Delicious creamy chicken enchilada dip with a super cheesy and filling center is meant for four, but you may want the whole dish yourself! A fan favorite, this hot chicken dip is super creamy and so savory. This is for sure the dip recipe asked for at every party and you get all the credit.
If you are looking for a Simple, easy and hot chicken enchilada dip, you found it! Perfect for parties, appetizers, football gatherings or just Taco Tuesday, this is a Mexican dip that everyone will devour and then some.
Seconds? NO! THIRDS!
*affiliate links may be present in post if I recommend a product I use*
Chicken Enchilada Dip Grocery List
Before you get started on creating this party dip, make sure you have everything on hand. Once ingredients are verified, scroll below for exact measurements and how to make this recipe.
- chicken – chicken will need to be cooked and either cubed or shredded
- cream cheese, softened
- shredded cheese
- diced green chilies
- fresh cilantro
- SERVE WITH: Homemade Tortilla Chips
Chicken Enchilada Dip Video
Fresh or Canned Chicken?
I think having a pressure cooker makes having shredded chicken really easy and convenient. If you do not have one, I have a Ninja All in One, and it’s the best to make fast, fresh chicken.
As shown in the original post, I used simple pan-fried chicken with a little browning, but you could also just as easily use drained canned chicken in a pinch. Alternatively, you could also use beef in this dip.
How to make Hot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set dish aside.
- Add pre-made chicken, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cups shredded cheese and un-drained green chilies to a mixing bowl and mix well.
Bake Enchilada Dip Till Warm
- Spoon dip into prepared baking or casserole dish and spread dip evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese and feel free to be generous!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges of cheese are bubbly and center of recipe is hot.
Best ways to serve Cheesy Chicken Dip
- Top warm dip with chopped fresh cilantro before serving with tortilla chips.
- Add more heat or spice by adding fresh chopped jalapenos.
- Diced Tomatoes, fresh Guacamole and sliced Black Olives all make awesome ways to make this dip the ultimate way to enjoy.
- Try with Rotel by adding a can of these awesome tomatoes prior to baking!
Large Crowd Dip Variation
The other day I decided to make this dip for dinner and altered my original recipe to make it in a very large casserole dish. This is the recipe I used and is slightly altered from my original recipe.
- 4 large chicken breasts, cooked in pressure cooker and shredded
- 3 bricks, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese, Mexican 4 cheese
Combined, spread in a casserole dish, smothered with more cheese till the top was covered, cooked for the same time as the recipe above.
If you make this recipe and love it or alter it, I would love to know in the comments!!
Connect with Us!