Fouchy potatoes, a TikTok viral sensation for the most buttery potatoes ever, is the most perfect side dish ever.
These potatoes are incredibly easy to make and filled with sour cream, heavy whipping cream, melty butter and lots of Parmesan cheese. There is no doubt in my mind that these potatoes will be the star of the dinner meal.
Easily impressive next to chicken, steak, pork or even lamb, this can’t go wrong dish pays homage to old fashioned traditional mashed potatoes with a new modern (and what I would call Southern) twist.
Where did “Fouchy Potatoes” originate from?
Before we get started, I want to share where this original recipe started. Viral on TikTok for weeks, I could not have been more intrigued when user CourtneyLouCooks shared her mom’s infamous potato side dish: Fouchy Potatoes.
You may have seen this one on your TikTok FYP but TikTok makes it so hard to follow full recipes, print them out and actually make them at home, so we test and share anything that may be worth your time – and this potato casserole is. Quite similar to our homemade mashed potatoes with cream cheese, this is a slight variation with similar creamy results.
FOUCHY POTATO GROCERY LIST
Before you get started, you need to check to make sure you have everything on hand to proceed with the recipe. As you can see checking out the recipe, these are rich and creamy mashed potatoes full of butter and cheese!
Here is the ingredient list. Once you have verified you have all side dish ingredients, move on to learning how to make this easy viral mashed potato recipe.
- russet potatoes
- heavy whipping cream
- sour cream
- green onion
- grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
CAN OTHER KINDS OF POTATOES BE USED?
Absolutely! If you have a different type of potato in-house, for example, red potatoes or Yukon Gold, it’s fine to use or mix those in.
Are TikTok’s Fouchy Potatoes worth your time?
Truthfully they are really good. Just like our loaded baked potato casserole recipe, this dish is soft, flavorful, and delicious. One change that we would make is reducing the heavy whipping cream by half and the butter on top, to maybe 2 tablespoons.
Mine had a POOL of butter on top when I cooked it. It was good but needed to be mixed up to eat since it was so much butter.
How to make Fouchy Potatoes
- Prior to starting, Russet potatoes must be cut down into chunks and boiled. Once you have prepped potatoes, move onto recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook potatoes in water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1-1/2 sticks butter and heavy whipping cream to a saucepan.
- Heat on medium low heat, stirring frequently until butter is melted and mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Add pre-cooked potatoes and mash mixture together.
- Add sour cream and beat well with a mixer until smooth.
Let’s Make Potatoes Extra Creamy!
- Fold in 1 cup Parmesan cheese and 3 sliced green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Slice remaining butter and add on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
How long to Oven Bake
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Broil for 2 minutes for top of potatoes to brown.
- Sprinkle dish with green onions before serving.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!