Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel is an effortless cheesy dinner casserole that can be whipped up with just a few ingredients and is kid friendly and delicious.
Introducing a delightful chicken spaghetti casserole recipe that is both simple and fulfilling. This dish offers a tempting option for dinner with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
And this super convenient homemade version is not only hassle-free but also a great from-scratch option that will have your entire family asking for a second plate.
Comfort Dinner is always the best dinner.
Creamy chicken spaghetti is the ultimate comfort food you can whip up when standing in the pantry, staring at the cans, and saying….” OK, what do we eat.”
Most everyone has a stack of Rotel and cream of chicken in the cupboard, and combined with shredded chicken and cheese, this main dish recipe makes a kid-friendly, family favorite, and well-loved meal that will fill you up.
Paired with a fantastic vegetable side dish, the tender chicken and creamy sauce is an easy, cheesy, creamy chicken pasta casserole you can count on.
Prep is everything ahead of time. Grab all your ingredients, open the cans, and prep your spices to be easily accessible.
Nothing makes a kitchen more fussy and messy than running in and out of the fridge and in and out of the cupboard.
Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients
- cheese: Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese
- cans: Italian-style diced tomatoes and cream of chicken soup
- seasoning: minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- cooked chicken shredded boneless skinless chicken breast, or chicken thighs
- regular spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained well.
Before starting this homemade baked chicken spaghetti, you must have shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti on hand.
- Grab some rotisserie chicken, and shred.
- Boil raw chicken breasts and shred them.
- Use leftover chicken from a previous meal.
Cook pasta al dente to avoid overcooking and mushiness in the chicken mixture.
How to make Homemade Chicken Spaghetti.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add cubed Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, a can of Rotel, cream of chicken soup, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning to a saucepan.
- Heat all ingredients together on medium heat, stirring frequently, until all the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and pasta into the cream sauce and mix well to coat all noodles evenly.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake chicken spaghetti in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated in the center.
Tips for Delicious Rotel Chicken Spaghetti:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator, adding a splash of water or chicken broth when reheating.
Don’t have mozzarella on hand? No problem. Try topping with other cheese types like Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or a shredded cheese you enjoy.
Experiment with add-ins like green, red, and yellow bell peppers or yellow onion, or change up the spices to include black pepper, salt, or garlic powder, which all complement the main ingredients.
Toppings that go well are a dash of pepper flakes or some diced green onion.
Can chicken spaghetti be frozen?
This chicken spaghetti recipe can be easily frozen, making it a convenient option for meal prep. Prepare the casserole in advance and freeze it for those unexpectedly busy weeknights.
How to freeze
Once the cheesy chicken spaghetti is combined in the casserole dish, it can be frozen without prior baking. Store it in an airtight container or cover it with aluminum foil. It will keep well for up to four months.
Remember that reheating frozen ingredients may result in a slightly different texture than freshly cooked ones. The creamy sauce might have a slightly altered consistency, but the overall flavor should remain largely unaffected.
When you’re ready to enjoy all that cheesy goodness, remove it from the freezer, thaw it, and continue with the baking instructions.
Substitutions: Swap cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom soup.
What to serve with Chicken Spaghetti
With all those carbs and big flavors, you can balance the guilt with seasonal veggies or a side salad!
Our top choices for sides with chicken spaghetti are all air fried. I usually recommend an oven-roasted vegetable, but since the chicken spaghetti needs the oven to cook, it’s much more challenging.
Instead, use the air fryer for your sides and have them end together.
Just remember, chicken spaghetti with creamy cheese sauce is often a complete meal by itself, needing not much more than a side of garlic bread to sop up the rest of the goodness.
Leave A Reply!