Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus makes an easy side dish or appetizer in the Ninja Foodi (or any other air fryer brand you may have on hand). Even non-asparagus lovers find a way to chow down when crispy bacon makes its appearance.
Nothing says love more than a side dish that takes under 20 minutes and these crisp and delicious tasty air fryer recipe makes time to plate almost non-existent and super stress-free.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Air Fryer) has never been easier.
Making bacon wrapped asparagus to perfection in the Ninja Foodi all in one is a simple recipe with powerful results that just may turn even the biggest veggie cynic into a believer!
- uncooked bacon – Each slice of bacon should be cut lengthwise in half. Thinner bacon slices cook quicker and thicker ones may need adjusted cooking times.
- fresh asparagus – Most asparagus comes in asparagus bundles. Simply take individual asparagus spears and snap the ends off of the fresh asparagus stalks.
- cooking spray – You can spray the bundles right in the basket.
- seasonings are optional: Bacon does all the hard work, but freshly ground black pepper or garlic powder are also a great addition. For those that like some heat, a dash of cayenne can go a long way. I do not suggest adding anymore season with salt, as bacon is already quite salty. Another great option is so sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese right before pulling out (about a minute or two).
Expert Tips and Recipe Variations
As mentioned above in ingredients, bacon can vary in size. There really are a ton from thick cook to super lean. No matter what cut of bacon you choose to use, cutting lengthwise helps the bacon crisp in the air fryer super easily.
Use individual stalks versus air frying bundles. This allows the tender asparagus to be fully cooked around and the bacon to completely wrap.
Nutrition is always a concern when cooking and this recipe is considered a low-carb side dish as is. Additionally, they are great as a party appetizer.
Turkey bacon can usually be used versus regular bacon. Should there be any issues keeping it wrapped, secure with a toothpick, and remove prior to serving.
If you prefer bacon wrapped asparagus in the oven, we have a recipe for that too.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Grease the air fryer ( also known as the AC or Air Crisp ) basket with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Break the dry ends off of the stalks of asparagus and discard. Set aside.
- Slice each bacon slice in half lengthwise. I know a lot of people want to use a whole piece of bacon but it often overwhelms the stalks and takes longer to crisp up, which can mean overcooked asparagus or undercooked bacon.
- Now there should be a slice of bacon wrapped around each individual asparagus stalk.
- Place bacon wrapped asparagus into the air fryer basket making sure not to let them touch.
- Spray asparagus with nonstick cooking spray.
Ninja Foodi Time and Temp for Air Fryer
So how long should you fry air fried asparagus and bacon?
Working in batches, set the air crisp to 390 and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping vegetables halfway through to ensure even cooking. Repeat the air fryer method until the batch is cooked.
Feel free to add freshly ground pepper before serving, but caution on adding more salt as the bacon is already salty! Serve bacon wrapped asparagus immediately.
Can you make bacon wrapped asparagus in advance?
Sorta. Air-fried bacon asparagus can be PREPPED the day before but not cooked. The asparagus will wilt after cooking and therefore doesn’t make a great pre-cooked side dish. However, you can prep the vegetable, slice and wrap the bacon around, and then cover in an airtight container prior to cooking, eating, and enjoying.
How to store leftovers: For freshness, this recipe is best served the day of due to the nature of this veggie. While there are no bacteria concerns in eating leftovers, and you can within 2-3 days, the vegetable will typically not be as crisp tender and the bacon will be more wilted.
Ninja Foodi Line of Products
Ninja Foodi Blender – Meet the Ninja Foodi blender with heat-iq. Combines high-speed crushing with a precision-heat cooking blender to go beyond smoothies and frozen drinks to unlock natural flavors with heat. With the push of a button, heat fruit, melt chocolate, and toast spices to create perfectly customized craft drinks.
Ninja Foodi 6.5 Quart 9 in 1 Cooker – The Ninja Foodi—The pressure cooker that crisps. Pressure cooker, air fryer, tender crisper
Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill – The Smart XL grill that sears, sizzles, and crisps. Indoor countertop Grill and Air Fryer
Ninja Foodi Toaster Oven – The ultimate meal making machine with 8 in 1 functionality: Air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, bagel, toast, dehydrate, and keep warm all in one powerful 1800 watt appliance
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken (Ninja Foodi)
- Ninja Foodi Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Ninja Foodi Stuffed Chicken & Jalapenos
- Ninja Foodi Potatoes and Bacon
Connect with Us!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 12 slices uncooked bacon - – cut lengthwise in half
- 24 stalks asparagus - – ends snapped off
- cooking spray
- optional: freshly ground black pepper
- Grease the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Break the dry ends off of the asparagus and discard. Set aside.
- Slice each bacon slice in half lengthwise.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each asparagus stalk.
- Place asparagus into the air fryer basket making sure not to let them touch.
- Spray asparagus with nonstick cooking spray.
- Working in batches, set the air crisp to 390 and cook the asparagus for 8-10 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Repeat until all asparagus is cooked.
- Feel free to add freshly ground pepper before serving, but caution on salt as bacon is already salty!
- Serve immediately.