You won’t believe how easy it is to Air Fry tortillas into perfectly crunchy air fried tortilla chips. Not only are fried tortillas the BEST appetizer or snack ever, but air fryers like the Ninja Foodi also make perfect chips from Mexican night to movie night.
Why you will love Air Frying Chips
So it’s happened. You got a (Ninja Foodi) Air Fryer for Christmas, and now you have busted it open and are ready to make some chips! Move over traditional pan fried homemade tortilla chips and enter the ease, convenience, and fewer chances of getting a stovetop oil burn, AIR FRYER.
Perfect for chunky tomato Pico De Gallo or just when the snack attack hits, small batch or large batch, it’s SO easy to make Air Fried tortilla chips!
It’s pretty easy to learn how to air fry corn tortillas into crispy chips. Only three ingredients are needed; once the chips are ready, the real fun begins! Pair chips with Crock Pot Velveeta Cheese Dip, Tiktok’s Grilled Queso, or this super cheesy chicken enchilada dip.
Here is the super short ingredient list to make tortilla chips in a Ninja Foodi. Once you have verified everything on hand, scroll below for step-by-step instructions and a printable recipe card. If you are looking for more Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Recipes, we have that too!
- White Corn Tortillas – You can find white corn tortillas in the Mexican food aisle at most local grocery stores.
- Cooking Spray – Unlike regular fried tortilla chips, no vegetable oil or canola oil is needed. Simple nonstick cooking spray or olive oil spray works perfectly in an air fryer basket.
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt – What are chips without some coarse salt?
How to Prep Corn Tortillas for Air Fryer
While this tortilla chip recipe is for any Air fryer, I use the Ninja Foodi, an all-in-one pressure cooker, air fryer, and many other functions (TBH, that I barely touch).
- Cut corn tortillas into quarters.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a single layer of tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- Generously spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season top of uncooked tortillas with salt.
- Add a second layer of tortilla wedges and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Season uncooked chips again with salt.
- Each batch included approximately four white corn tortillas, cut in 4’s, so 16 individual slices.
Should you Preheat Air Fryer?
I do not preheat Air Fryer before starting, so the first batch may take a bit longer than additional batches. Easily check the doneness of the chips and to prevent burning by opening the Air Crisp lid and viewing.
Ninja Foodi Air Fried Tortilla Chips Recipe
You won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade tortilla chips in the air fryer! While you can fry or bake tortilla chips, the air fryer does quick work with little mess and is perfect for an individual snack.
- Set the Air Crisp function to 350 degrees with cooking time for 6 minutes.
- Check the chips halfway through and flip and mix carefully with tongs.
- When cooking is complete, check chips for desired crispiness and color. Crisp for an additional 1-2 minutes if needed.
- Remove chips from the basket and place them on a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet.
- Repeat with additional tortillas till the number of chips required is complete.
Cooking Faqs & Expert Tips
Only two layers of tortillas can be piled; otherwise, the chips will not crisp properly. Some air fryer baskets are square and can accommodate more. Just like with a regular fried homemade tortilla recipe, you have to work in batches and try not to eat more than you make!
No, not for this recipe. We find that flour tortillas do not have the same well-known crunch in a tortilla chip and are more susceptible to burning on the edges.
Absolutely! I use the Ninja Foodi, but any air fryer should be able to use this recipe. Always refer to the manual of the air fryer you own for any changes that you should make. Just like ovens, there can be temperature differences.
This is more of a choice situation, and honestly, any oil spray should work, but we recommend olive oil spray, avocado spray, or vegetable spray.
Yes, any CORN tortilla can be used.
Enjoy ninja food tortilla chips with one of the following incredible and delicious recipes!
- Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Dip
- TikTok Queso in the Oven
- Crokc Pot Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Hearty Mexican Chili
Connect with Us!