Blue Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Caps are a savory side dish, appetizer or full on filling meal that only need 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to done.
I am legit the only person in my family that enjoys mushrooms. My husband has just come around to enjoying the dry ones on his salad, but offer anyone a cooked mushroom and they all run. And I get it – mushrooms are earthy and kind of dirt like. They fall under the category that a lot of ground veggies (like beets, radishes and okra) fall into – which is an “acquired taste.”
But I love them and if you do too, this blue cheese stuffed Portobello mushroom cap is only 3 ingredients to deliciousness.
I make a lot of recipes, easy ones, hard ones, easy ones with 35 ingredients. This Portobello mushroom recipe falls under easy and FEW ingredients. All you need is the mushroom itself, delicious blue cheese, and bread crumbs, for simplicity without sacrificing flavor.
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
In 20 minutes, there is no excuse not to whip this up for a low carb (yes, even with the bit of bread) lunch that will get you straight through till dinner. Read through for tips or scroll to the bottom for a condensed printable recipe.
✔ 3 Ingredients ✔ Meatless Monday ✔ Delicious & Easy
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons bread crumbs
RELATED MUSHROOM RECIPES
Roasted Garlic Mushrooms – Roasted Garlic Mushrooms, made easily on a sheet pan and coated with melted butter and delicious minced garlic, makes a savory 15 minute side dish or an easy appetizer.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese – Stuffed Mushrooms with cream cheese are an easy appetizer to whip up. This is the easiest stuffed mushroom recipe sure to produce the most mouthwatering and delicious mushroom caps you will eat this year.
Mushrooms and Onions – Soft, savory and sautéed mushrooms and onions are deliciously caramelized in a cast iron pan and a perfect mushroom and onions side dish recipe.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms – A simple recipe, there is nothing more than marinating and then grilling before you can cut into and enjoy all the flavors the earth has to offer!
Parmesan Cream Cheese Portobello Mushrooms – I would say that that the best thing about these stuffed Portobello mushrooms is that they are keto and low carb, but the truth is, they are filling, rich, simple to make and just SO good.
Baked Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
If you have not purchased only mushroom caps (availability is different at each store), remove stem from mushroom and discard.
Place Portobello mushrooms, mushroom gill side up, on a baking sheet.
Spoon 2 oz. of blue cheese into each mushroom cap (more if you want more!).
RECIPE NOTE: 2 oz. of cheese is equivalent to 4 tablespoons.
Sprinkle each cap with 1-2 teaspoon each of bread crumbs.
Serve immediately while still warm and gooey in the center.
Stuffing Mushroom Variations
Of course blue cheese isn’t the only thing you can stuff your mushroom with.
- Seafood – Shrimp, Crab Meat
- Vegetables – Diced Onions, Diced Mushrooms
- Cheeses – Try other crumbled cheeses like feta or goat cheese or even top with fresh shredded Parmesan for a golden top
Looking for more Healthy Side Dish Recipes?
If you are trying to keep your lunch on track, try a few of these other awesome recipes.
- Keto Friendly Spinach and Artichoke Dip – Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip is a hot and hearty dip filled with loads of spinach, delicious artichoke hearts, and tons of creamy, melty ingredients that mold this dip into an amazing bite.
- Keto Friendly Egg Salad – Keto Egg Salad with Dijon mustard is a healthy, delicious, and keto friendly egg salad that is a perfect power lunch. Serve up on some lettuce or simply eat right out of the bowl, egg salad is one of the best ways to feel full while adding a lot of energy as a lunch.
- Keto Friendly Pimento Cheese Dip – Pimento cheese dip with cream cheese is a thick and hearty southern dip wrapped up in cheddar cheese, sweet pimento peppers, and minced jalapenos. Perfect for football and all your other gatherings, this is a perfectly easy dip ready in just 5 minutes flat.
- Keto Friendly Broccoli Salad – Keto broccoli salad isn’t much different than a regular broccoli salad! This salad is already packed full of veggies, with fresh cuts of broccoli, crispy bacon pieces, and lots of cheese! What makes this broccoli salad really stands out is I eliminated the addition of white sugar for a keto friendly substitute that has nearly no taste differential.
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove any additional left behind stem from mushroom cap and discard.
- Place mushrooms, brown gill side up, on a baking sheet.
- Spoon 2 oz. of crumbled blue cheese into each mushroom cap.
- Top with 1 teaspoon each of bread crumbs on the blue cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.