Cream Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a perfect side dish, appetizer, or quite honestly, so filling that you can eat them for dinner! In fact, while these mushrooms are, in fact, keto and low carb friendly that isn’t the best part of the recipe. The best part is that they are actually DELICIOUS.
If you like Portobello mushrooms and are looking for awesome recipes to really bite into, you cannot go wrong with cream cheese, garlic, and Parmesan.
Parmesan Cream Cheese Mushroom Ingredients
Keto, Low Carb & Delicious Mushroom Side
Whether you are making these Portobello mushrooms for an appetizer or just simply to enjoy, I stand by that this recipe is SO delicious. And while I love regular stuffed mushrooms (link below), these Portobello mushrooms are so large that one is a full meal!!
This recipe is also really easy, keto and low carb friendly, and only takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Picking out Portobello Mushrooms
There are some stores that already pick out the mushroom stems and leave you with just caps. In this recipe, get the Portobello mushrooms with stems in center so you can cut them up for the cream cheese stuffed recipe.
You need them as part of the filling.
Are Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms Keto Friendly?
Great news! This recipe is low carb and keto friendly, making it a wonderful appetizer, side dish, or even main dish if you are looking for a robust meatless Monday.
Tender, delicious mushrooms, Portobello is the perfect replacement for a nutritionally conscious cook.
Cream Cheese Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Set sheet pan aside.
Break off stems of mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms, top side down, onto the prepared baking sheet.
Add butter and minced garlic to a skillet. Dice mushroom stems and add to skillet.
Cook stems and garlic over medium heat until mushrooms begin to soften.
Add cream cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese and spices and reduce heat to low.
Continue to cook and mix until cheese is melted.
Divide filling mixture into four equal parts and split amongst the four mushrooms.
Press half the mixture into the mushroom and the rest on top.
Bake stuffed mushrooms for 20 minutes until hot.
The tops may brown slightly depending on how much of the Parmesan cheese is near the top (that browns more).
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Oven Baked Side Dish Recipes
These mushrooms are awesome but there are also other really delicious and filling oven baked recipes out there. Here are just a few to get you excited about dinner tonight
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – You cannot go wrong once you learn this simple trick to letting these veggies marinate in bacon grease.
- Bacon Wrapped Mini Potatoes –Smashed Red Potatoes in Oven, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and melted butter, for a delicious, filling side dish that cannot go wrong.
- Oven Roasted Melting Potatoes – Talk about temptation! These rosemary and garlic oven roasted whole melting potatoes are crisped to perfection with the creamiest, meltiest center.
- Cheesy Asparagus – Cheesy Asparagus oven baked with garlic, heavy cream, and cheese for a delicious ooey, gooey and perfect side dish that is keto friendly and ready to be devoured.
- Oven Roasted Carrots – Roasted Carrots with fresh rosemary is a simple way to enjoy a veggie side dish tonight. Oven baked and seasoned, enjoy delicious tender crisp carrots with little to no prep to compliment your main dish.