Delicious and tender, Crockpot Ranch mushrooms are a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth side dish recipe.
And with prep only about 5 minutes long, your trusty slow cooker does the heavy lifting, making this mushroom recipe an absolute breeze.
4 Simple Ingredients
- fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- Stick of unsalted butter, cubed
- dry ranch seasoning *dry ranch dressing mix
- chicken broth
How to Clean White Button Mushrooms
Before we get cooking, it’s essential to start with clean mushrooms.
- Gentle Brushing: Gently brush the mushrooms with a soft-bristle brush or a paper towel. This will help remove any loose dirt or debris from the mushrooms.
- Trim the stems: If the mushroom stems are dry or have tough ends, trim them with a knife. You want to keep the tender part of the stem while discarding any tough bits.
- Avoid Soaking: It’s important not to soak button mushrooms in water. Mushrooms are like sponges and can absorb excess moisture, affecting their texture and flavor. Instead, use a damp paper towel or cloth to wipe the caps and clean up any remaining dirt.
How to make Crockpot Ranch Mushrooms
Layer butter and mushrooms:
Start by placing half of the cubed butter at the bottom of your slow cooker. Arrange the cleaned mushrooms on top of the butter layer.
Top with the remaining butter and sprinkle with ranch mix.
Add the remaining cubed butter on top of the mushrooms. Evenly distribute the dry ranch seasoning over the white mushroom and butter mixture.
Cover and cook on high.
Put the lid on your slow cooker and set it to high heat. Let the mushroom recipe cook for 2 hours with the lid on.
Stir and add chicken broth.
Uncover the slow cooker after the initial 2 hours and gently stir the mushrooms. Pour in the chicken broth.
Continue Cooking on High:
Cover the slow cooker again and continue the cooking process for 2 hours on high heat.
Bonus: Mix up the flavors and try this same recipe with an Italian dressing mix packet, or season with salt, garlic cloves, black pepper, or regular Italian seasoning. Mixing up the flavors can produce other delicious versions like tuscan butter mushrooms.
Top with fresh parsley leaves for color or some grated parmesan cheese for additional flavor.
How to serve Slow Cooked Mushrooms
Once the Crockpot Ranch mushrooms are ready, serve them hot and watch as they disappear from the plate. You can enjoy them alone, top them with your favorite meats, or even savor them as an irresistible appetizer.
Easy side dishes never go out of style!
Topping for Steaks:
Elevate tender, juicy steak bites by spooning these delicious mushrooms over the top. The savory ranch flavor complements the meat perfectly, creating a mouthwatering combination for the most yummy mushrooms.
As a Perfect Side Dish:
Serve crock pot mushrooms as an easy side dish alongside your favorite meals. Their buttery texture and ranch seasoning make them a hit at any dinner table.
In a sandwich or wrap:
Add a unique twist to your sandwiches or wraps by including a generous helping of Crockpot Ranch mushrooms. They add flavor and a creamy element to your handheld meals.
On a Baked Potato:
Transform a simple baked potato into a savory masterpiece by piling on these ranch-seasoned mushrooms. They make for a fantastic, hearty topping that’s both indulgent and delicious.
As a party appetizer idea:
Impress mushroom lovers by serving slow cooked mushrooms as a delightful party appetizer. Skewer them on toothpicks for easy snacking, and watch them disappear as everyone enjoys their irresistible flavor.
Warming up leftover mushrooms is easy!
- Place the desired portion of the mushrooms in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the dish to prevent splatters and microwave on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking, as mushrooms can become rubbery if reheated too long.
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Add some butter or oil to the pan for flavor and moisture.
- Transfer leftover mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until heated. Stir occasionally to ensure even heating.