Nothing says Disney Entertainment like Disney food! And Disney’s The Grey Stuff recipe, with fine Oreo cookie crumbs and instant vanilla pudding, is a fun Beauty and the Beast Park themed dessert that can be served as is in a bowl with sugar pearls or piled high on a sugar cookie!
Named after Beauty and the Beast (Try the Gray /Grey Stuff, it’s delicious!), the iconic dessert IS delicious. Made from Oreo’s and two varieties of instant pudding, this mousse can be whipped up in no time and makes for a fun conversation around the table.
Kids will be delighted to be actually tasting a recipe from a Disney movie (or Disney Parks) and parents will be happy they didn’t need to spend $15 a bowl to make it happen!
What is “The Grey Stuff?”
The Grey Stuff, as you may recall from your own childhood, is served up to Belle in the film “Beauty and the Beast.” Thankfully its also served at Disneyland Park, where it can be found in the Red Rose Tavern (Fantasyland) or if you are at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park, at the famed and difficult to get a reservation for “Be Our Guest Restaurant.”
The Grey Stuff Ingredients
Nothing says Disney Magic like the desserts! From larger than life cupcakes, piles of mousse, and those magical chocolate Mickey Mouse Ears we all eat in Disney World theme parks, you may not be on your way to Disney THIS week but you can bring some of that delight right to your own kitchen. This Disney World Copycat Recipe, which also went viral on TikTok Trends FYP, is easier than you may think!
Additionally, while this Disney Family recipe includes instant vanilla pudding, feel free to get creative with other flavors like Oreo Instant pudding too! I hope that this often Disney Food Bucket list Item gets checked off for all the fans here!
- 1 small package, 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 16 Oreo’s, filing removed and discarded
- 1 tub, 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- black sprinkles or white sugar pearls
How to make The Grey Stuff
- Add 1 package of INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING and milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk well until pudding is creamy and smooth.
- Refrigerate instant pudding for 10 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, remove Oreo cream from center and add Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse process until you have fine Oreo Cookie crumbs. If you do not have a food processor, try a blender, or simply place cookies in a large gallon sized baggie and crush with the bottom of a glass cup or rolling pin.
- Remove any large chunks of cookie, or re-process until all of the cookies are a fine crumb. If there are any large pieces of cookie, the star tip will clog later in the recipe.
- Remove vanilla pudding from the refrigerator and add in the fine Oreo crumbs, thawed whipped topping and dry tablespoons Instant Pudding Chocolate pudding mix.
- Lightly mix all ingredients together, folding gently with a spatula until just combined.
Try ‘The Grey Stuff’ – It’s Delicious!
- Place piping bag in fridge for 15 minutes to get a bit colder.
- Spoon dessert into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. One of the easiest ways to do this is to add the piping bag into a glass and open the edges around the mouth of the cup. Then add in mousse and secure before snipping tip.
- While any tip would work, the Star Tip Used in the images here is the 1M
- Pipe mixture into small serving bowls and top with chocolate sprinkles, white sugar pearls or even extra bits of Oreo Cookie.
- Sprinkles as shown are Wilton Jumbo Nonpareils in black.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Serves 6-8, depending on the size of your dessert bowl.
How to serve The Grey Stuff
Any Disney fan knows to serve this one up with adorable little tasting spoons. hint: You can get mini tasting spoons from Amazon or the Dollar Tree.
Or simply pipe the mixture onto sugar cookies like Disney does!
The Grey Stuff – Disney Copycat Dessert
- 1 small package - 3.4 oz, instant vanilla pudding
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 16 Oreos - filing removed and discarded
- 1 tub - 8 oz, whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons dry instant chocolate pudding
- black sprinkles
- Add Instant Vanilla Pudding and milk in a mixing bowl and whisk well until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate instant pudding mixture for 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Meanwhile, remove Oreo creamy centers from cookies and add chocolate Oreo cookies to the food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. If you do not have a food processor, put in a baggie and smash with the bottom of a glass or rolling pin.
- Remove any large chunks of cookie that might be left and re-process until all of the cookies are fine crumbs or you could clog your piping bag.
- Remove Vanilla pudding from the refrigerator and add processed Oreo crumbs, thawed whipped topping and Instant Chocolate Dry pudding mix.
- Use a spatula to gently fold ingredients together until mixed.
- Spoon The Grey Stuff Mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Pipe dessert mixture into small serving bowls and top with sprinkles or sugar pearls.
- Serve immediately (with tasting spoons or on top of sugar cookies) or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.