Funfetti Cake Dip is a super fun, super delicious cake batter dessert dip waiting to be dunked with Graham crackers, pretzels, fruit, or Nilla Wafers.
While we did a funfetti dip recipe a few years ago, recently, it has gone viral on TikTok as a Dunkaroo Dip, so if you are visiting from TikTok, welcome! Grab those sprinkles and let’s get dipping and dunking!
Why this Funfetti Dip is so fun to make!
Funfetti dip, known as Dunkaroo dip from the 90s, is super simple to make, done in pretty much minutes, and is addictive bite after bite.
You will love the readily available ingredients, the throw-back dessert dip, the many ways to make it your own, from sprinkles to chocolate chips, and the variety of dippers that just flatter this dip.
Because this dip version has no cream cheese, it stays fluffy and light, making it perfect as a sweet appetizer for a potluck or party.
Funfetti cake batter dip is so easy to make that you want to double-dip those wafers, pretzels, and dippers!
Kinda like old-school Dunkaroo snack dippers, this dip recipe is quick to whip up, maybe taking 5 minutes of your time, and is a perfectly simple recipe to make and sit on the counter pre-snack at a birthday party.
- Funfetti cake mix
- whipped topping
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- vanilla wafer cookies
How to make Dunkaroo Dip
It’s so easy to make this dessert dip! Dense and thick, with a consistency like frosting, this appetizer dip makes for perfect “no fall” dipping!
While my particular cake batter of choice is Funfetti, you can also use brownie mix or flavored other seasonal cakes, like strawberry, pumpkin, and chocolate! Another recipe where this technique is used is a no bake Christmas cookie dough dip.
- Add dry boxed cake mix, whipped topping, and yogurt in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat all together well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of jimmies or sprinkles.
- Spoon cake batter dip into a bowl for serving and sprinkle with remaining sprinkles before serving with vanilla wafer cookies, fruit, or pretzels.
- Dessert dips like this with dairy are best stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
How much funfetti dip does this recipe make?
This cake batter recipe makes tons of dip! I’d say 4-6 cups of dip, meaning you will never run out, and it is perfect for a large party.
Buy two boxes of wafers or have lots of dippers so you don’t run out. I would easily say it serves 12!
What kind of dippers do you use for Cake Batter Dessert Dip?
Is raw cake flour OK to eat?
Just like eating raw cookie dough, there is always a small risk that raw flour could contain salmonella bacteria.
If this risk concerns you, put the flour on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees before adding it to the dessert dip. This will not change the flavor of the dip.
Additionally, there are cake box mixes that already have pre-baked and heat-treated flours if you check the box.
Can Funfetti Dip be made ahead of time?
Yes! Dips like this work really well and can be made a day in advance.
Related Amazing Holiday Dip Recipes
Dips, in general, are pretty fun. Personally, I love cake and dessert dips like this, but you can also amp up your snack table by adding one of the following awesome dips.
Talk about a trifecta of dipping deliciousness!
- Marshmallow Fluff Christmas Dip
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Pumpkin Fluff
- TikTok Booty Dip
Funfetti Dip (TikTok Viral)
- 15.25 oz. Funfetti cake mix
- 8 oz. whipped topping defrosted
- 1-1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles plus 2 tablespoons extra for topping
- vanilla wafer cookies for serving
- Please see notes on Heat Treating Cake Flour before proceeding.
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry Funfetti cake mix, unthawed whipped topping and Greek vanilla yogurt.
- Beat ingredients well until fluffy.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
- Spoon dessert dip into a bowl for serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.
- Serve with Nilla Wafers, Pretzels, Strawberries, or other dippers.
- Store cake batter dip in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Pretzel sticks
- Ritz Crackers
- Graham Crackers
- Honey Bears
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.