Did you know that even on a keto-friendly or low-carb diet that you can enjoy delicious and easy-to-make fried zucchini? Make it a fry-YAY by coating zucchini rounds with almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese.
Cast iron fry with coconut oil for the most delicious and most flavorful way to stay on your diet while still enjoying this addictive crave-worthy snack.
Golden brown and crispy, wait till you taste this healthier option to traditional oily fried food!
Why this recipe works
Healthier snack option: The first time you make this fried zucchini recipe you will say “How has this never been in my life!?!?” They make the BEST appetizers!
Enjoy dips: It seems like the potato chip gets all the glory when it comes to dips, but these round zucchini slices are not only great to cook this vegetable evenly, but also much easier to have a surface to dip with. Try them with homemade ranch dip, tzatziki dip, cucumber dip, roasted garlic dip, or hot onion dip.
Family Friendly: It can be really hard for kids and adults alike to dive into vegetables. But something about throwing a little crisp on the side and everyone eats them up.
Pan fry these zucchini slices to mere perfection in under 10 minutes. You won’t need a thick batter at all! The Parmesan and almond flour gives just the right amount of delicious crunch while keeping the actual “chip” lower carb than normal.
How to coat and fry low carb zucchini
- In a small bowl, add water and eggs together and beat well. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, add almond flour and cheese and mix well.
- Preheat a large skillet with a 1/3 cup oil on medium-high heat. If your pan is larger, you may need to add extra oil. The oil should be deep enough that the slices do not sit on the bottom of the pan directly and need a little oil under them. Slice zucchini squash into 1/4″ slices.
- Dip slices into egg mixture, making sure to get both sides.
- Transfer egg dipped sliced zucchini to flour/parmesan mixture and dip, also making sure to get both sides.
- Place in hot coconut oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. FLIP WITH A METAL SPATULA for best results. This makes sure the fried part doesnt unstick from the zucchini and get left in the pan.
- Drain zucchini on paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Serve immediately and with ranch dressing if desired.
Is Fried Zucchini with Almond Flour Keto Friendly?
Dietary Information: This fried zucchini recipe is Low Carb, KETO Friendly, and Gluten-Free!
Disclaimer: Dietary information provided by Carb Manager. If you are on a KETO or Low Carb diet, always make sure to double-check your own information with this or My Fitness Pal based on the brands and weights you use. I am not responsible for the calculations but do try to provide as much information as possible for readers to make informed decisions.
Information based on 2 servings of 1 full zucchini squash a piece.
Zucchini IS a squash and you can find it called zucchini, green zucchini, or zucchini squash.
Zucchini comes in a lot of different sizes. You want slightly smallish ones because they will cook faster than larger ones. You’ll need 2-3 medium-sized zucchinis for this recipe.
Both types of flours are widely used in low-carb and keto-friendly cooking. You may wonder why I use almond flour over coconut flour. Well, firstly, they both work well for frying food. Secondly, if you’re looking at the nutritional value, almond flour contains more fat, fewer carbohydrates, and fewer net carbs compared to coconut flour. So, if you’re trying to lose weight, then go ahead and try substituting almond flour for coconut flour. However, if you don’t mind having higher amounts of carbs, then stick with coconut flour.
Yes! You can change the shape of the cuts and follow the instructions exactly. Rounds or fry cut is interchangeable as long as you do not cut fries too thick. Cut the zucchini in half and then into fry sticks about ½ inch thick and 3-4 inches long. Extra cooking time may need to be added as needed.
- Roasted Eggplant and Zucchini
- Zucchini Bread
- Summer Squash Casserole
- Zucchini Tomato Casserole
- Keto Egg Salad
- Loaded Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Broccoli Slaw Salad
Connect with Us!