This 4th of July Pizza is a great patriotic dessert recipe to serve for any red, white, and blue holiday! Totally an easy summer recipe, the homemade cream cheese and marshmallow fluff topping combined with fresh fruits make this one a fun sweet treat and perfect holiday dessert recipe.
While this fruit pizza recipe looks impressive, the pre-made sugar cookie dough keeps it really easy. Fun to eat, fun to make, and perfect for all of your family’s 4th of July traditions.
Why you will love making Patriotic Fruit Pizza
Fresh Berries – Fresh fruit is often left out of true desserts and the combination of fresh summer-friendly fruits with the sweet cookie makes this one a homemade fresh-tasting winner. The bright natural colors of the berries make making an American Flag Fruit Pizza super easy!
Great Vanilla Ice Cream Base – Move over traditional apple pie! Add a scoop of ice cream on top of the cookie slice for a cookies and cream dessert that will keep everyone wanting one more bite.
You may have also seen one of these floating around social media as a viral tiktok fruit pizza! Everyone is making them this summer.
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough – Pre-made refrigerated cookie dough saves a ton of time in this fantastic patriotic recipe.
- Cream cheese – Working with softened cream cheese is much easier. To make cream cheese more pliable for recipes, set it out of the fridge atleast15 minutes (opening the package of cream cheese) before use.
- Marshmallow cream – As a side note, marshmallow creme/cream and marshmallow fluff are not the same. While overall the taste is similar the mixture process is different changing up the texture. We prefer marshmallow creme in this one.
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped topping – Cool Whip topping should be left out and thawed.
- Fresh Fruit – We prefer washed fresh raspberries & fresh blueberries. However, if desired, it’s OK to substitute with other red, white, and blue fruits like cut fresh strawberries.
How to make 4th of July Fruit Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 12″ pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1/2″ slices.
- Take one slice and flatten it to about 1/4″ and use a small star cookie cutter to cut out the cookie. Save the scraps.
- Place the cookie onto a piece of foil folded in half to bake.
- Press remaining dough and any cookie dough scrap, into the bottom of the pizza pan baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake the cookie for 8 minutes and remove it from the oven. If the cookie has spread too much, let it stand for a minute before using the cookie cutter to cut out the cookie and make sharp edges.
- Bake the pizza cookie for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand to cool completely.
Easy Fruit Pizza Frosting
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the cookie crust.
- Add blueberries around the edge of the sugar cookie crust and on 1/4 of the cookie to create a flag.
- Place freshly cut raspberries in rows, about 1″ apart, to create stripes.
- Place the Cool Whip into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto the cookie in between the raspberries to create white stripes.
- Top with the cookie star and serve, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cookie Pizza Decoration Ideas
Other than making an American Flag, there are many other ways to decorate a cookie pizza.
- Add sprinkles or chocolate chips.
- Include frosting edges (off colors like chocolate work great).
- Add an edible topper.
Related Patriotic Dessert Recipes
The cookie cake is for the kids – the red, white, and blue jello shots recipe is for the adults!
Absolutely a classic, strawberry pretzel jello salad gives you that crunch and creamy result.
Connect with Us!