Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread with Caramel Sauce and delicious cream cheese icing is a simple pull apart finger food bread that is perfect for dessert or breakfast both.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Made out of easy store bought crescent roll dough, and covered in cinnamon and sugar and homemade caramel sauce, monkey bread is EASY, sweet, and decadent.
5 Reasons to fall in love with caramel sauce cinnamon roll monkey bread:
Whenever you have an opportunity to let your kids help in the kitchen, I feel like you should. Unfortunately there are always fears about heat and knives, so not all recipes are easy to translate to a little baker.
This recipe is a great way for your kids to help you. While an adult should always cut the cinnamon rolls, kids can easily add all the rolls to a bundt pan and do the ending icing (BEST PART!) making it a good duo mom/daughter/son baking adventure
CARBS! I know that shouldn’t be a reason to fall in love with cinnamon bread, but come on – we all could use some non keto every NOW and again, right?
Plus with the tiny bites you can pull off, you can really get a sweet taste in a few bites without going overboard.
SIMPLE! The main idea behind monkey bread is to add dough to your pan and pull apart, so there is no yeast involved, no pre-baking, its such a simple recipe
CHANGE IT UP! Yes, in this cinnamon roll monkey bread I didn’t settle for just icing, I added a delicious perfect layer of homemade caramel sauce.
You can also change it up with icing flavors, colors, or even spices like cinnamon, pumpkin, or nutmeg.
CINNAMON ROLLS! Need I say more?
Does the brand matter in Crescent Rolls?
To be honest, I’m not that picky when it comes to cinnamon roll kinds. Grands and Pillsbury are always a winner, but I have also seen Cinnabon version that already has some cinnamon spices on the roll.
Its also fine to use generic brands that your grocery store puts out with no difference.
sidebar: Cinnabon is probably my favorite guilty pleasure!
Now while I love the easy of not having to hand make a bunch of dough for this recipe, I do supplement with additional cinnamon and sugar to really up the taste.
If you solely rely on what they put in the tube on the dough, you will be disappointed. Make sure you take the time to add the extra sugars- trust me!
Getting started, you need the following –
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- tube crescent rolls with icing
- brown sugar
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Tips
This recipe is really easy to customize as far as making it perfect for a holiday menu or birthday breakfast.
For instance, prior to adding the icing, dye it with colored food dye.
- Red/Green for Christmas
- Orange/Black for Halloween
- Yellow/Orange for Thanksgiving
- Green/Purple/Gold for Mardi Gras
- Add Sprinkles for a special birthday breakfast!
BEST FOOD DYE FOR ICING
I have used a LOT of food dyes and there really are all kinds. Hands down my FAVORITE food dye Wilton Color Right performance dye.
I keep stocked with it and I also use it in crafts because its a really vibrant dye. If you are going to dye your cinnamon roll icing, use that.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
These cinnamon rolls DESERVE homemade caramel sauce and so do you!
This layer gives the monkey bread a sticky, delicious, caramel that really pulls it all together.
The best part is all you need is brown sugar and butter!
This caramel sauce is literally 2 ingredients and HEAT.
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Alternative
Pie fillings are amazing to add to desserts because they are already cooked fruits and require little effort.
It would be really easy to add some APPLE PIE FILLING prior to the caramel for a really rich taste (the kind that comes in cans).
Now keep in mind I haven’t done it yet, but I am positive it would be delicious (and maybe a little messy).
You could also just add a little warmed up apple pie filling and conserve some caramel sauce for the end and use it as a topping.
Need more amazing breakfast dessert recipes to chow down on? Make sure you try
Or looking for awesome desserts?
I have some of those recipes too!
*shares of this article welcome and appreciated*
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread with Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 packages - 12 oz each, tube crescent rolls with icing
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup - 1 stick, butter
- Preheat oven to 350 (usually what is on the back of the rolls) and grease a fluted bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Please check notes for information on the temperature versus your pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add white sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cut each cinnamon roll in quarters and place in cinnamon sugar bowl. Toss to coat and place into prepared pan.
- Repeat until all packages and each cinnamon roll is cut and coated. Set aside.[mv_img id="7810"]
- In a saucepan, add brown sugar and butter. Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Boil for 1 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place a large plate on top of the pan and flip the pan and plate over so the bread comes out of the pan and onto the plate.[mv_img id="7808"]
- Top with icing that came with the cinnamon rolls and serve warm.[mv_img id="7809"]