Once you taste homemade marshmallow fluff (the same thing as marshmallow creme), you won’t want to use anything else for frosting, dips, or a fluffy spread. Smooth and delicious, this dense but airy marshmallow whip is spoon-licking delicious.
Thick and sweet, marshmallow fluff can be used topping for pies, meringue, and cupcakes but is as good in coffee and french hot chocolate.
Why you should make Homemade Marshmallow Creme
Easier than you think: If you are looking for an authentic homemade taste, surprisingly simple ingredients are all you need for homemade marshmallow fluff.
Like store-bought marshmallow fluff from the baking aisle, this dense marshmallow creme is delicious enough to eat off the spoon or enjoy your favorite baked goods.
Unlike some of the other viral recipes we test out, this recipe is a Viral Recipes Original recipe. Although trendy food is our style, we are so excited to share what we personally are whipping up in our kitchen this week!
- white granulated sugar
- light corn syrup
- egg whites, room temperature
- cream of tartar
- vanilla extract
Kitchen Items you will need
You will need a candy thermometer and a heavy-duty mixer that can beat at high speeds.
How to make Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
Make sure all items you use are very clean and contain no oil or grease. You can wipe down your mixing bowl, spatula, whisk, saucepan and spoon with vinegar before using.
- In a medium saucepan, place sugar, corn syrup, and water. Mix well.
- Heat over medium-high heat with a candy thermometer in the pan. Do not stir; just let the hot sugar mixture cook.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixer until the soft peaks are firm, about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sugar mixture has reached 240 degrees, remove it from the heat. Note: The sugar took about 10 minutes to come up to temperature, but all ranges will be a little different.
- Turn the electric mixer to low and slowly drizzle the sugar into the egg whites.
- When the pan is empty, turn the mixer to high and beat for about 4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and continue beating for another 4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat until cool.
- Use the marshmallow fluff right away or store it at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Ways to use Marshmallow Whip
We made fluffernutter sandwiches (peanut butter and marshmallow whip) with it for the first time, and it was surprisingly good!
Other ways use include:
- Cupcake or mug cake topping
- Ice Cream Topping
- Dip for fresh apple slices
- S’mores Dip, S’mores Pizza or S’mores Pie
- Dunk into coffee
Related Dessert Recipes
- This delicious whipped strawberry milk recipe can also take a dollup of marshmallow creme on top!
- Cocoa Mix, Marshmallow Creme and Whipped topping is all you need for a super trendy and sweet cocoa dip dessert dip.
- 3 Ingredient Biscoff Cake recipe that tastes just like airline Biscoff famous cookies.
Leave A Reply!