This old fashioned chicken vegetable soup with fresh vegetables and chicken stock is one of the best soup recipes you will make this year.
Full of chicken and hearty, chunky vegetables, this classic soup comes together quickly and is perfect any time of the year.
Why you will love making Chicken and Vegetables Soup!
This hearty chicken vegetable soup is delicious. It’s bursting with flavors and a great way to use leftover vegetables.
You can also easily omit the meat and use vegetable broth for a vegetarian option or swap the chicken for beef stew meat and beef broth.
This easy recipe can be pulled together quickly on a weeknight as well.
This freezes well, too. I have divided leftover chicken soup into smaller containers, frozen it, and then defrosted them for my lunches.
- vegetable oil
- fresh vegetables – chopped onion, frozen peas, carrots, beans and corn mixed vegetables, fresh mushrooms, russet potatoes (or gold potatoes), and chopped celery
- raw chicken breast
- diced tomatoes
- chicken broth
- seasonings – dried oregano, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper
How to make Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup.
- Add vegetable cooking oil, diced onion, diced celery and chicken pieces to a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Heat over medium heat, frequently stirring until chicken is no longer pink and cooked on all sides, and onion and celery are tender.
- Add frozen vegetables, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes and broth to soup pot and mix well.
- Add spices and seasonings and mix well. Heat over high heat, occasionally stirring until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve chicken vegetable soup immediately. Makes 10 cups.
Homemade Soup Variations
To make quicker soup, add premade Rotisserie chicken to the dish.
Chicken thighs provide a lot of fantastic juicy chicken to chicken soups, so feel free to vary tender chicken cuts.
If you like to season with salt, kosher salt (larger pieces) brings out a tremendous salty depth of flavor in this classic soup.
Add drained and rinsed white beans to the pot of soup for more protein.
Homemade chicken noodle soup is relatively similar to vegetable soup but contains egg noodles. If you choose to add egg noodles to this dish, cook according to the package and add. You may need additional broth, so the soup isn’t too thick.
Serve a bowl of soup with a side of bread or air fried tortilla chips.
Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Creamy soup is super typical, and people love it. To get a creamier soup, remove some broth and place in a food processor with 4 oz. of softened cream cheese.
Blend and dump back into vegetable soup. You get the savory flavors of veggies, chicken, and creamy cream cheese.
Related Cozy Soup Recipes
Delicious flavors are a must in family dinners. Here are some incredible healthy soup recipes that make you feel cozy during flu season.
Soup season isn’t complete without a savory Italian meatball soup recipe.
Tiktok Viral recipes are typically a win, and this red pepper soup recipe (With fresh red bell peppers) and this easy cheesy lasagna soup recipe (a favorite here) are flawless for football sunday.
I’m not gonna call this recipe healthy, but it is delicious. Try creamy hamburger soup with Velveeta cheese!
Leave A Reply!