Enchilada Dip with Ground Beef is a Delicious Mexican beef appetizer or side dish that is ready to serve in 15 minutes flat. No slow cooker or special pan needed and most of your enchilada ingredients are right in your home!
Get ready to say WOW!
This beef dip recipe is a great one to experiment with flavors and is a great base to something even greater! Such a fun flavorful dip, enchilada beef dip also makes a perfect lunch if you want something to whip up quickly and still tastes great.
Why you will love this beef dip!
While enchilada dips can be made a variety of ways, with chicken, cheese or beef, this ground beef enchilada dip is one of the best Mexican sides, delicious appetizers or full lunch. Heart beefy meat with tons of cheese and the ease of canned enchilada sauce means not only quick but massive flavor.
Beef enchilada dip with melted cheese and sour cream is Taco Tuesday any night of the week! Before you get started on making this recipe, here are the ingredients needed for Beef Enchilada Dip.
- ground beef or ground sausage
- can of red enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese – Mexican flavored mixes go great
- sour cream – full fat
- garlic salt
- onions – diced
Ugly Dips make the Best Dips
After over 10 years of blogging and tens of thousands of photos taken and advertised I have learned one thing- y’all, the audience, don’t always care if the pictures are perfect. If the lighting is right. If something is a little overexposed or not sharp enough.
What you want is a solid, delicious recipe idea that is easy, doesn’t break the bank, and tastes great. And throughout the years I have had far more amazing recipes than crappy ones.
But here is the thing- some food is just freaking UGLY. Casseroles, dips, heck anything that involves beef, but its also some of the BEST food. So I am going to try to let my personal need to only put out pictures that are awesome and instead share with you some of my normal day to day life that doesn’t include set ups, but rather real cooking experiences.
And I hope that you come along with my adventures, forgive me for the “non-professional” imagery and give these homemade recipes a shot.
How to make Beef Enchilada Dip
- Brown up ground beef (or ground sausage) with chopped onions until meat is done. Feel free to drain grease if you have to much in your cast iron pan. I buy lean meats so I typically do not have a lot to drain out and like the extra flavor fat can bring.
- Season ground beef with garlic salt, cumin and a bit of pepper (optional). I have suggested measurements on these spices, but you can add more or less depending on your taste buds.
- Pour in one can of enchilada sauce and combine everything together in the pan. Heat and stir well.
- Add 1/3rd cup sour cream into the enchilada mixture and stir until melted.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese, continue stirring so as not to burn, until completely melted.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips or broken taco shells.
Easy Dip Variations
This dip is totally perfect on its own, but is also easy to switch up with more flavors depending on what you are in the mood for! From changing to hamburger beef to ground sausage or adding extra delicious toppings, here are some ideas that work well.
- Try adding a can of cream of mushroom or can of cheddar cheese soup to the recipe
- Prior to serving, top with fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and homemade Gauc make a perfect finish
- Serve with tortilla chips or Frito’s
- Wrap in flour tortillas for oven baked enchilada insides
- Add a can of ROTEL tomatoes
This cheesy beef dip is just one option in a large array of amazing dip recipes. If you are looking for more to munch on, whether its a football party, Saturday afternoon or Netflix night, dips make the greatest usage of time in the kitchen.
- Try Velveeta Dip with Chicken, this is a favorite recipe around here and is so good left in a slow cooker!
- TikTok Queso – this is the infamous grilled Queso that can be made right in the oven or on the grill and it is SO easy to get right the first time!
- Last but not least, try this doubles as a dinner dip, super cheesy enchilada chicken dip. It looks plain on film but is creamy and classic, plus easy to add extras like Pico De Gallo on top for color.
Connect with Us!