This fresh diced green beans recipe with garlic takes on a new life with this viral recipe trend.
Awesome technique provides a colorful, delicious, and easy-to-chew sauteed green beans side dish that is quick and easy. So move aside roasted or steamed greens because this dish perfectly pairs with just about any menu and is viral for a reason!
Why you will love this Green Bean Side Dish.
Under 10 minutes – Sauteed green beans are great for a quick side dish recipe alongside main dish meals. For the last 10 minutes of meal prep, throw on the skillet and let them sit side by side on the plate!
Super Fun – I know it’s hard to call green vegetables “fun,” but dicing green beans over long strings is fun. Your kids will enjoy the new look, and the texture completely changes the consumption.
Would we make these TikTok Green Beans again?
This original idea for a diced green bean recipe came from this awesome TikTok Video by creator @charlottefashionplate. See her whole video below:
And yes, we will be doing this technique in other future recipe ideas!
- Fresh green beans – as always, wash and drain beans of excess water!
- minced garlic
- diced onion & diced mild bell peppers (I combined red, yellow, and orange)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
How to make Sauteed Diced Green Beans
- Dice green beans into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, and onions to a skillet and heat over medium heat, frequently stirring until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and peppers to the hot skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until green beans are done to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Expert Tips & Variations
Because these green beans are diced and look different than a regular string bean, you may be able to fool picky eaters into eating this as a perfect side dish with fewer complaints.
Extra Flavor– It’s OK to get creative with flavor variations as this is more of a technique in cutting. Try beans with garlic, fresh lemon juice, onion powder, light soy sauce, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, or garlic cloves for more flavor ideas.
Topping: Optionally add bacon bits or a bit of pine nut to this dish!
Related Viral Recipes
- Salty Side Dish is a constant source of viral recipes!
- TikTok Chinese Cucumber Salad is a spiralized version with bold Asian Flavors.
- Rice Krispie treats for one in a bowl.
- Ramen noodles are always the best! Try this TikTok Garlic Sesame Noodles recipe made with ramen.
- TikTok Sweet Cornbread pairs great with New Year’s Eve Black Eyed Peas.