Red, white and blue chocolate dipped strawberries stuffed with creamy homemade cheesecake filling and topped with holiday sprinkles is an equally beautiful and delicious July 4th appetizer or dessert that makes a serious impression. Follow step by step instructions on how to make these simple, yet impressive, beautiful strawberries.
This article may contain affiliate links to help you find the same products I use.
Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Stuffed with Cheesecake
The recipe card with full measurements and instructions are available at the bottom of the post so you can print off and follow along easily.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- cream cheese, softened
- powdered sugar
- half and half
- white candy melts
- royal blue candy melts
- red, white and blue sprinkles
Before you get started on this recipe, there are a few kitchen supplies you may need. The first is a strawberry huller. This allows you to hollow out the center of a strawberry to easy add cheese cake, cream cheese, or even a chocolate frosting filling. Its one of those random kitchen items that you will be glad you have around the house because its not a lot of fun hollowing out a strawberry without one. If you know someone that does Pampered Chef, I know they have a good one, or you can buy a Strawberry Huller from Amazon here.
- strawberry huller
- You need a 1 m star tip to create a perfectly piped strawberry. You can buy individual tips here or a full piping set.
- You will also need colored candy melts. You can purchase those in any craft store but there is also a prepacked red, white, and blue set here on Amazon.
Cut a small slice off the bottom of a strawberry so it stands up. Cut the top off the strawberry and discard. Scoop out the insides of the strawberry and discard.
Pat berries again with paper towel to dry.
Let onto a cutting board or baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Chocolate Dip Strawberries with Colored Chocolate Layers
In a microwave safe bowl, work with half a package of candy melts at a time.
Heat half the package of white candy melts according to package directions.
Dip bottom 2/3 of berry into white melted candy.
Let excess drip into the bowl and place berry on prepared wax paper. Repeat until all berries are dipped.
Refrigerate to harden before next step.
Repeat with the royal blue candy melts, but dip the bottom 1/3 of the berry into the candy.
Refrigerate set to harden before next step.
Fill Strawberry Centers with Cheesecake
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and half and half until smooth and creamy.
Place into a piping bag fitted with a 1M star tip.
Pipe filling into each berry.
Top with holiday sprinkles.
Can you make Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries the Day Before?
You could make these the day ahead. I’d store refrigerated and covered. Often what happens is a little of the strawberry juice tends to ooze out and this is what happened on the bottom. It’s no big deal, but just wanted to let you be aware.
4th of July Appetizer Recipes
There is something so fun about making patriotic recipes. The red, white and blue salads, desserts, and appetizer trays are just so festive and beautiful!
I definitely recommend you make up these stuffed strawberries, but if you need more festive food for your party or picnic, also try this easy strawberry poke cake with fresh strawberries, learn how to make red, white and blue layered jello shot, or serve up this Patriotic American Flag Fruit Tray with rows of beautiful fruits in the design of a flag!
Red, white and blue foods are also fun to make for other holidays like Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Presidents Day and Labor day!
- 1lb fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 brick, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1 package white candy melts
- 1 package royal blue candy melts
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of a strawberry so it stands up straight on a tray.
- Cut the top off the strawberry and discard.
- Using a strawberry huller, scoop out the insides of the strawberry and discard.
- Pat berries again with paper towel to dry.
- Let strawberries sit on a cutting board or baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Moving on to the next step - In a microwave safe bowl, work with half a package of candy melts at a time. Heat half the package of white candy melts according to package directions. Be careful not to burn your chocolate.
- Dip bottom 2/3 of berry into candy, which goes past the middle but leaves red above the white chocolate.
- Let excess chocolate drip into the bowl and place berry on prepared wax paper.
- Repeat until all berries are dipped. Refrigerate to harden before moving on to next step.
- Repeat with the royal blue candy melts, but dip only the bottom 1/3 of the berry into the candy. Refrigerate strawberry set to harden.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and half and half until smooth and creamy.
- Place cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1M star tip.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each berry.
- Top strawberry with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How many servings will depend on how large your strawberries are. You may need to double your cheesecake filling if you have large strawberries or do more than 1 pound worth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 147Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.