Ensalada Caprese is a traditional Caprese salad with a unique twist. Sliced pear makes every bite the BEST and combines the perfect sweet with the savory of the balasmic!
No matter whether you are making a Caprese Salad tray for one (I do!) or serving up to an impressed whole crowd in just minutes, you cannot go wrong when you choose this as your next appetizer, lunch, or side dish recipe.
Ensalada caprese is a perfect tomato mozzarella caprese appetizer plate for one – or for a party.
The plate below is meant just for one or two, but you can double, triple, or make for 60 people if you prefer.
And because this Caprese recipe is done in under 5 minutes, its also one of the quicker ways to go from unprepared to majorly prepared and still look like you knew what you were doing.
This is also a no baking, no cooking appetizer or salad side dish and just requires some great knives and a little time.
Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Plate
Easily made and done in minutes, the only “cooking” involved is the balsamic reduction, which is a choice to make fresh, and takes less than 10 minutes.
You can also purchase a full done balsamic vinaigrette, dressing, or vinegar in a bottle and it works in a pinch.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- mozzarella cheese rounds
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- dry oregano
- Kosher Salt and pepper
- Balsamic Reduction or Balsamic Vinegar
Tip: Pears not your thing? This salad also tastes delicious with sliced up strawberries!
Meal Prep for Ensalada Caprese
- This is a small platter. You can easily double or triple the ingredients. I bought my cheese pre-sliced.
- The Balsamic reduction takes the longest and then you just assemble the ingredients after slicing the fruits.
- Need more than just a little? Double or triple the recipe for a whole tray!
How to make Ensalada Caprese
After you are done making your sweet glaze, it’s so easy to create a beautiful tray!
Layer fresh tomatoes, pear slices, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves on a platter – or like we did in the video, chop up the basil leaves the sprinkle on top.
Repeat these steps until you have filled the plate or large platter.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with oregano, salt and black pepper.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
This appetizer will quickly become your favorite salad to eat!!
Try Caprese Skewers Instead!
Caprese skewers with balsamic drizzle is a perfect appetizer for a crowd. Delicious mozzarella cheese and multi-colored tomatoes make it not only gorgeous but taste sweet and tart at the same time. A total party favorite. assembling Caprese skewers has never been easier and this appetizer recipe can be made in mere minutes!
Cheese and tomatoes work perfect on their own, but if you want to get creative and add more ingredients to your recipe, here are some of my favorite suggestions to mix it up.
- MEATS: Prosciutto, Salami, Sliced Chicken
- VEGETABLES: Olives, Green Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Cooked Garlic Mushrooms, Avocado
- HERBS: Fresh Basil Leaves
- MISC: Cooked Cheese Filled Tortellini, Croutons
- FRUITS: Sweet Melons, Pears, Thinly Sliced Apples, Sliced Strawberries
Looking for more Caprese Recipes?
You are in the right place if you are a cheese, basil and tomatoes person.
Enjoying Caprese is something I do weekly so I always have awesome ideas on how to make this dish work for every part of my day.
Try out my favorite ways to Caprese:
- Caprese Salsa Eat your Caprese on a Chip!
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad Traditional caprese salad with mozzarella balls and a honey drizzle
- Tomato Mozzarella Lady Bugs Dial up the cute with mini lady bugs so good you can EAT them!
- Caprese Pizza Tonight’s dinner calls for homemade caprese pizza, a cheesy, basil and tomato filled dinner.
- Caprese Sandwich Sliders Nothing says the big game like individual sliders!
I also really love making this Caprese Pizza so if you are just not done with your fill today, make sure you pad your menu tonight!
Ensalada Caprese with Sliced Pear
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 bartlett pear cut and sliced
- sliced mozzarella cheese rounds
- fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- Slice tomatoes and pears.
- Layer tomatoes, pear, cheese and fresh basil leaf on a platter. Or like we did in the video, chop up the basil leaves the sprinkle on top.
- Repeat layering until you have filled the plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with (optional) oregano, salt and plenty of cracked pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.