This pan-fried brie with fresh blueberries only takes a handful of ingredients for the most powerful and decadent sweet and salty viral appetizer dip.
Perfect for a cheese board, this melted brie wheel combines this unique melty cheese with sweet fresh fruit and golden brown pecans for a marriage made in tastebud heaven.
Soon you will be asking yourself where brie has been your whole life!
Why you will love Blueberry Brie
Unique: Brie is one of those cheeses that most people do not keep in the fridge. It’s a go-out-of-the-way ingredient, but when you do use it, it will remind you WHY it’s so special.
With its salty and smooth taste, Pan-fried brie pairs so incredibly with blueberries and the crunch of pecans.
Whether it’s for a holiday party, charcuterie board, or personal enjoyment, this skillet-fried blueberry brie is worth making.
Where did this TikTok Brie Recipe come from?
Thank you to TikTok Creator JustinMSchubale for this inspirational recipe that looked so good we HAD to try it – see more of his recipes here and watch the original TikTok Video below – This recipe was originally shared by this TikTok Video. .We loved it so much we couldn’t wait to try it!
- brie cheese – Brie cheese comes in a wheel of brie (round). Unlike feta, brie has a milder smoother taste and is slightly salty. It’s delicious.
- Fresh blueberries – While I love dried fruit occasionally, this dip needs to be made with only fresh blueberries.
- White sugar – White granulated sugar will help pop the blueberries and caramelize the whole dip for a sweet and salty taste.
- Pecans – The original recipe showed whole pecans, and while they look beautiful in the presentation, they are a little overwhelming when eating as a dip. We crushed ours down for an easier scoop.
- Serve with – Crusty French or Italian Bread, Crostini, Bagel Chips, Pretzels, or crackers for dipping.
How to make Fried Brie
- Place brie in the center of a large cast-iron skillet—score with a knife.
- Sprinkle blueberries, granulated white sugar, and water around the brie in the pan. Gently stir fresh blueberries.
- Cover and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Blueberries will bubble, pop and boil.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes total until brie cheese is melted.
- Drizzle sweet blueberries on top of the cheese and sprinkle with pecans before serving with a slice of bread.
Crusty Bread Bonus Recipe
- For the crusty bread, I chopped a loaf of French bread.
- Place the bread, single layer, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a pastry brush to brush a small amount of olive oil onto each slice and then season with salt (sea salt or kosher).
- Bake bread in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes (or until bread is dry) and just begin to brown on the bottom. SO GOOD with the sea salt on it!
Whole pecans will work, but it’s easier to scoop the pecan onto your crusty bread when it’s chopped.
This dish can also be made in the oven (baked), but I find that it’s easier to fry brie than oven bake when it comes to controlling the caramelized blueberries. And because it’s so quick, this brie recipe is a no-brainer.
Various Topping Ideas for Brie
- A drizzle of Honey would go fabulous with these combined flavors.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon or a sprinkle of lemon zest would not only brighten up a dish on display but pair amazingly with sweet blueberries.
- Substitute Pecans with Walnuts or Pistachios – both nuts are complementary for a dish like this and can mix up the options for later recipe enjoyment.
Related Appetizer Recipes
- Looking for some simple but tasty? This Pickle cookie recipe will brighten up that appetizer table.
- You haven’t lived until you have munched down on air fryer onion petals.
- Wow, what a dessert! This tiktok air fryer chocolate chip cookie cake takes 10 minutes and is SO much more cost-effective than hiring out for that birthday.
- Ranch Seasoning + Pickles
- 2021 wasn’t complete without this Tortilla Wrap Hack. Learn how and dial-up those lunches!
- Cream Cheese Dip Recipe – As a party appetizer, you will love how uncomplicated, hearty, and cheesy this dip truly is. **ViralRecipes.com original recipe.
Leave A Reply!