It might be a lot of work, but the viral Food trend that took the internet by storm just a few short months ago, Mini Pancakes, is worth the effort. You might not be making these up every day, but TikTok’s awesome viral mini pancakes cereal are just as fun to make as they are to eat. Plus, smothering mini pancakes in butter, milk or even chocolate drizzles is just so satisfying for breakfast.
Call it a hack, trend, or viral food, making minature…well…anything…is satisfying. And lets face it, we all could use some FUN kitchen experiences this year! Kids and adults both feel nothing but experiment when being served up a bowl of little pancakes. Breakfast, snack, or even a super fun dinner, these are sure to be a hit on your table!
Pancake Cereal Ingredients
So you saw these little bits of awesome called mini pancake cereal on the TikTok FYP page and you are READY! It may be exciting to get started on this awesome miniature pancakes, but hold on! Better make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before moving on to the best tips for making them right. Additionally, a full printable pancake recipe is at the bottom of the post.
- baking mix (like Bisquick)
Serve miniature pancakes with Dalgona Whipped Coffee
How to make Simple Pancake Batter
Any batter will work for this really fun viral pancake cereal recipe. If you want to go simple, straight up baking mix like Bisquick works awesomely as pancake mix. Its predictable and delicious! If you want to try a homemade recipe, just use your favorite pancake batter recipe.
How to Shape Mini Pancakes
- The best part about making itty bitty tiny mini pancake cereal is you can make this as itty bitty as you want. Simply use a condiment squeeze bottle (truly the easiest way) and snip the tip for the size you want and slowly squeeze anywhere from a dime to a quarter size dots of batter onto the hot griddle.
- You can typically find squeeze bottles in the baking aisle at Walmart (where the chocolate is as they are chocolate squeeze bottles) or in the kitchen condiment section. I have also had great luck finding them at the party aisle of Dollar General.
- The condiment squeeze bottle is one that you cut the tip to any size you want. Mine is about 1/4″ in size, so it’s bigger than usual.
- If you cannot find a squeeze bottle, use a piping bag (pastry bag) or snip a small hole in the corner of a batter filled gallon size baggie and slowly drip the dots.
Making TikTok Mini Pancake Cereal
- Mix pancake baking mix, milk and egg in a bowl, making sure you mix to remove most large chunks and bubbles.
- Pour the batter (or spoon it) into condiment squeeze bottle.
- Heat a griddle until it’s hot (medium high heat works best, around 350) and squeeze or pipe small dime size amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Heat until the batter is no longer shiny, but dull.
- Flip with a fork or spatula.
- Cook on the other side for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place into a bowl.
- Getting as many mini pancakes as you want for your cereal can be time consuming.
Makes 2-1/2 to 3 cups of pancakes.
TikTok Mini Pancakes Common Questions
- What is Pancake Cereal? Pancake cereal are real pancakes, mini sized, that are super fun (as all tiny food is!) to make custom cereal over regular pancakes. The recipe is the same, the method is the only thing that changed.
- Why pancake cereal is so popular? Mainly there was a viral TikTok video that spiraled the curiosity of everyone that was stuck at home over the summer and bam – a viral trend was born.
- How long does pancake batter last? Typically excess pancake batter lasts about 2 days in the fridge. Keep in mind that pancake batter has milk and eggs in it (often) and does expire. If you are going to store premade pancake batter make sure its sealed well in the fridge.
- Could I use Almond flour for pancake batter? Almond flour is very popular in homemade pancakes. You can snag a quick almond flour pancake recipe here.
- Can I use Non-fat milk, almond milk or or soy? You can use any type of “milk” to pour over your pancakes that you want!
- Is there a specific pipping tip I can use? If you want to use an icing bag and piping tip, I recommend this tube set, that has a variety of sizes to easily control the batter flow.
- Can you freeze mini pancakes? Just like regular pancakes, you can freeze your mini pancakes. Place in zip lock baggie or air right container, seal, and freeze. They should last about 2 months in the freezer.
- Milk or Syrup….or both? Readers choice! Many people like smothering their TikTok mini pancakes with maple syrup, chocolate, or even topping with some fresh fruit like blueberries or chocolate chips. Isn’t that half the fun?
Mini Pancakes Important Tips
Remember that pancake batter spreads on the skillet or griddle, so start out with just a tiny bit till you get the hang out of the sizing.
You can use a fork to flip individually or a spatula. Just keep in mind that if you push a mini pancake into another one, they could stick.
Add a bit of food coloring to make these colored (or rainbow) or a bit of cocoa powder to turn them into mini chocolate pancakes.
More Insanely Good Breakfast Recipes
Now this isn’t the only super fun breakfast recipe! Try one of our others like:
- TikTok Bagels – Have you ever tried your hand at super easy 2 ingredient “everything bagel” bagel recipes?
- Zucchini Bread – This bread is so good it could be dessert! Plus, if you love breads in the morning, also try this moist pumpkin bread recipe too.
- Slow Cooker Grits – Nothing says savory in the morning like slow cooker grits!
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole – Just like the pancakes, this breakfast is super sweet and also serves a crowd.
- Sausage Hash Brown Casserole – Reader favorite, nothing is more delicious than this breakfast casserole. Nothing!
- 1 cup dry baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- additional milk for serving
- Whisk together baking mix, milk and egg in a bowl, making sure you mix to remove most large chunks and bubbles.
- Spoon pancake batter into condiment squeeze bottle.
- Heat a griddle on Medium high heat and once prepped, squeeze a dime size amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Let pancakes cook until the batter is no longer shiny, but dull and ready to flip. Often air bubbles will surface on pancakes. Pancake is ready to flip when bubbles pop.
- Flip mini pancakes with a fork or spatula, taking care not to push pancakes into one another or they could stick.
- Cook pancake on the other side for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown and no longer have uncooked batter.
- Remove from pan and place into a bowl. Serve with milk, syrup, chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips or fresh fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.