The “top-secret” Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce is secret no more.
There’s a lot of fast food that I can resist. Burgers, fries, milkshakes, no problem there. But sit me down in front of fried chicken with Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce and it’s another story. Ever since I first tasted the sweet and slightly spicy sauce I simply can’t help myself.
Raising Cane’s Sauce could arguably be the best thing about the restaurant franchise. It’s peppery, tangy, and disappears faster than your chicken tenders, which is a real shame.
Another shame: you can’t buy it anywhere but at their restaurants! When it’s gone, it’s gone. But no more! Now that the recipe has been revealed, making your own copycat Cane’s Sauce at home is a no-brainer!
Why you will love this Copycat Recipe
This sauce is really easy to make from scratch and uses ingredients that you probably already have: a bit of ketchup, mayo, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, and garlic is all you need.
There’s no prep work involved, although I have found that it’s tastier when the flavors are allowed to meld together a bit.
If you have the patience, let your sauce rest in the fridge for a couple of hours after mixing it, and it will be better than ever. Of course, if you can’t wait, I can’t blame you!
As with all recipes, using fresh ingredients and brands you love make all the difference in sauce success. Here are the ingredients you will need to make the perfect dip!
- real mayonnaise – The key to any really great dip is the base of it. In this case, using real mayonnaise over any low fat options work the best. This gives you the full flavor of mayo.
- ketchup – Any brand will typically work.
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt, ground black pepper & garlic – This combination gives the peppery kick that Canes sauce is really known for.
How to make Copycat Raisin Cane’s Sauce
- Measure and dump mayonnaise in a bowl. Add leveled off ketchup on top of mayo.
- Seasonings: Add salt and pepper to the mixture, which gives the perfect balance of seasonings. Canes is known for its peppery sauce so this is important!
- Grate full fresh garlic right into the sauce. Fresh garlic has a lot of great moisture and no bitter taste that can be left in dried garlic. If possible, always use fresh (minced is fine) for the boldest flavors.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, which has a sweet and sour taste and gives Canes sauce its rich, deep flavors.
- Whisk all ingredients well, making sure to fully combine and mix pepper throughout the sauce.
What’s best to eat with Cane’s Sauce?
In a word: Chicken.
I mean, of course, that’s what Raising Cane’s is known for! But Cane’s Sauce goes great with a lot of other foods. Dip French fries, chips, or use it as a dipping sauce for veggies instead of ranch. Spread it on sandwiches, wraps, or burgers in place of mayo or mustard.
You can even add some oil to thin it down and use it as a dressing for your favorite grilled chicken salad.
Sauce Seasoning Variations & Tips
I totally understand that for the Caniacs out there, changing up the classic recipe is blasphemous!
But, there ARE a lot of great variations that you can make to Cane’s sauce that you may find to be tastier than the original (if it’s possible). Here are some ideas:
- Onion powder: some people really like the savory taste of onion powder in their Cane’s Sauce. For this recipe, you could add ¼-½ tsp to taste for a modest change in flavor.
- Mustard: many people like the spiciness that Dijon mustard imparts, which can be achieved in this recipe by adding 1-2 tbsp. You could be REALLY courageous and try adding horseradish mustard for an extra kick!
- Creole Seasoning: Raising Cane’s originated in Baton Rouge Louisiana, and Creole seasoning is a natural fit with this Cane’s Sauce. Add about ¼ tsp Creole Seasoning and see what you think!
- Garlic Powder: Although this recipe calls for fresh garlic, you can use powdered too. Replace the fresh garlic with 1 tsp garlic powder.
How long will copycat sauce keep for?
This sauce should keep in the fridge for about two weeks. I usually make my dipping sauces in a mason jar so that I can lid them easily and take them in and out of the fridge. If you use any ingredients without preservatives, such as your mayo or ketchup, the sauce may not last as long.
Is Raisin’ Cane’s Sauce the same as Zaxby’s Sauce?
Some people have tried to compare Cane’s Sauce to Zaxby’s, but to me, there’s no contest. While Zaxby’s and Cane’s sauces look almost identical, their flavors are quite different. Cane’s is the perfect compliment to chicken–not too vinegary, not too sweet–Zaxby’s is overpowering, sour, and a bit bitter.
Can you buy Cane’s sauce in a bottle?
Nope! Unlike Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Cane’s sauce only comes in containers right from the Raising Canes website and making a copycat recipe from home.
Can I make this gluten-free or vegan?
One of the things I like most about making my own copycat sauces is that I can control exactly what goes into them, and this proves really useful when making this Cane’s sauce too!
For a gluten-free sauce:
- Ketchup- most ketchup found in grocery stores are gluten-free, so no worries here.
- Mayo- usually gluten-free, but always check labels.
- Worcestershire sauce- French’s or Lea and Perrin’s (in the US only) brands are gluten-free
For a vegan sauce:
- Ketchup- most ketchup brands, including Heinz and Hunt’s, are vegan.
- Mayo- there are a lot of great tasting vegan mayo alternatives in stores nowadays, including Spectrum brand and Vegenaise that will work great replacing regular mayo.
- Worcestershire sauce- use Cole’s brand or make your own vegan version by combining 2 tbsp coconut aminos, ¼ tsp granulated mustard powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ tsp granulated onion powder.
- If you love at home resteraunt copies, try Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce.
- Olive Feta Dip is one delicious viral recipe that is worth making.
- We all measure garlic with our heart but this Roasted Garlic Dip measures it in spades.
- Cheese Sauce smothered with broccoli is the side dish of our dreams!
- Nothing kids love more than pizza! Bring Pepperoni Pizza Dip to the next party.
- Homemade Ranch Dip is the perfect pairing to Canes Sauce. Bring on the chicken nuggets!
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!