A stunning and elegant appetizer, this tomato feta dip recipe is perfect for a party. The bold flavors of this simple appetizer keep this dip interesting, and the salty feta cheese goes with so many dippers from a charcuterie board.
And do not let the easy ingredients fool you.
The roasted tomatoes and block of feta produce one of the most delicious appetizer recipe ideas ever!
Why you should make Cherry Tomato Feta Dip
A reason to enjoy unique cheeses – There are never enough recipes that include fresh feta cheese! The boost of flavor from this Greek favorite is outstanding and makes not only a unique but upscale appetizer recipe.
Party Food – With the summer coming in full force, there are many reasons to enjoy great appetizers. This dish will feed a party crowd from tailgating in the preseason, enjoying Memorial Day or July 4th, or simply gathering around the pool.
- Extra virgin olive oil – While many dips can be substituted, when it comes to dips, we highly suggest sticking to Olive Oil and not mixing it up with vegetable oil.
- Cherry tomatoes – We love the colors of Wild Wonders Tomatoes, which give a variety of pretty colors for a dip.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cheese – feta cheese and softened cream cheese is the most delicious cheese mixture.
- Honey – There are many types of great honey options, and we love wildflower honey.
How to make Tomato Feta Cheese Dip
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Add olive oil, cherry tomatoes, and one tablespoon of Italian seasoning to a baking dish. Mix well and make sure tomatoes are in a single layer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, hot and soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Set aside.
**Here is where you’d want to remove skins if you don’t want them in your dish. I think doing this as a whole tomato is easier, as they kind of slide out, but maybe play with it. Then mash/cut the tomato in half before topping on the dip, or leave whole and let the dipper chop tomatoes as they eat them.
- Add feta cheese, cream cheese, water, honey, and the remaining one tablespoon of Italian seasoning in a food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl halfway through until smooth.
- Spread cheese onto a serving platter, about 1/2″ thick.
- Top with reserved roasted tomatoes and serve with pita wedges or crunchy veggies.
- Store creamy dip leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Expert Cooking Tip
I started with whole grape and cherry tomatoes and then decided before I roasted them to cut them. I liked the idea of how they would look whole and some smooshed, but I didn’t want to scoop up a whole tomato, so I cut them.
After I cut and cooked them, I realized that sometimes the skins are tough and gross. So, if you don’t like skins, you need to keep them whole, cook them, remove the skins and then put the tomatoes on top.
Now the skins slide off, and I separate them when I eat the dip. The yellow tomatoes don’t have noticeable chewy skin, and I eat it all. The red ones slide off, and I’m not particularly eager to eat them.
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes?
Both cherry and grape tomatoes can easily be interchanged. They are generally different sizes; grape tomatoes are not quite as sweet.
Given a choice, I stick with cherry tomatoes, but I’d use what I had in a pinch.
As with all dip recipes, there are many ways to make it your own.
Adding different seasonings, like cloves garlic and pepper flakes, or various herbs like fresh basil leaves is a great way to change the dip each time.
A small splash of lemon juice might also be a welcome and refreshing way to make a tangy dip.
Best Chips for Dip
Homemade Pita Chips or pita bread go great with baked dips like this.
Other choices include delicious tortilla chips, corn chips, garlic bagel chips, and crusty bread like baguette slices. Keep it healthier by using fresh veggies like celery, sweet peppers, carrot sticks, or cucumber slices.
Hot or cold?
I like this dip room temp, but I’ve had it cold from the fridge, and it’s good, too.
Related Feta Dip Recipes
- This is the original TikTok Feta Cheese Dip Recipe. While it includes tomatoes as a simple decoration, its main base is the garlicky feta dip. In fact, the dip recipe here is a great variation of this tiktok viral recipe!
- Try a whipped feta cranberry dip recipe – one of our personal favorites for the holiday season.
- Another great way to use leftover crumbled feta is to try this whipped olive feta dip.
- Cook stuffed portobello mushrooms with blue cheese – yum!