Funfetti Cake Dip is a super fun, super delicious cake batter dessert dip waiting to be dunked with graham crackers, pretzels, fruit, or Nilla Wafers.
While we did blog Funfetti dip recipe a few years ago, recently it has gone viral on TikTok as a Dunkaroo Dip so if you are visiting from TikTok, welcome! Grab those sprinkles and let’s get dipping and dunking!
Why this Funfetti Dip works!
Funfetti dip, known as Dunkaroo dip from the 90’s, is super simple to make, done in pretty much minutes and is addictive bite after bite. You will love the readily available ingredients, the thrown back dessert dip, the many ways to make it your own from sprinkles to chocolate chips and the variety of dippers that just flatter this dip.
Because this dip version has no cream cheese, it stays fluffy and light, making it perfect as a sweet appetizer for a potluck or party.
Funfetti cake batter dip is so easy to make and makes you want to dip those wafers, pretzels, and dippers over and over again! Kinda like old school Dunkaroo snack dippers, this dip recipe is so quick to whip up, maybe taking 5 minutes of your time, and is a perfectly simple recipe to make and sit on the counter pre-snack at a birthday party.
Here is a quick glance ingredient list. Once you have verified that you have all ingredients, simple scroll down for full measurements and instructions.
- Funfetti cake mix
- whipped topping
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- vanilla wafer cookies
How to make Dunkaroo Dip
It’s so easy to make this dessert dip! Dense and thick, with a consistency like a frosting, this appetizer dip makes for perfect “no fall” dipping! While my particular cake batter of choice is Funfetti, you can also use brownie mix or flavored other cakes that are seasonal like strawberry, pumpkin, and chocolate! Another recipe where this technique is used is no bake Christmas cookie dough dip.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry boxed cake mix, whipped topping and yogurt.
- Beat all together well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of jimmies or sprinkles.
- Spoon cake batter dip into a bowl for serving and sprinkle with remaining sprinkles before serving with vanilla wafer cookies, fruit, or pretzels.
- Dessert dips like this with dairy are best stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
This cake batter recipe makes tons of dip! I’d say 4-6 cups of dip, meaning you will never run out and is perfect for a large party. Make sure you buy 2 boxes of wafers or have lots of dippers so you don’t run out. I would easily say it serves 12!
Just like eating raw cookie dough, there is always a small risk that raw flour could contain salmonella bacteria. If this risk is a concern for you, put flour on a baking sheet and back for 10 minutes on 350 degrees prior to adding to dessert dip. This will not change the flavor of the dip. Additionally, there are cake box mixes that already have pre-baked and heat- treated flours if you check the box.
Yes! Dips like this work really well and can be made a day in advance.
How did Cake Batter Dip become a TikTok Trend?
Made with Funfetti cake mix and uber thick and creamy Greek yogurt, this 4 ingredient recipe is a can’t go wrong dessert dip smothered in sprinkles.
While we blogged this dip recipe many years ago, it some how made its way to TikTok and became a viral recipe trend. We have a habit of blogging trends WAY before they are trends (does that mean we are recipe viral trendsetters??) but are so glad you decided to visit us no matter what sent you.
Related Dip Recipes
Dips in general are pretty fun. Personally I love cake and dessert dips like this, but you can also amp up your snack table by adding one of the following awesome dips. Talk about a trifecta of dipping deliciousness!
- Marshmallow Fluff Christmas Dip
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Pumpkin Fluff
- TikTok Booty Dip
Connect with Us!
TikTok Funfetti Dip
- 15.25 oz. Funfetti cake mix
- 8 oz. whipped topping - defrosted
- 1-1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles - plus 2 tablespoons extra for topping
- vanilla wafer cookies for serving
- Please see notes on Heat Treating Cake Flour before proceeding.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry Funfetti cake mix, unthawed whipped topping and Greek vanilla yogurt.
- Beat ingredients well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
- Spoon dessert dip into a bowl for serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.
- Serve with Nilla Wafers, Pretzels, Strawberries, or other dippers.
- Store cake batter dip in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Pretzel sticks
- Ritz Crackers
- Graham Crackers
- Honey Bears