This cream cheese chocolate chip dip tastes just like cheesecake and is perfect for gobbling up with Graham crackers, cookies, and fresh fruit. Double down on the mini chocolate chips and incredible cream cheese for a drool-worthy and delicious dessert that will have everyone asking for the recipe.
Sweet, creamy, and so easy to make, this dessert dip recipe is 5 minutes from beginning to end.
No-bake and no fuss, chocolate chip cheesecake dip will be gone in no time, so you may want to double it up!
Why you will love this Fun Dessert Dip
No-Bake Dessert Recipe: Move over funfetti dip. This chocolate chip cheesecake dip is so yummy that you won’t want to share! Philadelphia cream cheese, real butter, and light vanilla flavor are the perfect fluffy dessert dip to fold in many chocolate chips.
Tastes like Cheesecake: This chocolate chip cheesecake dip satisfies every sweet tooth and then some.
With the expected ingredients to make up the creamy cheesecake base, including brown sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla, this dessert dip goes amazing with Teddy Grahams, shortcake sticks, and vanilla wafers.
Just a few ingredients are needed to make a delicious chocolate chip dip – get our full recipe below, complete with images, pictures, and now a video!!
Delightful and delicious mini chocolate chips, cream cheese, butter, and lots of sugar make this a sweet treat with classic flavors.
- Sugar – You are in luck! This cheesecake dip includes BROWN sugar, which has slightly (very slightly) fewer calories than regular white sugar. Brown sugar tends to be soft, fragrant, and contains some moisture. The main difference between brown sugar and regular sugar is that brown sugar has molasses, giving it that rich, sweet flavor.
- Butter – Always use real butter when making dessert dips
- Regular Cream Cheese – Combining cream cheese in a bowl with other ingredients can take some work, so it’s best if the block of cream cheese is left at room temperature to soften it before making. Just unwrap and let it sit open to soften the cold, hard fridge temperatures. This will make the cream cheese pliable.
- Chocolate Chips – We used full-size chocolate chips (Nestles), but there are a lot of excellent baking chip choices – white chocolate, butterscotch – also, it’s OK to use mini chocolate chips like you would in a cannoli dip or cappuccino dip. As a side note, instead of milk chocolate chips, try white chocolate chips or even folding in crushed-up cookies!
How to make Chocolate Chip Dip
- Beat the softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in large chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon cheesecake dip into a serving bowl and eat immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If the dip is refrigerated, set it out about 30 minutes before serving so the cream cheese in the dip can soften.
- Serve with wafer cookies, Graham crackers, animal crackers/cookies, strawberries, or shortbread cookies. Store any leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Note that the fridge will harden the cream cheese, and the dip will need to be left out to soften for about 15 minutes to enjoy.
Here is the recipe if you prefer a chocolate chip cheese ball instead. The main difference is the round shape and chilling the cheesecake dip into a ball.
Aside from sweet cookies, fresh fruits are also a surprisingly great choice for cheesecake dips. Just like our cherry cheesecake dip recipe, cut-up strawberries are excellent as a complementary dipper. We like to serve this chocolate chip dip with something strong, like Graham crackers, animal crackers, or even sugar cookies. Fruit is also a fantastic choice, and apples are easy to dip. Dipper Ideas include – Teddy Grahams, Graham Cracker Sticks, Vanilla Wafers, Cookies, Strawberries, and Animal Cookies.
This dip is VERY SWEET. If you are looking for a sweet option that is less indulgent but still just as good, try S’mores Dip, Marshmallow Fruit Dip, Peppermint Fluff, or No Bake Christmas Cookie Dough Dip.
When food is left out, as it often is when serving an easy party dip or appetizer dip, the concern can be the growth of bacteria. While I suspect this dip doesn’t last long, most dips should go back into the fridge by 2 hours.
Dye the dip with green food coloring and add a bit of mint extract. We also highly recommend using mint chocolate chips over regular chocolate chips. The rest of the ingredients remain the same.
- This is my daughter’s favorite dip, and for a good reason! Cherry Cheesecake Dip is not only gorgeous on the table but is fast to be gone as a party dip.
- Perfect for seasonal holidays (or use the method for any special occasion), Red, White, and Blue Strawberries are as gorgeous as they are delicious.
- Move over, plain fruit said! Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad combines the taste of cheesecake and fruit into one. This is not your mama’s old-fashioned side dish!
Chocolate Chip Dip in 5 Minutes
- 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips mini work too
- wafer cookies for serving
- Pull butter and cream cheese from the fridge, open packaging, and let sit to soften for 15 minutes prior to making dessert dip. This helps it mix a lot easier.
- Beat softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in large chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon chocolate chip dip into a serving bowl and eat immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If dip is refrigerated, set out about 30 minutes before serving so the cream cheese in the dip can soften.
- Serve dip with wafer cookies, graham crackers, animal crackers/cookies, strawberries (fresh fruit) or shortbread cookies.
Soften DipCream cheese comes out as a solid block from the fridge. For best results, pull cream cheese out of the fridge and unwrap it so it begins to soften, about 20 minutes prior to assembling dip. You can make the dip with the hardened cream cheese, but it may be a bit of a struggle initially to blend.
StorageCheesecake dips must be stored in the fridge, however the cream cheese will reharden again (as cream cheese does). Simply put it back on the counter and let soften about 15 minutes to eat again or use a knife to spread it on crackers or cookies while in a more solid form.
How long can a dessert dip be left out at a party?About 2 hours….if it even lasts that long.
What to serve dip with?We like to eat it with graham crackers, however this dip easily goes with sugar cookies, apple slices, strawberries, vanilla wafers and pretzels.
How to turn this dip into a mint chocolate chip dip:Add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and replace the chocolate chips with Andes mints. Color dip with a bit of green food coloring if you like for aesthetics.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.