Funfetti Cake Dip is a super fun, super delicious cake batter dessert dip waiting to be dunked with graham crackers, pretzels, fruit, or Nilla Wafers.
While we did blog Funfetti dip recipe a few years ago, recently it has gone viral on TikTok as a Dunkaroo Dip so if you are visiting from TikTok, welcome! Grab those sprinkles and let’s get dipping and dunking!
Funfetti Dip Grocery List
Funfetti cake batter dip is so easy to make and makes you want to dip those wafers, pretzels, and dippers over and over again! Kinda like old school Dunkaroo snack dippers, this dip recipe is so quick to whip up, maybe taking 5 minutes of your time, and is a perfectly simple recipe to make and sit on the counter pre-snack at a birthday party.
Here is a quick glance ingredient list. Once you have verified that you have all ingredients, simple scroll down for full measurements and instructions.
- Funfetti cake mix
- whipped topping
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- vanilla wafer cookies
How to make Dunkaroo Dip
It’s so easy to make this dessert dip! Dense and thick, with a consistency like a frosting, this appetizer dip makes for perfect “no fall” dipping! While my particular cake batter of choice is Funfetti, you can also use brownie mix or flavored other cakes that are seasonal like strawberry, pumpkin, and chocolate! Another recipe where this technique is used is no bake Christmas cookie dough dip.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry boxed cake mix, whipped topping and yogurt.
- Beat all together well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of jimmies or sprinkles.
- Spoon cake batter dip into a bowl for serving and sprinkle with remaining sprinkles before serving with vanilla wafer cookies, fruit, or pretzels.
- Dessert dips like this with dairy are best stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
How did Cake Batter Dip become a TikTok Trend?
Made with Funfetti cake mix and uber thick and creamy Greek yogurt, this 4 ingredient recipe is a can’t go wrong dessert dip smothered in sprinkles.
While we blogged this dip recipe many years ago, it some how made its way to TikTok and became a viral recipe trend. We have a habit of blogging trends WAY before they are trends (does that mean we are recipe viral trendsetters??) but are so glad you decided to visit us no matter what sent you.
Is raw Cake Flour OK to Eat?
Just like eating raw cookie dough, there is always a small risk that raw flour could contain salmonella bacteria. If this risk is a concern for you, put flour on a baking sheet and back for 10 minutes on 350 degrees prior to adding to dessert dip. This will not change the flavor of the dip.
Additionally, there are cake box mixes that already have pre-baked and heat- treated flours if you check the box.
More Dessert Dip Recipes
Dips in general are pretty fun. Personally I love cake and dessert dips like this, but you can also amp up your snack table by adding one of the following awesome dips.
- Marshmallow Fluff Christmas Dip
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Pumpkin Fluff
- TikTok Booty Dip
Talk about a trifecta of dipping deliciousness!
- 1 box, 15.25 oz, funfetti cake mix
- 1 small tub, 8 oz, whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- vanilla wafer cookies for serving
- Please see notes on Heat Treating Cake Flour before proceeding.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry Funfetti cake mix, whipped topping and Greek vanilla yogurt.
- Beat ingredients well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
- Spoon dessert dip into a bowl for serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.
- Serve with Nilla Wafers, Pretzels, Strawberries, or other dippers
- Store cake batter dip in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.