Feta cheese recipes make some of the most robust and mouthwatering dishes ever. Unlike Baked Feta Pasta, this Feta Cheese Dip with tomatoes includes no additional proteins or carbs and is the perfect feta appetizer to serve up with thick crackers.
Easily made with crumbling feta cheese or a large feta block, this cheese dip is bursting with tomatoes and is complementary and filling for a party or fancy meal alike.
These rich and deep Greek flavors are unlike lighter dip recipes like Cucumber Dip. Super filling, feta dip contains fresh savory ingredients for a unique cheesy dip.
Feta Dip Ingredients
Before making Feta Cheese Dip, here are the ingredients to have on hand. Once you have verified all ingredients, head to the full instructions and printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
- 1 block, 16 oz. block feta cheese: As stated, this feta cheese dip is super feta-y. This dip can also be made with an 8-ounce block if preferred, or crumbled feta cheese.
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes; cherry tomatoes can also be substituted if need be, with the main difference being shape and size.
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- fresh basil – One of the best parts of Mediterranean-style cuisine is FRESH ingredients. Try not to substitute dried basil instead of fresh; it’s not the same.
- Melba toast: Melba toast is a great dip for cheese dips like this, but other ideas to dip are bagel chips, pretzels, pita bread, French bread, slices of colored peppers, pasta chips, and even Tortilla Chips.
How to make Feta Cheese Dip
Preheat oven to 400 and add feta cheese and grape tomatoes to a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish.
Drizzle top of feta cheese and tomatoes with minced garlic and olive oil.
Season the entire dip dish with salt and pepper and top with 1/3 cup of sliced fresh basil.
Bake the feta and tomatoes for 30 minutes.
Remove the casserole dish from the oven and stir grape tomatoes and cheese together into a dip.
Grape Tomatoes should pop open.
However, if they don’t, give them a little poke with a knife or flatten the tomatoes with the back of the spoon.
Mix all feta cheese dip ingredients well until creamy and smooth.
Sprinkle top with additional fresh basil before serving with melba toast or chunks of French bread.
Can crumbled Feta Cheese be used over a Block?
There are quite a few variations that work well for this cheese dip. If you cannot get a block of feta cheese, crumbled feta cheese works just fine.
Ways to Serve up Baked Feta Cheese Dip
You will find that this cheese dip is super rich, and you may have some left over.
- Add Cooked Pasta: Add some cooked pasta to the dish and warm it up. Try bowtie or spiral pasta for a filling meal.
- Keep it Vegetarian: Want to skip carb-loaded pasta? Keep it vegetarian by adding spiralized vegetables like zucchini or squash.
- Proteins for Dinner: Cut through this rich cheese with some baked or shredded chicken.
More Cheese Dip Recipes
There really is never enough cheese, so if you need more cheese dip recipes to serve up to a willing and hungry party, try one of the following!
- This Caprese Dip with melty Mozzarella Cheese is an oven-baked recipe perfect for fresh tortilla chips.
- Easily made in the crock pot, Cheeseburger dip stays warm all day.
- This chili cheese dip can be ready in mere minutes for a quick lunch or appetizer!