This cream cheese chocolate chip cheesecake dip is perfect to gobble up with graham crackers and cookies. Double down on the mini chcoolate chips and incredible cream cheese for a drool worthy and delicious dessert dip that will have everyone asking for the recipe.
Sweet, creamy and so easy to make, this dip recipe is 5 minutes from beginning to end. No bake and no fuss, chocolate chip cheesecake dip will be gone in no time, so you may wanna double the recipe.
Move over funfetti dip, this chocolate chip cheesecake dip is so yummy that you wont want to share! Philadelphia cream cheese, real butter and light vanilla flavor is the perfect fluffy dessert dip to fold in lots of chocolate chips.
Why this recipe works
This chocolate chip cheesecake dip satisfies every sweet tooth and then some. With expected ingredients to make up the creamy cheesecake base including brown sugar, cream cheese and vanilla, this dessert dip goes amazing with teddy grahams, shortcake sticks and vanilla wafers.
I know it can be hard thinking of reasons to make up something as calorie filled as cheesecake dip. While there really is no need to have an excuse to enjoy, let me give you some good reasons to make this recipe.
- Party Dip
- Potluck Dip
- Bring to your neighbor
- Movie Night
- Reward for making it through the week, the whole health crisis, Life in general
- You’re a parent
- Easy Valentines Day or Anniversary Recipe
Just a few ingredients are needed to make a delicious chocolate chip dip – get our full recipe below complete with images, pictures and now a video!! Delightful and delicious mini chocolate chips, cream cheese, butter and lots of sugar!
- Sugar – You are in luck! This cheesecake dip includes BROWN sugar, which as slightly (very slightly) fewer calories than regular white sugar. Brown sugar tends to be soft, fragrant, and contain some moisture. The main difference in brown sugar versus regular sugar is that brown sugar has molasses in it, which really give it that rich sweet flavor.
- Butter – Always use real butter when making dessert dips
- Cream Cheese – Combining cream cheese in a bowl with other ingredients can take some work so its best if the block of cream cheese is left at room temperature to soften it prior to making. Just unwrap and let sit open to take out the cold, hard fridge temperatures. This will make the cream cheese pliable.
- Chocolate Chips – We used full size chocolate chips (Nestles) but there really are a lot of great baking chip choices – white chocolate, butterscotch – also its fine to use mini chocolate chips like you would in a cannoli dip. As a side note, instead of chocolate chips, try folding in crushed up cookies!
Once chocolate chip cheesecake is ready to serve, its easy to dip or spread on pretzels or graham cracker sticks like frosting.
How to make Cheesecake Dip
Step 1: Beat softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth.
Steps 2-5: Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
Step 6: Fold in large chocolate chips with a spatula.
Spoon cheesecake dip into a serving bowl and eat immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If dip is refrigerated, set out about 30 minutes before serving so the cream cheese in the dip can soften.
Serve with wafer cookies, graham crackers, animal crackers/cookies, strawberries, or shortbread cookies.
Here is the recipe if you prefer a chocolate chip cheese ball instead. The main difference is the round shape and chilling the cheesecake dip into a ball.
Aside from sweet cookies, fresh fruits are also a surprisingly great choice for cheese cake dips. Just like our cherry cheesecake dip recipe, cut up strawberries are excellent as a complementary dipper. We like to serve this chocolate chip dip with something strong like graham crackers, animal crackers or even sugar cookies go great. Fruit is also a fantastic choice and apples are easy to dip. Dipper Ideas include – Teddy Grahams, Graham Cracker Sticks, Vanilla Wafers, Cookies, Strawberries, Animal Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- 1 brick - 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter - softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- wafer cookies for serving
- Beat softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in large chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon cheesecake dip into a serving bowl and eat immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If dip is refrigerated, set out about 30 minutes before serving so the cream cheese in the dip can soften.
- Serve with wafer cookies, graham crackers, animal crackers/cookies, strawberries, or shortbread cookies.