Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad Recipe, a delicious triple layer dessert salad with sweet and salty pretzels, cream cheese center, and delicious jello with strawberries on top.
This is a total southern dessert delicacy with rich taste through every bite of this recipe. Keep in mind, because Jell-O Salad requires some time to set, that this dessert side dish is not a “make and serve immediately” recipe.
SERVE THIS RECIPE AT JULY 4TH WITH ONE OF THESE PATRIOTIC RECIPES: Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake Recipe, Triple Layered Red, White, and Blue Alcoholic Shots
Why this recipe works
This strawberry pretzel salad is delicious and beautiful, but does take a little time to assemble and then chill to firm. Because of that, I recommend that you make this dish the night before serving or early in the morning for an afternoon serve.
Before you get started on this dessert salad recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Then scroll down for Full Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O Salad Recipe measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen.
This recipe needs patience as it has 3 layers that need to set.
- frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (do not drain)
- strawberry Jell-O
- boiling water
- cream cheese
- whipped topping
RELATED RECIPES: Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe, Patriotic American Flag Fruit Tray, Strawberry French Toast Casserole Recipe, Easy Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe, Fruit Salsa Recipe, Strawberry Caprese Salad
How to make Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
Before getting started on Strawberry Jell-O Salad, preheat oven to 350 and make room in the fridge for a 9 x 13 size baking dish.
Making the Strawberry Layer
Start with this layer so the strawberries and Jell-O have time to naturally set in the fridge a little bit for this layer. To make your strawberry layer, you will want to use FROZEN sliced strawberries that have been thawed (naturally in the fridge is fine). Do NOT drain juice. If you cannot find sliced strawberries, just buy frozen whole ones and slice them.
- Add boiling water and a 6 oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O to a mixing bowl and mix well until dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sliced strawberries from bag and combine.
- Refrigerate the strawberry mixture in the fridge until it starts to set (I have heard it described as the consistency of egg whites or “partially” set)
Making the Pretzel Layer
After strawberries are in the fridge, get started on the crust. To get started on the pretzel layer, crush down your pretzels into bite sized pieces. I put them in a gallon sized bag and use a rolling pin. A bottom of a glass cup works great for crushing pretzels too.
- Mix crushed pretzels, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl and press into a 9×13 baking dish, taking care to cover as much of the bottom of the pan as possible.
- Bake pretzel crust for 10 minutes (on 350) and let crust cool completely.
Making the Cream Cheese Layer
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and milk and beat or whisk well.
- Fold in whipped topping and beat until combined well.
Layered Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O Salad
AFTER CRUST IS COOLED.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled pretzel crust layer.
- It is important to spread your cream cheese mixture edge to edge so your jello doesn’t drip into your crust.
- Place baking dish into fridge for 10 minutes to set the cream cheese.
- Gently spoon strawberries on top of cream cheese layer and return to refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Slice into squares and serve.
How long does Strawberry Pretzel Salad Keep in the Fridge?
This recipe is best served and eaten within 1-2 days or your pretzels will soften over time in the fridge. Its still good, but you lose the crunch of the bottom layer.
Can you make Strawberry Pretzel Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Make the night before and chill overnight. Just keep in mind that the longer its in the fridge, the more that the pretzel layer gets soft.