Easy White Chicken Chili, with delicious northern beans, chicken, and many great seasonings, is a simple creamy white chicken chili with sour cream. This one is great if you want an easy white chicken chili recipe!
This is an easy white chicken chili that takes almost no time to prepare.
I think one of the best things about white chicken chili is that it’s easily adaptable. It can be made in one pot on the stove, cooked all day in a crock pot, or even cut that time in a pressure cooker.
No matter how you cook this classic chili recipe, you can look forward to a full belly and a great dinner. Let’s get cooking!
Delicious Chicken Chili with Great Northern Beans: A Recipe You’ll Love
If you’re looking for a flavorful and comforting meal, look no further than this chicken chili with Great Northern beans. It is an excellent base, allowing you to adapt it according to your taste preferences.
- Versatility: This chicken chili recipe is highly adaptable, meaning you can customize it to suit your unique palate. Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients and seasonings to create the perfect flavor profile for your home.
- Hearty and satisfying: With tender chunks of chicken and the wholesome goodness of Great Northern beans, this chili is both hearty and satisfying.
- Easy to make: This recipe is designed to be approachable and user-friendly. You won’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to whip up a delicious pot of chicken chili. It’s a straightforward and convenient option for a tasty homemade meal.
- Comforting and flavorful: The combination of chicken, beans, and aromatic spices creates a savory dish that will warm your soul, cold night or not.
- vegetable cooking oil
- chicken breast, cubed (uncooked)
- minced garlic
- great northern beans, un-drained
- diced green chilies
- chicken broth
- seasonings – salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
- sour cream
- heavy whipping cream
Recipe Notes: Some people prefer shredded chicken in chili. Unfortunately, shredded chicken takes extra time, so if you want to have it, you must either boil it, crockpot it or buy a pre-made rotisserie chicken from the store.
How to make White Chicken Chili with Northern Beans.
- Add cooking oil, bite-sized chicken pieces, and minced garlic to a large pot.
- Heat chicken on medium until all the chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in un-drained white beans, a can of green chilies, chicken broth, and all the recipe seasonings.
- Heat the white chili on high heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour and heavy cream at the end and whisk in gently. This makes for such a flavorful blend at the end.
- Serve white chicken chili with favorite toppings like Monterey Jack cheese, hot sauce, cilantro, avocado, black olives, and crunchy tortilla chips!
Chicken Chili Optional Toppings
Consider serving your chicken chili with some toppings to take it to the next level.
One popular option is to pair it with crunchy tortilla chips or corn chips, perfect for scooping up the flavorful goodness or crunching on top.
Another fantastic topping idea is a dollop of creamy sour cream, or, for a touch of richness and creaminess, remember to include some cut-up avocados as well.
These mouthwatering toppings enhance the taste and texture of your chicken chili and provide a delightful contrast of flavors.
Other toppings that appeal to taste buds are shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, green onions, or even fresh lime juice.
The possibilities are endless, allowing you to customize your bowl of chicken chili just the way you like it!
Chili Ingredient Variations
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- Chicken chili often looks bland, and a drained can of fire-roasted (or regular) corn looks and tastes great in this recipe.
How to make Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
You can easily translate this chicken chili recipe into slow cooking by adding all ingredients to a crock pot and cooking on low for 8 hours.
Before serving, shred the chicken and add a little extra broth if you prefer a little less thick (some will boil off during the cooking process). You never want to over-add liquid initially, as it’s hard to take out but easy to add in.
Dirty Keto Chicken Chili
I get a lot of questions about recipes and if they are adaptable to Keto or Low Carb Diets.
Chicken Chili (and all chili) is complicated to adapt due to beans. See below for my thoughts on whether this is a safe keto chicken chili.
What is Dirty Keto?
There are two schools of thought regarding Keto Dieting (low-carb dieting).
One of your carbs needs to come from specific whole foods (clean keto), and the other is that it doesn’t matter where your carbs come from as long as they are regulated (which is how people justify fast food on a keto diet).
Beans are one of those foods you must be cautious with as they can be high in carbs, and chili can be challenging to measure in consumption.
Can You Include Northern Beans in Your Keto Diet?
Regarding the ketogenic (keto) diet, the carb content of beans can be a concern. While beans, including northern beans, are generally high in carbs, they are also packed with fiber, which benefits your overall health.
It’s important to note that numerous lifestyle and food restriction diets exist, each with its own set of guidelines.
Personalizing your meal plan according to your specific dietary requirements is best. You can experiment with ingredient choices and adjust portion sizes to fit your needs.
This way, you can maintain a balanced diet that aligns with your goals while enjoying the foods you love in moderation.
It’s always a good idea to consult a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance.
Can you eat chili on a low-carb diet?
Many chicken chili recipes are fully keto in nature, do not use beans, and thicken the broth with cream cheese and whipping creams.
I am still working on a great low-carb chicken chili recipe that makes it feel like chili, not just soup.
Why You’ll Adore Trying Various Chili Recipes!
Chili recipes are incredibly versatile and can be customized to suit your preferences. You can easily swap out different types of beans and experiment with various ingredients and seasonings.
The best part is that you can personalize your chili by adding fun toppings, ensuring everyone gets a unique bowl tailored to their taste.
Plus, it reheats the following day wonderfully, making it a convenient option for leftovers.
Our favorite chili recipes are in this Ninja Foodi white chicken chili, this extra flavor Mexican chili, Wendys Copycat chili, or even this black bean quinoa chili. Just a little bit of everything for everyone!