This is not your mamas grilled cheese – indulgent, thick and gooey, this Disney inspired grilled cheese recipe takes the magic of the parks right into your own kitchen – with a little kick.
Disney Grilled Cheese Ingredients
This iconic Disney Grilled Sandwich from Toy Story Land might be hard to get to right now, but no worries – you can make it at home with this simple recipe! Now our recipe is the viral TikTok Disney Grilled Cheese version, which has a few slight variations. But if you want the original recipe, that is also listed below in a link.
Both are amazing, decadent, and a delicious way to indulge in better-than-average Grilled Cheese right from your own kitchen. While sometimes a main dish, this ultimate grilled cheese is a beautiful side dish compliment to thick creamy winter soups like tomato or broccoli cheese.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Ingredients
Mayo Garlic Spread
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces, cream cheese, softened
- 1/4th tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- optional: dash of cayenne
- 4 sharp cheddar cheese slices
- 4 provolone cheese slices
- Artisan bread (we used The Rustic Oven Artisan White Bread)
- optional: drizzle of 1 tsp honey
Tip for using Real Garlic:
If you prefer to use real garlic, add in 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic in place of garlic powder.
TikTok Disney Grilled Cheese Recipe
Where can you find the Grilled Cheese in the Disney Parks?
The original classic recipe of this famous grilled cheese is located in Toy Story Land inside Woody’s Lunch Box restaurant which is located in Hollywood Studios.
What is different about this TikTok Grilled Cheese vs the Disney Blog Grilled Cheese?
In the Disney blog recipe, there are no spices like Cayenne or Red Pepper. There is also no Honey drizzle and Disney uses heavy cream to thin out the cream cheese.
To be honest, I have made both and both are delicious and very close in flavor.
How to make Disney Grilled Cheese
Step 1 – PREPPING THE MAYO AND CREAM CHEESE
- Mix together mayonnaise, garlic powder and sea salt – set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sea salt and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- OPTIONAL: If you would like a bit of spice, sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper in this step.
- Mix all cream cheese ingredients well. Set bowl aside.
Step 2 – LAYERING THE SANDWICH
- Spread garlic mayonnaise onto a slice of bread.
- Place a bread slice, mayonnaise side down, in a large skillet.
- Top with 2 slices of fresh cheddar cheese, cream cheese spread, optionally drizzle with honey (about a tsp – you can be generous if you like honey or less if you like less sweetness) and top with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Add mayonnaise on another slice of bread and place it on top of the sandwich in the pan, mayonnaise side out.
Step 3: GRILLING THE SANDWICH
- Heat grilled cheese sandwich over medium heat, browning each side and melting the cheese.
- Once each side is golden brown and the cheese is melty and gooey, remove from pan.
- Repeat process for 2nd sandwich.
- Serve immediately while hot.
- This recipe makes 2 large sandwiches which are perfect to dip into soups like Cabbage Soup, Wendy’s copycat Chili or Butternut Squash Soup.
More Viral Recipes
Cloud Bread – Super fluffy, fun to make and even more fun to cut into, this cloud bread can be made into any color or flavor. Consisting of 3 simple ingredients, here is how you make the tiktok cloud bread.
Booty Dip – This delicious chocolate chip dip with marshmallow fluff, whipped cream cheese, and creamy whipped topping, is a sugar loaded dessert dip that will have everyone clearing the bowl.
Mini Pancake Cereal – Kids and adults both feel nothing but experiment when being served up a bowl of little pancakes. Breakfast, snack, or even a super fun dinner, these are sure to be a hit on your table!
Big Mac Pizza – Big Mac Pizza, a take on the infamous Big Mac hamburger from McDonalds, is a copycat fusion pizza recipe (complete with that special sauce) that cannot be beat.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Pasta – Its so easy to see why this simple chicken smothered in olive garden dressing, parmesan cheese and cream cheese is a few family favorite recipe.