranberry Fluff Salad with Cool Whip
Prepare the pineapple.
- Begin by draining the can of pineapple tidbits.
- Press the lid into the can to squeeze out as much juice as possible, ensuring your cranberry fluff doesn’t become too watery.
- Set the drained pineapple aside.
Process the Cranberries: Place the thawed cranberries in a food processor and pulse for about 5 seconds.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again for another 5 seconds until the cranberries are finely chopped, ensuring a perfect blend of tartness in every spoonful.
Combine with Pineapple and Sugar: Add the drained pineapple tidbits and granulated sugar to the chopped cranberries in the food processor.
Pulse for an additional 10 seconds, scraping down the sides as needed, to combine all the ingredients well.
Fold in marshmallows and whipped topping. Transfer the cranberry-pineapple mixture to a mixing bowl.
Gently fold in the mini marshmallows and thawed whipped topping until well combined. This creates the fluffy, light texture that makes cranberry fluff so irresistible.
Chill and Serve: Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully and ensures the fluff is perfectly chilled and refreshing.
Important Kitchen Notes
Opting for canned, Crushed pineapple
Crushed pineapple is the traditional choice for cranberry fluff, providing a smooth, consistent texture throughout the dessert. Its fine pieces blend seamlessly with the other ingredients, contributing to the fluff’s overall creaminess.
- Draining is key. Whether using tidbits or crushed pineapple, draining is crucial. For crushed pineapple, press the lid into the can after opening it to squeeze out as much juice as possible. A well-drained pineapple ensures that your cranberry fluff remains light and fluffy, not soggy.
Can fluff desserts be made ahead?
Remember, like any dairy-based dessert, the key to maintaining the quality of cranberry fluff is keeping it cold until it’s time to serve.
- Airtight Container: Transfer the cranberry fluff to an airtight container. This helps to keep out moisture and other flavors from the fridge that could affect the taste and texture of your dessert.
- Chill Time: Cranberry fluff is best enjoyed when it’s cold. It can typically be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Serving: Before serving, you might want to gently stir the cranberry fluff to refresh its texture, especially if it has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days.
Cranberry Fluff Salad with Cool Whip
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries if using frozen, ensure they are thawed
- 20 oz. pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz. Cool Whip whipped topping (make sure it's thawed)
- Prepare the Pineapple: Begin by opening the can of pineapple tidbits. Carefully press the lid into the can to squeeze out as much juice as possible. Discard the lid and set the well-drained pineapple aside.
- Chop the Cranberries: Place the cranberries in a food processor. Pulse for about 5 seconds, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Pulse again for another 5 seconds or until the cranberries are coarsely chopped.
- Mix Fruits with Sugar: Add the drained pineapple tidbits and the granulated sugar to the chopped cranberries in the food processor. Process the mixture for about 10 seconds, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed to ensure everything is well combined.
- Combine with Marshmallows and Whipped Topping: Transfer the cranberry-pineapple mixture to a large mixing bowl. Fold in the mini marshmallows and whipped topping until the mixture is uniform.
- Chill Before Serving: Spoon the cranberry marshmallow salad into a serving bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad until it's chilled and you're ready to serve.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.