Cream cheese ham ball smothered in pecan pieces, an easy WOW appetizer that uses up left over diced ham for one of the easiest cheese ball recipes EVER!
Ham Cheese Ball with Pecans
✔ Convert leftovers ✔ Easy Appetizer ✔ Rich & Addicting
This ham cheese ball recipe tastes like those ham rollups with a green onion, cream cheese spread onto a slice of ham and rolled up. But better since it is also put on a cracker and so much easier to make.
Super addicting, bite after bit, this is one way to use your left over ham to the final bite. This recipe doesn’t require any cooking. Just mix up your ingredients and then set a few hours prior to serving for a perfect rolled cream cheese ball.
- 2 bricks, 8 oz. each, cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- butter crackers for serving
Use left over ham from the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Boneless Ham Recipe! You can also purchase ham already cooked and diced typically in a deli department near the packaged meats.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball – Dips do not always need to be savory! This chocolate chip cheese ball is the perfect dessert appetizer that will require double dipping for sure!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip – Get your taste buds ready because cranberry cream cheese dip combines the sweet, tart, and salty for a delicious fall friendly appetizer dip that looks beautiful and tastes amazing!
Loaded Jalapeno Popper Dip – Loaded Jalapeno Popper Dip made with bacon, cream cheese, and Parmesan topping is easily oven baked for a hot, creamy appetizer dip that WOWS!
Pecan and Ham Cheese Ball Appetizer
Form dip into a ball and place onto a piece of plastic wrap.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Wrap up with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
To serve, remove plastic and serve with butter crackers.
Makes 1 Cheese ball.
Common Cheese Ball Questions
- How to get Fine Pecan Pieces – Pecan pieces come in bags in the baking aisle near chocolate chips and coconut shreds. If the chopped pecan pieces are still too large or you have to purchase full pecans, put them in a zip lock baggie and use a rolling pin or bottom of a cup to smash smaller. You can also put the pecans in a food processor and pulse on low until the size you need.
- Are there any alterations of this cheese ball? I love this cheese ball as is, but if you like, you can add a bit of shredded cheese like cheddar. You can also change out pecans for other fine nut pieces like Walnuts.
What do you serve Ham and Cheese balls with?
There are a variety of awesome dippers like:
- Sliced Cucumbers – A great no carb way to enjoy dips
- Celery sticks – Celery sticks, carrot sticks are both great with cream cheese appetizers.
- Melba Toast – I love the crunch of Melba Toasts and they hold up amazingly when it comes to cream dips.
- Butter Crackers like Ritz – Butter crackers have a smooth, salty taste that just go deliciously with dips.
- Chips – Choose strong chips like Ruffles that wont cave to the weight of a cream cheese dip.