Feta cheese recipes make some of the most robust and mouthwatering dishes ever. Unlike Baked Feta Pasta, this Feta Cheese Dip with tomatoes includes no additional proteins or carbs and is a perfect feta appetizer to serve up with thick crackers.
Easily made with crumbling feta cheese or a large feta block, this cheese dip is bursting with tomatoes and is complementary and filling for a party or fancy meal alike.
These rich and deep Greek flavors are unlike lighter dip recipes like Cucumber Dip. Super filling, feta dip contains fresh savory ingredients for a unique cheesy dip.
Feta Dip Ingredients
Before getting started on making Feta Cheese Dip, here are the ingredients to have on hand. Once verified all ingredients, head to the full instructions and printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
- 1 block, 16 oz. block feta cheese – As stated, this feta cheese dip is super feta-y. This dip can also be made with an 8oz block if preferred or crumbled feta cheese.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes can also be substituted if need be, with the main difference being shape and size.
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- fresh basil – One of the best part of Mediterranean style cuisines is FRESH ingredients. Try not to substitute dried basil in place of fresh, its just not the same.
- melba toast – Melba toast is a great dipper for cheese dips like this, but other ideas to dip are bagel chips, pretzels, pita bread, French bread, slices of colored peppers and even Tortilla Chips.
How to make Feta Cheese Dip
Preheat oven to 400 and add feta cheese and grape tomatoes in a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
Drizzle top of feta cheese and tomatoes with minced garlic and olive oil.
Season entire dip dish with salt and pepper and top with 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil.
Bake feta and tomatoes for 30 minutes.
Remove casserole dish from oven and stir grape tomatoes and cheese together into a dip.
Grape Tomatoes should pop open.
However, if they don’t, give them a little poke with a knife or flatten the tomatoes with the back of the spoon.
Mix all feta cheese dip ingredients well until creamy and smooth.
Sprinkle top with additional fresh basil before serving with melba toast or chunks of French bread.
Can crumbled Feta Cheese be used over a Block?
There are quite a few variations that work well for this cheese dip. If you are unable to get a block of feta cheese, crumbled feta cheese works just fine.
Ways to Serve up Baked Feta Cheese Dip
You will find that this cheese dip is super rich and you may have some left over.
- Add Cooked Pasta – Add some cooked pasta right to the dish and warm up. Try bowtie or spiral pastas for a filling meal.
- Keep it Vegetarian – Want to skip carb loaded pastas? Keep it vegetarian by adding spiralized vegetables like zucchini or squash.
- Proteins for Dinner – cut through this rich cheese with some baked or shredded chicken.
More Cheese Dip Recipes
There really is never enough cheese, so if you need more cheese dip recipes to serve up to a willing and hungry party, try one of the following!
- This Caprese Dip with melty mozzarella cheese is an oven baked recipe that is perfect for fresh tortilla chips.
- Easily made in the crock pot, Cheeseburger dip stays warm all day.
- A quick lunch or appetizer, this chili cheese dip can be ready in mere minutes!
Feta Cheese Dip Ingredients
- 1 block, 16 oz. feta cheese
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- melba toast
- bagel chips
- pita bread pieces
- French bread pieces
- sliced vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add block of feta cheese and grape tomatoes to a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Drizzle top of cheese and tomatoes with minced garlic and olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Top dish with 1/3 cup freshly sliced basil.
- Bake dip for 30 minutes.
- Remove Feta Cheese Dip from oven and stir. Tomatoes should pop open, however, if they don't, give them a little poke with a knife or flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle Feta Dip with more fresh basil before serving with melba toast, bagel chips, or pita bread pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.