When this TikTok Nashville Hot Air Fried Cauliflower Bites video went viral, we could not wait to test out this recipe and see if it stood up to its hype.
And Viral Recipes opinion? These fresh bits of cauliflower covered in seasoned flour and then smothered in hot sauce are the best thing to ever happen to an Air Fryer.
Why you should try TikTok Nashville Buffalo Bites
Bring some Spice to your Kitchen – If garlic pepper, chili powder, and cayenne are not enough, these bites are also dipped and dredged in hot sauce. The spicy level is up to you, but we love the taste of Franks RedHot Sauce or Franks Redhot Buffalo N’ Ranch.
Unique side dish or appetizer – Move over typical side dishes or same old appetizers – make something different and delicious in about 20 minutes that will have your crew saying WOW.
Viral Recipe – As always, we love trying what you love! This viral recipe had nearly 100K loves on it, making it a recipe worth bringing into your kitchen. And if you love hot and spicy, make sure to try the Nashville Hot Chicken Tenders recipe and the bang bang chicken breast recipe too! This recipe was originally shared by TracesOats.We loved it so much we wanted to test it and share with you!
- Fresh cauliflower – We typically purchase a head of cauliflower and bread down into cauliflower pieces; however, you can also buy pre-cut cauliflower. It just tends to be more expensive.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour helps coat and sticks to the cauliflower well.
- Seasonings and spices: The best spices to use are garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Hot sauce – Use your favorite spicy sauce – you probably have one you often use on chicken wings, which would work well for this recipe. The flavor profile will depend on what simple ingredient you put here – so try light heat, medium heat, or even something super strong!
Nashville Hot Sauce Ingredients
- Hot Sauce – In addition to the regular ingredients, to make a homemade buffalo sauce to pour on the air fryer cauliflower, you will need more hot sauce.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar is a fantastic sweet way to turn the high heat buffalo cauliflower into sweet heat.
How to make Crispy Hot Cauliflower Bites from TikTok
- Preheat air fryer on air crisp function for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add water and 1/4 cup hot sauce and mix well. Add cauliflower and swirl well to coat.
- Grease the air fryer basket with a thin layer of vegetable oil (not olive oil) or cooking spray. Place a single layer of battered cauliflower into the air fryer and heat on the air crisp function for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 cup hot sauce and two tablespoons of brown sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Dredge cooked cauliflower in mixture to evenly coat.
- Serve Nashville Cauliflower Bites immediately.
What size should cauliflower be?
Use an entire cauliflower head and break it into sizeable individual cauliflower florets. No need to go itty bitty bite-sized. This recipe is for a big, chunky, and spicy bite! Some people even refer to Air Fryer Nashville Hot cauliflower as cauliflower “wings” – a non-meat vegetarian substitute for traditional spicy football food.
Can frozen cauliflower be used?
This recipe does not test using frozen cauliflower; however, these are my thoughts. The Tiktok version includes raw and uncooked cauliflower that softens in the air fryer. If using frozen cauliflower, it’s typically cooked through.
Any cauliflower would need to be defrosted and drained of moisture, battered, and then cooked. While it would likely have a positive outcome, the cooking times would be WAY different and need to be monitored. Frozen cauliflower may be better for deep frying as you can flash fry the coated cauliflower and pull quickly.
How many cups of cauliflower are in a typical head?
On average, about 4 cups of cauliflower.
Sauces that Complement this Recipe
If preferred, instead of dredging air-fried cauliflower in a sweet hot sauce mixture, instead try blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or your favorite sauce of choice.
Related TikTok Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fried Onions with lightly golden brown and crispy edges are a quick snack.
- TikTok Air Fried Pita Bread is the snack you can’t put back!
- Skillet fry melty brie cheese and with fresh blueberries, so decadent.
- This Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe for a quick and tender steak that is FULL of flavor.
Leave A Reply!