Mexican chicken chili is a hearty, flavorful and delicious Mexican chili that breaks up Taco Tuesday with all the spices you love. Perfect for a crowd or just to curl up on the couch with your favorite movie, this is an OH SO GOOD chili that will be on your monthly rotation.
Why you will love Mexican Chicken Chili
Family Friendly: For us, Mexican night could be every night. My kids are major picky (uggggggggg) and somehow with tons of patience, have gotten them to love cumin, garlic, and onions. That means that this Mexican Chicken Chili soup is one of the rare things I can get them to eat without complaining.
Variations are easy: What I love about this Mexican Chili is that you can easily alter out your chicken with ground beef (or even pulled pork if you have some left over) and you can add and take away ingredients to taste with almost no real affect. Plus it tastes great with a side of dipping tortilla chips (or if you are feeling randy, baked chicken taquitos)!
RELATED: Mexican Lime Soup (with chicken) which is such a light and delicious weeknight recipe.
- cooking oil
- chicken breast, cut into cubes
- chili powder
- dry minced onion
- minced garlic
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- chicken broth
- chili beans
- diced tomatoes
- condensed tomato soup
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional for serving
If you want your Mexican chicken chili spicier, you can add 1-2 tablespoons more of chili powder and or 1 can of 4oz diced green chilies. Or simply dump in some spicy hot salsa.
How to make Mexican Chicken Chili
- In a large stockpot, add oil and chicken. Heat on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add all spices spices, which include chili powder, minced onions, minced garlic, salt, dried parsley, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Dump in full jar of salsa. You can make this any level of heat you would like.
- Drain can of whole corn and add to the stock pot.
- Add can of red chili bean and 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Heat chicken chili on medium high heat until it just begins to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Continue to heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve Mexican chicken Chili topped with chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and chopped avocado and serve with homemade tortilla chips.
How to Slow Cook Chili in Crock Pot
Precook your chicken and put all your ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours, adding a bit of chicken stock if too much liquid cooks off.
Need some more Mexican recipe ideas?
- Layered Burrito Pie Recipe
- Spicy Doritos Pie Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- Wonton Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans Recipe
- Mexican Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
- Sour Cream Enchiladas Recipe
- Enchilada Dip Recipe
- Cowboy Caviar Appetizer Dip Recipe
Connect with Us!