Make aioli from scratch with this quick recipe that combines fresh lime juice, Sriracha, and mayo for a fantastic not too spicy dipping sauce.
This robust Sriracha Aioli recipe pairs perfectly with crab cakes, fish tacos, or even fried pickles and gives your taste buds a flavorful kick.
Why make Spicy Aioli?
Dress-up Burgers: While storebought mayo or homemade mayonnaise is good when paired with chicken or burgers, the addition of Asian style Sriracha is one of the easiest but most impactful ways to dial up dinner. Creamy aioli can be used on various meals and goes well with roasted veggies, fish, and rice.
Unlike some of the other viral recipes here we test out, this recipe is a Viral Recipes Original recipe. Although trendy food is our style, we are so excited to share what we personally are cooking, baking, and whipping up this year!
- real mayonnaise
- sriracha sauce – This bright red sauce gets its flavor and kick from red jalapeno peppers.
- Lime – Fresh lime is excellent in homemade dips.
- Seasonings: garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Try a garlic clove from freshly roasted garlic to include more garlic flavor.
Many aiolis use raw eggs; however, this particular aioli has no eggs or egg yolks.
How to make Sriracha with mayo dip
- Add mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, juice of 1 lime, and garlic powder to a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and whisk well until smooth.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To drizzle the top of the dipping sauce, I put about six drops of the Sriracha in a resealable sandwich bag and snipped the tip, and then I drizzled onto the top.
Featured in this article are the beautiful, bold and bright Fiesta plates. You can check out some of these plate sets here on Amazon if you like them!
Sriracha is a spicy sauce made mainly with jalapeno pepper paste, vinegar, and various spices. It’s super popular for sauces, dips, and aiolis and goes with multiple ingredients that call for hot sauce.
Aioli itself is typically a sauce found in the Mediterranean that combines olive oil and a variety of other blends to create a delicious dip or sauce that can be served with bread, fries, or even hamburgers.
In this case, the spicy but sweet Sriracha blend with mayo is a delicious combination that gives you all the mouthwatering taste of lots of flavors without overheating.
Srirachas heat level is considered moderate, but it thins out the full spice level to more of a mild homemade aioli when you add to mayo.
Related Viral Dip Recipes
- This smoked cream cheese recipe can be made on the grill or in an oven – a great summer appetizer to share.
- Baked Brie with sweet honey and the crunch of pistachios looks fancy and tastes delicious.
- Enjoy a thick and hearty cream cheese sausage dip year round – SO CHEESY!
- Fried brie just may be your new favorite charcuterie board idea.
Leave A Reply!