Mini Pigs in a Blanket is not only an easy appetizer for a crowd, but can be converted to a dinner that kids will gobble right up. These crescent roll pigs in a blanket are so fun to serve with a side of cheese and chili dip to dial up the meal. Plus the two ingredient Chili Cheese Dipping sauce takes just minutes and really completes the meal!
Mini Pigs in a Blanket
While you will enjoying eating these “pigs in a blanket” with cocktail wieners, which are the prefect size, you can also use hot dogs cut in half or lil’ smokies for the same affect. The Pillsbury crescent roll bread takes almost no preparation and pairs well with almost any dipping sauce.
- 1 package cocktail wieners
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1 can chili with beans
- 1 pound package Velveeta, cubed
TIP: Try wrapping in Puff Pastry for a fun take!
Other Dips you will Love
Need more dips to serve up? They don’t all pair with hot dogs, but the following dips are easy and amazing to complete your serving tray:
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough and slice into small strips. I find that you can cut them in as few as 3 strips or as many as 5 for your smokies.
3. Wrap each cocktail wiener with one strip of crescent roll dough. There really isn’t a seam side to worry about since these are wrapped a few times. Just make sure they are not going to fall off.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes on a baking sheet or until crescents are golden brown (look at the packaging of your exact roll). Please follow instructions on your crescent rolls regarding prepping your baking sheet.
Personally I love using parchment paper to make sure nothing sticks. My pigs in a blanket took approximately 10 minutes.
Chili Cheese Dip
Pigs in a blanket dipping sauce
To make chili cheese dip – You can convert this dip below to a crock pot because typically in a party environment, you want to make sure the cheese stays hot and melty. When making for dinner, however, the stove top is totally fine! If you don’t love a chili dipping sauce, Dijon mustard is just as tasty.
- Place can of chili with beans in a stove top pot.
- Top with cubed Velveeta, 1 pound (Its the little block of cheese typically).
- Place on low heat, stirring until melted, which takes about 5-10 minutes.
- To convert to a slow cooker: Place all into a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Place chili cheese dip in a bowl and serve next to pigs in a blanket for dipping.
SLOW COOKER: If converting cheese dip to a slow cooker, place chili and cheese in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
How to Make Pigs in a blanket:
To make chili cheese dip:
Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1077mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 13g
SLOW COOKER: If converting cheese dip to a slow cooker, place chili and cheese in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.