TikTok Kool-Aid Marshmallows are so easy to make, viral homemade flavored marshmallows with Kool-Aid mix are the perfect rainbow treats!
Sometimes, it’s good to kick back, relax, and pretend you’re a kid again, and homemade marshmallows are just the thing to help! Store-bought, brand-name marshmallows are (dare I say it) boring. Sure, they’re great in a steaming mug of cocoa, but past that, they are too bland, both visually and in terms of flavor. Enter colorful, homemade Kool-Aid Marshmallows.
These are SOOO easy to make, and people of all ages are going to go nuts before the sugar even hits their tongues!
Why you will love cooking with Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid Marshmallows are truly whimsical and a whole lot of fun to prepare! Use these marshmallows to decorate tropical drinks, cupcakes, or even use them in your next Ambrosia Salad. Kool-Aid Marshmallows are the perfect holiday treat, from Easter to Fourth of July to Halloween.
Besides the change in flavor, Kool-Aid has a whole range of colors, which can be tailored to suit your specific event. Make them for the snack table at your child’s next birthday party, or even use these for a baby shower or gender reveal party!
Viral foods are so fun to make! The recipe was inspired by Official Fun Foods on TikTok.
- unflavored gelatin
- unsweetened powdered drink mix (kool-aid)
- softened butter
- white sugar
- light corn syrup
- dash of salt
- powdered sugar
How to make TikTok Kool-Aid Marshmallows
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with softened butter. Set aside. Add 1/2 cup cold water, gelatin, and drink mix to a large mixer. Gently stir. Set aside. Add the whisking blade to the mixer.
- In a small saucepan, add 1/2 cup water, sugar, and corn syrup. Heat over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until the temperature hits 240 degrees F. About 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle into the mixer while it is running on medium speed.
- Pour in slowly until it’s all in the mixer.
- Continue to mix on medium-high for 3-5 minutes or until color changes to a light pink and is thick.
- Pour into prepared pan and gently spread evenly, and tap lightly to settle. Let stand for 4 hours.
- When ready to cut, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the wax paper with powdered sugar and invert the pan. If the marshmallows don’t pop out, gently pry them with a spatula or knife around the edges, and they should fall right out.
- Cut into 16 squares and dust with additional powdered sugar if sticky.
Here’s a rundown on your choice of colors and flavors when it comes to Kool-Aid:
- Red: Cherry or Strawberry
- Pink: Pink Lemonade or Tropical Punch
- Orange: Orange or Peach Mango
- Yellow: Lemonade or Pineapple
- Green: Lemon-Lime or Green Apple
- Blue: Berry Blue or Mixed Berry
- Purple: Grape or Ice-Blue Raspberry Lemonade
Can you use a handheld mixer if you don’t have a stand mixer?
A handheld mixer will also do the trick for TikTok Kool-Aid Marshmallows if you don’t have a stand mixer. You may need an extra pair of hands to pour the water/sugar/corn syrup mixture, or you can drizzle a bit at a time, mixing it in increments.
Does altitude affect marshmallow making?
If you live at a high altitude, then you will have to adjust the temperature of your water/sugar/corn syrup mixture. At sea level, you would want to read 240℉, which is what this recipe calls for, but that temperature will need to be decreased at altitude.
To determine the correct temperature for your specific altitude:
- Boil water in a saucepan, and add your candy thermometer. Let the water boil for several minutes, and check the temperature that your thermometer is reading.
- Subtract your figure from 212; the temperature of water boils at sea level. For example, if your thermometer reads 207℉ at boiling, you would reduce the cooking temperature down by 5 degrees (212-207=5). This would mean that instead of reaching 240℉ for your water/sugar/corn syrup, you would only bring the temperature to 235℉.
Can you use cooking spray in place of butter for making kool-aid marshmallows?
If you prefer to use cooking spray instead of butter, it won’t make a difference to these marshmallows. Just make sure to spray the pan well, or you’ll have quite a time extracting your final product!
How do you store Homemade Marshmallows?
Kool-Aid Marshmallows should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month, but never in the fridge—layer marshmallows with wax or parchment paper to avoid them sticking together. You can also freeze marshmallows in a ziplock bag with as much air removed for three months.
- If you’re having trouble cutting the marshmallows, use powdered sugar on your knife or cutter to avoid the marshmallows sticking.
- After cutting the marshmallows, the edges will be sticky, which is the perfect excuse to have a bit more fun! Roll the edges in pop rocks, sprinkles, or even edible glitter instead of powdered sugar.
- Add a sucker stick to make Marshmallow Lollipops.
- Use cookie cutters to cut your Kool-Aid Marshmallows into fun shapes, like stars and animals!
Leave A Reply!