Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Recipe, a delicious triple layer dessert salad with sweet and salty pretzels, cream cheese center, and delicious jello with strawberries on top.
This is a total southern delicacy with rich taste through every bite of this recipe. Keep in mind, because Jello Salad requires some time to set, that its not a “make and serve immediately” side dish.
Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Recipe
This strawberry pretzel salad is delicious and beautiful, but does take a little time to assemble and then chill to firm. Because of that, I recommend that you make this dish the night before serving or early in the morning for an afternoon serve.
Before you get started on this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Then scroll down for Full Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Recipe measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen
Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Ingredients
- frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (do not drain)
- strawberry jello
- boiling water
- cold water
- cream cheese
- whipped topping
RELATED RECIPES: Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe, Patriotic American Flag Fruit Tray, Strawberry French Toast Casserole Recipe, Easy Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe, Fruit Salsa Recipe, Strawberry Caprese Salad
SERVE THIS RECIPE AT JULY 4TH WITH ONE OF THESE RECIPES: Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake Recipe, Triple Layered Red, White, and Blue Alcoholic Shots
How to make Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
Preheat oven to 350 and make room in the fridge for a 9 x 13 size baking dish.
To make your strawberry layer, you will want to use FROZEN sliced strawberries that have been thawed (naturally in the fridge is fine). Do NOT drain juice.
If you cannot find sliced strawberries, just buy frozen whole ones and slice them.
- Add boiling water and strawberry jello to a mixing bowl and mix well until dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cold water and strawberries from bag and mix well.
To get started on the pretzel layer, crush down your pretzels. I put them in a gallon sized bag and use a rolling pin.
A bottom of a glass cup works great for crushing pretzels too.
- Mix crushed pretzels, 1/4 cup sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and press into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes (on 350) and cool completely.
Cream Cheese Layer
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and milk and beat well.
Add whipped topping and beat until combined well.
Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Assembly
Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled pretzel crust layer.
It is important to spread your cream cheese mixture edge to edge so your jello doesn’t drip into your crust.
Gently pour strawberries on top of cream cheese layer and return to refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
Slice into squares and serve.
How long does Strawberry Pretzel Salad Keep in the Fridge?
This recipe is best served and eaten within 1-2 days or your pretzels will soften over time in the fridge. Its still good, but you lose the crunch of the bottom layer.
Can you make Strawberry Pretzel Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Make the night before and chill over night. Just keep in mind that the longer its in the fridge, the more that the pretzel layer gets soft.
- 1 package, 16 oz, frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (do not drain)
- 1 large box, 6 oz, strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 brick, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small tub, 8 oz, whipped topping, thawed
Before Getting Started
- Preheat oven to 350
- Get out 9 x 13 baking Dish
- Make room in your fridge for 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Thaw, but do not drain, strawberries. This is easily done by leaving in fridge the night prior to making this recipe. If your strawberries are whole, slice.
Make Strawberry Layer
- Add 2 cups boiling water and boxed strawberry jello to a mixing bowl and mix well until dissolved, which takes about about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cold water and strawberries (along with juice) and mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture until next steps are done.
Make Pretzel Layer
- Crust pretzels - a rolling pin with pretzels in a gallon sized bag works great. Make sure pretzels are bite sized pieces (see images in blog post for demonstration on size).
- Mix crushed pretzels, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl until combined and press pretzel crust into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake pretzels for 10 minutes on 350 and cool completely.
Make Cream Cheese Layer
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and milk and beat well.
- Add whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined well.
Assemble Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled pretzel crust layer.
- It is important to spread your cream cheese mixture edge to edge so your jello doesn't drip into your crust.
- Gently pour strawberry jello mixture on top of cream cheese layer and return to refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely set and firm.
- Slice into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.